Drugs and the current generation...

I know plenty of people who don't do drugs but I'm also confused how some of y'all have never even tried some %%!%...Like where did yall grow up?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I know plenty of people who don't do drugs but I'm also confused how some of y'all have never even tried some %%!%...Like where did yall grow up?

You'd be surprised at the # of people that are legitimately SCARED of it.
Read thru this thread...its people in here talking about weed as if it's a hard drug. 

I mean theres alot of artists that do heroin, i guess it increases their creativity though. bottom line is there are alot more people who abuse drugs than there are who use them for anything positive

It does ..

but that was the 60-70's

Coke was the 80's

Weed was the 90's

E pills was the 2000's

Now it's just whatever the **** you desire , but I guess you can say molly as the popular drug now *shrugs*

funny how people are just getting on .. even your favorite rappers like Kanye line biting *** :lol:

what i find more eye opening is how much drugs are accepted, ive done drugs with mangers of previous jobs, older family members and so forth.

I don't do drugs, but have been around old co-workers, friends, managers, who've done it. Now it seems like nothing would surprise me, but the first time I was like :wow:

[QUOTE name="MPLSdunk"]
Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i'd bet almost everything that the dude who smokes trees daily and eats right is healthier than someone who eats garbage and doesn't smoke.  

I bet you everything the person who eats right and doesn't smoke is more healthier than someone who smokes and eats healthy.

[/quote]

I bet you everything you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

I'm glad this thread got bumped. psychs 4 lyfe.

I miss my old SN :smh:

I blame Tumblr.
Sure everyone was doing it back then without the urge to feel cool showcasing their rebellions.
But now that teens have a place to showcase interests in a fashion where you can be accepted by a lot of people.
Why the hell not?

Also I'm sure kids see all that drug crap all the time on tumblr.
Pictures of crack and cocaine have 1000s of notes.
If a drug or drug use is taken with a DSLR and some sort of filter, you bet your *** it gets 1000+ notes.
For what reason?
Who knows.
To feel cool?
To feel accepted?
To showcase your interests?

Whatever the reason, people have been doing drugs for a while and they've always done drugs.
But you can't tell me that the wide spread glorification of it on the internet, isn't effecting the rising rate.

I live in San Francisco so the majority of the people here are liberal so I'm sure that plays a huge role on more acceptance of drug use.

But really, I feel like these "druggies" are just following trends. For example, more and more people are getting into raving/raging so more and more people are doing ecstasy and whatnot. Another example, I'm sure the whole prop 19 effort encouraged a crap ton of youngsters to rebel and start smoking weed. (I shouldn't even say youngsters because I, myself, am 21 lol.) But yeah, drug use is just a fad to most, I'm assuming.

On a side note, I've been a huge stoner lately but I don't do it because I "need" to. I just love the feeling. I'm responsible about it though. I never go to work high or anything and I try to be out of the house or just go straight to sleep if I'm home. I've done ecstasy a couple times. First time was okay and the second time was at a rave and I had a lot of fun. Not my kind of drug though. I'll stick to mary.

For example, more and more people are getting into raving/raging so more and more people are doing ecstasy and whatnot..

THIS.

people that go just to roll/drink/smoke, go overboard and get carried out on a stretcher.

Last edited:
Smoked uncountable amount of times, LSD 2x, E ~15x, Shrooms ~5x. Adderall for cramming, some prescription meds (xanex) ~10x. Just went through trying drugs phase one college summer. I'm back to school and I haven't done anything for 3 months and probably won't until break. Doing drugs have made me a better person, especially E.

Would recommend trying Molly or E to everyone. It's not addictive, takes a ton to OD. Do it with your girl or some friends

Would recommend trying Molly or E to everyone. It's not addictive, takes a ton to OD. Do it with your girl or some friends
disregard the bolded part.  just one e pill can kill you.  the percentages are low but it is possible. however i would agree that everyone deserves to have that feeling at least once in your life.

Is it conceivable to the NT community though that some one can just not want to do drugs?

I am 25 years old and have never smoked weed a cigar a cigarette or done any drugs. I enjoy a good beer and whiskey/scotch though. But all this "you need to experience it". I kind of understand the "you don't understand because you haven't done it". But i like being coherent and aware. I like my thought processes unclouded. I like being a normal living person. I have nothing against drugs i just feel like a lot of people are like yeah try LSD because they are bored with life and want something new and "fun". But what if you are content with life and fun is working out, riding your motorcycle, playing soccer.

My friends do drugs i just never really feel like being high for 2 hours on a couch or tripping my face off for 6 hours is something i "need" to experience right now. Maybe i will when i am old and retired or something. But I'm cool for now.

It does seem like drugs are pretty prevalent these days though. I meet people and they are like oh i just need to go pick up some perks (sp?). And I'm always like oh you just say that out loud like its no big deal now....didn't realize it was like that lol.

:lol: I think everyone says this after they're first roll.

X isn't what it used to be, doe. A lot of home made BS going around.

so someone tell me why when i take xanaxs they dont do nothing to me if i pop like 3 of em... but i pop 1 and smoke my regular 2 sweets every 3 hours then i swear its over... im ****** up

Smoked uncountable amount of times, LSD 2x, E ~15x, Shrooms ~5x. Adderall for cramming, some prescription meds (xanex) ~10x. Just went through trying drugs phase one college summer. I'm back to school and I haven't done anything for 3 months and probably won't until break. Doing drugs have made me a better person, especially E.

don't listen to this man. U can take the wrong E from the wrong person and get your entire brain messed up. One of my friends used to be normal until he popped E this one time and now he can't speak, just stutters, it messed his spinal chord up forreal. :smh:

i was watching weeds and they said in there takin E is like removing ice cream scoops from yo brain

what exactly does adderall do for people who don't have a perscription for it ?

figured id try it one time when writing a 15 page paper and it actually felt like it took longer to write w/ it, then w/o it. it felt like I procrastinated more after i took it.

my roommate sophomore year had a scrip for it and when he took he was hyper studious, sometimes not hearing from him for like a day and half because he was in the library.

Last edited:
what exactly does adderall do for people who don't have a perscription for it

I took it once, had half a pill ground up (don't remember what the pill dosage was). I was told to wipe it on my gums cuz they said it would get absorbed faster (who knows if that was just baloney).

It made me "hyper" aware and awake. So I see how this would be used to help study.

I was drinking at the time (yes, stupid to mix anything with alcohol) and when the adderall kicked in, I was instantly sober.

total buzz kill.

I regret it because who knows what the frak I was taking and I was lucky nothing bad happened.

what exactly does adderall do for people who don't have a perscription for it ?

figured id try it one time when writing a 15 page paper and it actually felt like it took longer to write w/ it, then w/o it. it felt like I procrastinated more after i took it.

my roommate sophomore year had a scrip for it and when he took he was hyper studious, sometimes not hearing from him for like a day and half because he was in the library.

I don't know why I found this so funny.

You'd be surprised at the # of people that are legitimately SCARED of it.

Read thru this thread...its people in here talking about weed as if it's a hard drug. 

:lol:

people in here using the term gateway drug for weed...stop it please. :rofl:

this aint the 50's...its just weed, that old school gateway term is nothing but BS.

I blame Tumblr.
Sure everyone was doing it back then without the urge to feel cool showcasing their rebellions.
But now that teens have a place to showcase interests in a fashion where you can be accepted by a lot of people.
Why the hell not?

Also I'm sure kids see all that drug crap all the time on tumblr.
Pictures of crack and cocaine have 1000s of notes.
If a drug or drug use is taken with a DSLR and some sort of filter, you bet your *** it gets 1000+ notes.
For what reason?
Who knows.
To feel cool?
To feel accepted?
To showcase your interests?

Whatever the reason, people have been doing drugs for a while and they've always done drugs.
But you can't tell me that the wide spread glorification of it on the internet, isn't effecting the rising rate.

Bruh, do you know how many people in the world there is getting high that don't know what the **** a tumblr is????

I feel like drug ABUSE is bad. Recreational use? Not so much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that opinion has no credibility unless they have actually tried the drug themselves

I feel like drug ABUSE is bad. Recreational use? Not so much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that opinion has no credibility unless they have actually tried the drug themselves

slippery slope though. i dont think anyone starts taking drugs with the intent of being an addict or abuser. it just kinda creeps up on you.

The thing that I'm mindblown about is the widespread use of harder drugs like e,molly,lsd,shrooms and even cocaine in our generation. Like there's probably only a handful of people that are actually sober at every party/gathering and people you wouldn't even expect to do drugs are the biggest users. It's become so widespread it's crazy. That's the stuff that can actually cause long term damage to your physical and mental health. I get the whole yolo mindset but damn chill,your older self is gonna be kicking himself when you have all these health problems.
This is what is wild to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom