Drugs and the current generation...

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

You come off as the type that takes pride in being "above the influence" when in reality you've been brainwashed by the American propaganda machine.

Yes, there are plenty of knocks out there that overuse them but that doesn't make drugs as a whole "bad."

A lot of intelligent people are bored by the sober mindset, and responsible drug use allows them to think in new and profound ways.

so whats some new profound stuff that drugs have helped you think up?  Heroin, Meth, Crack? I used to be a heavy weed smoker, im over that life
he's not talking about heroin, meth, or crack
laugh.gif
they don't do anything useful.

there's a difference between using marijuana to medicate or to enhance creativity and being a "heavy weed smoker", aka a pothead, who just sits around getting high and eating children's snacks 14 hours out of the day.

psychs should be in a completely different category from hard drugs like the ones you mentioned. the ones that destroy families and lives, cause murders and robberies, cause car accidents... all that bad $@!!. I deplore them. hell I don't even really agree with pain medication.

but a kid with competent sitters, an understanding of what he's doing, and a passion for exploration of self and the universe around him? maybe enhancement for his art, his music, his life in general? using some naturally occurring chems that just so happen to have some fun effects? let that boy trip..

Word. Heroin, meth, crack and even alcohol for that matter are instant gratification type drugs that leave you hating yourself in the end. I'm talking about the psychedelics that will put your $@% in place and teach you some painful lessons but make you a better person when it's over.

You are not alone luke
I'm 22 never did any drugs, after cc I transfer to state university and my first roomates dude smoked weed, but she left after couple months(prego)
That's the only time I was ever around drugs, to me I always saw it as a guy thing, I was shocked to see how many females do it
To be honest vain reasons will never allow me to try drugs
And I meant that pledge I made in 2nd grade

What is acid, is that meth

Ever since the 60s drug use has been fairly common in america

From lsd and shrooms to coke to weed

Weed ftw

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

What is acid, is that meth

No, acid is LSD, which there are different types or names...it makes you hallucinate.

Methamphetamine is a "psychostimulant of the phenethylamine and amphetamine class of psychoactive drugs"...#!$% that have you up for days, teeth fallin out, tweakin, aging fast, sores on your face, etc.

we call meth dope around here...a lot of abusers around here do that or "crank." Don't think anyone *%!*$ with crack around here. I've never tried any of those or wanted to.

My favorite recreational #!$% I tried (besides weed obviously) was Shrooms (hallucinate). Ecstacy was alright but the come down sucked, felt like a knock.

Originally Posted by y0ung j33zy

its pretty sad really that people NEED to get high to get through their day

When it gets to this point, then its a problem. Most people i know do it recreationally
most people SAY they do it recreationally.  My best friend (been best friends for the last 23 years) says that he smokes recreationally, but i dont remember the last time I've seen him sober, and he has to smoke before we go to anything.  He gets fired from jobs all the time ect.  I think alot of people justify it to themselves and their friends by saying its "recreational", but its really a more deep seeded problem.

I think you need a new best friend

Also op seems really sheltered

In the 70s drug use was everywhere and in the 80s coke was almost as socially acceptable as weed is now adays

At the end of the day everyone is gonna die there is nothing bad about doing or trying drugs as long as you are responsible with it and know where its coming from

I feel sorry for people like op

Nothing wrong with doing some Molly, coke or hallucinogens once in a blue moon. Anything else I'm good. I don't consider weed a drug. That's a plant.

Every generation had its fair share of stoners... it seems to have become "commercial" now though and the funny thing about it is that kids seem to feel their smoking habit is worth bragging about... when like everyone chiefs
laugh.gif

It will be pretty interesting when all these things we used to attribute to "fringe society" like piercings, tattoos & drug use are just the norm... Like I want to see this YOLO life thing become a "how low can you go" competition, I have a feeling there's lots of high comedy in store for us..

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Weed is not a drug.

This.

Alcohol is more of a drug by far than weed.

Drunk Driving and Alcohol Poisoning say it all.

You can't overdose from smoking pot.

I used to blow like a chimney but I stopped cold turkey 2 years ago and I don't think I'll ever blow again. I've done blow a couple of times, zanies numerous times, and E once. I don't think I've really experienced the full affect latter drugs and one day I wanna do them all at once just to experience the high.

The Weeknd makes that $*** seem so fun haha.

I'm 24 btw.

I mean theres alot of artists that do heroin, i guess it increases their creativity though. bottom line is there are alot more people who abuse drugs than there are who use them for anything positive

agreed.

and $$*# alcohol.

I just don't like the fact my boys brag about the grade of weed they smoke and post pics on the internet..then look for white collar jobs lol..I'm not saying all companies look at peoples fb Twitter etc. but you have to be smarter than that

No sympathy for those who abuse prescription drugs. Just stay out my way please.

I can barely listen to Wiz now, dude literally just makes the same songs over and over with different beats and features
30t6p3b.gif

"Hey guys, I smoke a lot of weed."

"Hey y'all, Wiz again, just reminding you how much I like weed."

"But, really though, I like marijuana a lot. Baaaahahaaahaahaa."

"#tgod and I love you am. p.s. I'm high."

30t6p3b.gif

Weed and coke is all I ever did.  Lots of coke though.  Now most of my cousins smoke.  But to do coke they hide it.  At parties they have "VIP" rooms where they do it.  I walk in the room and Im like a god... they know my history.

''I think I got a generation brainwashed to pop pills and smoke pot til they brains rot''

- Eminem

Damn,he was right?

I wouldn't try anything other than weed.

It's strange that weed is demonized yet you see advertisements for alcohol and tobacco all the time.

Don't believe the hype. Weed isn't illegal because it's bad for you. It's illegal because money can't really be made from it by big corporations.

That being said, cocaine, hallucinogens, etc. aren't exactly good for you.

I am also shocked by the acceptance of drugs in today's society. More specifically, I notice that many kids start in middle school, that's right ages 12 and 13
Some even younger.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

You come off as the type that takes pride in being "above the influence" when in reality you've been brainwashed by the American propaganda machine.

Yes, there are plenty of knocks out there that overuse them but that doesn't make drugs as a whole "bad."

A lot of intelligent people are bored by the sober mindset, and responsible drug use allows them to think in new and profound ways.

You sound like a stoner and make no sense whatsoever. Just shut up.

Not smoking weed + having an stable job > smoking weed + potentially never having a stable job

I couldn't care less if someone smokes or even does drugs just don't bring It around me or my family.
What I don't like is that all these users are inadvertently supporting mass murder down by the border and in our cities and towns. People don't like to think of those things as their problems tho.

real life...

rolling is fun as hell and awesome i think everyone should try that at least once... especially at an edm event or "rave." (ive only done it a handful of times)

blazing got boring and drinking sucks (the way you feel the next day)and also gets boring...

wont try anything else...

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

yolo.

23 years old, casual burner (cut back drastically since new years), I experiment with chems/psychs.

I'm not the type to throw them in your face like "YEAH BRO IMA GET YOU #%%#++ UP. YOU DONT LIKE DRUGS?! LOLOLOL". explain to your friends that that plan is stupid and you want no parts of it.

some drugs have actual uses, like tree and mdma. and DMT was a great experience. but needles and nose drugs and anything addictive, I'll never understand why people willingly @!@@ with that stuff. I'm 100% sure the new kids talking about molly are doing it after hearing about it from a song. Wiz made it happen with weed, now you have Mac Miller and Wayne talking about molly... "omg I wanna try that lolz"

k2 and spice are incense, don't smoke that
laugh.gif

It's funny you mention Wiz and MMiller, because I only recently began listening to music by these two dudes (3 weeks ago for the former, and a week ago by the latter), and they are partly why I made this thread...
laugh.gif

I heard the word "molly" for the first time on a Mac song I've just been hearing it everywhere since. And Wiz, eveeerryyyyy song has some reference to marijuana. It's the strangest thing ever. It's like, he can't make it through a track without referencing smoking, which is honestly quite pathetic. I enjoy his songs, but I'm left wondering if content wise, he has anything else to say. These musicians, who are themselves part of the age group that is at the center of this discussion, really need to consider the impact of their words. They're pretty much dealing through their words.

It's kinda interesting how you and others have brought up this notion of YOLO, but at the same time, think little to nothing of needle and nose drugs. If you really believe in the notion of YOLO, shouldn't you then be open to nose and needle stuff as well? 
ohwell.gif

Its who he is, though. Wiz is to this generation, what Redman/Method Man was in the 90's, what Cheech and Chong was in the 70's, etc. For those that enjoy to smoke, Wiz's music is like an anthem for them. It is what it is.

You say it's like they're dealing through their words. Well guess what, dealers don't care about the people they sell to. As long as people are willing to buy, dealers are willing to sell. Plain and simple.

Back to your original point though, what you speak of has always occurred in the 18-25 age group. You're taking notice because you have now reached that age group. Ain't nothing changed but the time. Some choose to partake, others don't.

Back
Top Bottom