Drugs and the current generation...

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

I wouldn't try anything other than weed.

It's strange that weed is demonized yet you see advertisements for alcohol and tobacco all the time.

Don't believe the hype. Weed isn't illegal because it's bad for you. It's illegal because money can't really be made from it by big corporations.

That being said, cocaine, hallucinogens, etc. aren't exactly good for you.

Qft I work at a hospital & I have seen pills that dr. Prescribe that are basically marijuana pills true story.Weed is the only drug I use recreationally other than the occasional drink at the club.I think it all depends on the user, if your a looser your going to be a looser on or off weed.

Bro, I wanna do DMT so bad for recreational purposes and inspiration to boost the surrealness, but I don't know where to get some or who to do it with.

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by BirdsIView
he's not talking about heroin, meth, or crack
laugh.gif
they don't do anything useful.

there's a difference between using marijuana to medicate or to enhance creativity and being a "heavy weed smoker", aka a pothead, who just sits around getting high and eating children's snacks 14 hours out of the day.

psychs should be in a completely different category from hard drugs like the ones you mentioned. the ones that destroy families and lives, cause murders and robberies, cause car accidents... all that bad $@!!. I deplore them. hell I don't even really agree with pain medication.

but a kid with competent sitters, an understanding of what he's doing, and a passion for exploration of self and the universe around him? maybe enhancement for his art, his music, his life in general? using some naturally occurring chems that just so happen to have some fun effects? let that boy trip..

Great post.
Nothing like exploring different state of minds. I tried weed just off of curiosity at first and it was a 
eek.gif
 experience. Now I smoke occasionally when I'm stressed,relieve chronic pain or just wanna relax and visit the other corners of my minds that I can't normally access.

The thing that I'm mindblown about is the widespread use of harder drugs like e,molly,lsd,shrooms and even cocaine in our generation. Like there's probably only a handful of people that are actually sober at every party/gathering and people you wouldn't even expect to do drugs are the biggest users. It's become so widespread it's crazy. That's the stuff that can actually cause long term damage to your physical and mental health. I get the whole yolo mindset but damn chill,your older self is gonna be kicking himself when you have all these health problems.

What's with all the judgment though really?

Were not all on same clock. I smoke weed everyday and believe that one day I will eventually stop smoking,
but hearing all these people saying $* like " I used to smoke recreationally but am done with that life now"
or " I have no sympathy for those who smoke weed" just comes off as plain judgmental, cause people smoke
for different reasons and for different timeframes. Just cause you quit before me doesnt mean you get to stand
above me or declare that you have no sympathy for me as though you are a better person for stepping away from
that life sooner than I did.

I smoke but dont drink alcohol. Both are arguably detrimental to one's health, but im not about to perch myself
on a pedestal and look down on those who do consume alcohol.

I last smoked weed 5 years ago, to tell you the truth, I'm afraid to try anything else intervention has me shook

weed isn't any more of a drug than tylenol.
actually marijuana is less narcotic in nature than tylenol .
laugh.gif

i don't get how people can drink but they've never burned. 
laugh.gif

I probably would smoke, but random drug test ain't nothing to play with

I haven't had one in about 2.5 years, but as soon as I burn I know they gonna come calling

Also any future jobs I apply for will more than likely require a polygraph

Caffein has more negative effects then weed...

As for drugs, my point of view has been pretty much shared above. I think there is a huge difference, between those who turn to drugs for specific, explained and "logical" reasons, then those who just do it, because of addiction or the lack of any better activities. Artists have a totally different approach to drugs as do for example philosophers, who in many cases reasoned when the use of drugs can be expected. I myself have also been thinking a lot about this topic and in many cases it is justifiable. In many cases it does enhance creativity or can be used to calm the mind, when there are simply too many things going on. (And I can only imagine the amount of thought within the minds of true geniuses....). Medical marijuana is also justifiable.

However what I can not accept is the use of drugs, because it is cool or hip or whatever...And those whom have a week will, because they are the ones that can get hooked to it psychologically. And this is only the lighter stuff, I'm not even talking about coke or heroine. Those are dangerous things and not many can handle the consequences, thats why I think they should be avoided.

As for hallucinogens, those are what you may call fun. A mind opening experience, yet again something many can't handle and many don't need. But due to the intense affects it's good because most won't use it again.
But like lucid dreaming for example it's great for creative minds.

All-in-all no one under the mature 16-18 age group should experiment, simply, because in my opinion drugs most be handled responsibly and with thought.

Smoked weed one time. It was magical. I literally felt at peace with the world and the answers to all life questions became so obvious.

I said I wouldn't do it again, though. That one high I got was possibly the best 6 hours of my life. Just can't get attached to it and stuff, but I do see the allure.

ASAP rocky's music never sound so good. Blazed with my home girl and listened to the whole live love ASAP. You ever felt music ?

lol at people saying YOLO to justify their habbits. YOLO is the exact reason you SHOULDNT do certain drug

::gets off soap box::

what is a drug?

the rhetoric is tricky....we can talk about weed and whatever else...but caffeine and alcohol are probably the most commonly abused drugs there are and it's socially acceptable.

sometimes people place a lot of infamy on the illegal substance without realizing how much of a hold the other substances have on culture because of the misconception that they are ok

I don't get why people do drugs .i know. Guy who used to do lines have a baby and still do that bs .Im like look t what your bringing into the wold bro Do you really wanna do this.I for one will nvr do drugs it's just gross and I respect my body and myself too much to do them

skimmed but just thinkin about currently trending drugs latety "mollys" seem like the gaff of all gaffs

lookin at em they just seem like they are just crushed up E's that people is stepping on crazy to stretch em out. I believe they aren't even a real drug

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Bro, I wanna do DMT so bad for recreational purposes and inspiration to boost the surrealness, but I don't know where to get some or who to do it with.
It is seriously one of the more enjoyable things to do but can leave you feeling so drained after you do it. 

Originally Posted by The Jersey Shirt

skimmed but just thinkin about currently trending drugs latety "mollys" seem like the gaff of all gaffs

lookin at em they just seem like they are just crushed up E's that people is stepping on crazy to stretch em out. I believe they aren't even a real drug

true molly is pure mdma

They aren't "more accepted".

We're living in the digital era where EVERYTHING is magnified and everyone is connected and see's what everyone else is up to. If the internet was around during the 60s you'd have saw the same thing.

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Not smoking weed + having an stable job > smoking weed + potentially never having a stable job

laugh.gif
 I smoke every day and am a Network Administrator for a Fortune 500 company.

So many generalizations in here it's ridiculous. 

I posted this article a while back but some of you need to read it. 

http://www.washingtonian....e-affair-with-marijuana/

It's all about perception. That's why so many of you keep referencing your lazy stoner friends and rappers...when in reality it's a staple amongst the affluent upper class citizens who hold ranking positions but you wouldn't use them as an example for why "weed is so bad" would you?

The thing that I'm mindblown about is the widespread use of harder drugs like e,molly,lsd,shrooms and even cocaine in our generation. Like there's probably only a handful of people that are actually sober at every party/gathering and people you wouldn't even expect to do drugs are the biggest users. It's become so widespread it's crazy. That's the stuff that can actually cause long term damage to your physical and mental health. I get the whole yolo mindset but damn chill,your older self is gonna be kicking himself when you have all these health problems.

Psychedelics and MDMA aren't "hard" drugs. 

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]People still have the propaganda machine thinking for them?[/color]
laugh.gif
PERFECT.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

They aren't "more accepted".

We're living in the digital era where EVERYTHING is magnified and everyone is connected and see's what everyone else is up to. If the internet was around during the 60s you'd have saw the same thing.

QFT    

those lazy stoner friends are still gonna be lazy whether there was weed or not..it isn't weed that's holding them back..it's their feeling of contentment that weed gives them...take weed out of the equation and something else will fill that empty space

oh edit: YOLO

Originally Posted by iBlink

Still waiting to pop E one good time.

E is fantastic while you are on it, the recovery is just too much for me. 

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

It is seriously one of the more enjoyable things to do but can leave you feeling so drained after you do it. 

Yup. I came out of it loving life but I was disappointed that there was a come down.If you want some, just make it yourself. It's really simple, PM me if you want some more info.

Back
Top Bottom