Drugs and the current generation...

Originally Posted by debs 168

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by debs 168

so my gf's father just died from ODing. Today.
I don't know what else to say other than that. leave the drug #!%+ alone.

sorry to hear that. I've lost 2 friends to hard drugs, can only imagine what shes going through. what was his poison?

Crack.
That's a lil different than what's being primarily discussed in here. 

luke skywalker... you seem like a pretty intelligent dude.

i just skimmed thru the thread, but i've had similar experiences to you. I've never smoke dodey, and still dont know what spice and molly is.

music being an influence is real life, and applies to those who are easy influenced by that lifestyle...

upbringing has something to do with it.

my mom always told me to DO ME... never conform to the crowd just because. for that, i am drug free, kid free, jail free, had a successful basketball career, and heading to grad school in the fall.

but i jam Curren$y till the death... i like the music. all he talk about is blowing dodey, but that's HIM... not me...

i'm 22, and think that if you havent done something by the time you're 24, you're prolly not going to get TOO involved in it.

take tattoos... i think i'm a little old to be getting my first tattoo... just like i'm little old to start smoking green...

I'm 16 and live in Ann Arbor Michigan and in the mid west its known as tree city due to are high quality medical marijuana. I started smoking march of my freshman year and have been ever since but my I don't need weed to get through my day. If I'm kicking it will my boys will probably end up rolling a couple doobs packing the bong etc it's just something we do. I've smoked weed tripped shrooms, acid and done DMT all oh which I'd do again. I feel that you need to know your limits and I know mine. If placed in the write situation I think I I'll try coke

365,000 people a year die from overdose of government approved drugs like painkillers, ect. This is way more than Heroin, Cocaine, Crack, ect. and nobody has ever died from smoking weed.

And the OP is worried about "illicit" drugs? Give me a break.

[h1]‘Epidemic’ of Painkiller Overdoses Kills More Than Heroin, Cocaine[/h1]By Janice Wood Associate News Editor
Reviewed by John M. Grohol, Psy.D.on November 2, 2011

The death toll from overdoses of prescription painkillers has more than tripled in the past decade, according to an analysis released yesterday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The new report shows that more than 40 people die every day from overdoses involving prescription narcotic pain relievers such as hydrocodone (Vicodin), methadone, oxycodone (OxyContin), and oxymorphone (Opana).

“Overdoses involving prescription painkillers are at epidemic levels and now kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined,

I got a few things to add... k more than a few.

Originally Posted by rashi

365,000 people a year die from overdose of government approved drugs like painkillers, ect. This is way more than Heroin, Cocaine, Crack, ect. and nobody has ever died from smoking weed.

First things first, this is the main point people need to focus on. It is ridiculously easy to get some hardcore !!%* from a shady doctor. I used to get $3000 worth of pills for $40 every month. And dude for sure knew I was a knock at that point in my life, no 21-year-old needs 90 Oxycontins, Xanax bars and Fent patches. This !!%* is for people with cancer or unbearable pain.

Secondly, pain pills often lead to heroin use. It did for me and a bunch of my friends (and almost every single dope user on Intervention). People (especially middle class etc) don't just start slamming heroin, they do it because it replaces the pills and it's a hell of a lot cheaper. The thing about heroin is that you can get hepatitis from the dope itself, not to mention if you share needles.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I think I've done acid or shrooms once every summer the last couple of years. Acid x California summers is
pimp.gif
Acid is awesome. I've done it three times now and I've had an enlightening and introspective experience every time. People that have "bad" trips just tend to be those who misuse it, the people who just "wanna see cool stuff" and such. If you mentally prepare yourself for the trip, things usually go well, imo. Ego death is real, and it's something incredible to experience.

Originally Posted by bbrroowwnnssuuggaarr

MDMA sucks. I used to have joog on pure MDMA in powder and in capsules and I prefer an X pill cut with an upper over that any day. I used to have a pill tester and a go on pill reports and ive had pills cut with MDMA and MDA with everything from caffeine to heroin. I much rather have my pills cut with an upper any day than pure MDMA. My rolls were cool when they were pure but they didnt last as long cus of my tolerance and I didnt geek as hard with them cut.
Kinda agree. If you get a good batch of molly you will be on a good one, you just won't roll "hard." I like molly for use at home with friends or going to a party. Pills are better for raves. I just like how the "pure" roll feels, although I do agree that tolerance is a major issue with molly. If only I could find Pokeballs in the Bay. Sigh.

Originally Posted by akwong3845

this is interesting. Its ashame that our cultural norm is the use of drugs
Your favorite musicians and artists probably did or do drugs.

Originally Posted by ricky409

i just skimmed thru the thread, but i've had similar experiences to you. I've never smoke dodey, and still dont know what spice and molly is.

music being an influence is real life, and applies to those who are easy influenced by that lifestyle...

my mom always told me to DO ME... never conform to the crowd just because. for that, i am drug free, kid free, jail free, had a successful basketball career, and heading to grad school in the fall.

but i jam Curren$y till the death... i like the music. all he talk about is blowing dodey, but that's HIM... not me...

i'm 22, and think that if you havent done something by the time you're 24, you're prolly not going to get TOO involved in it.

take tattoos... i think i'm a little old to be getting my first tattoo... just like i'm little old to start smoking green...

you are so clueless it is funny
doing drugs does not lead to failure 

not doing drugs does not lead to success

and smoking weed is much better when you do it at a later age then when you are a teen because the brain is still developing 

how are people gonna talk about drugs but know nothing about them

i must be out of touch on current drug use

this is the thing most people want these days

i just found out

16 0r 17 years back when Ecstasy was just starting to make a name powder mdma was hard to find unless you had real connects 

now people who you dont expect to do drugs are asking for this

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by solarius49

Not at all different, plenty of people had talked about regularly doing coke

Do you know the difference between the two?

the kid obviously doesn't

Originally Posted by TNW

and smoking weed is much better when you do it at a later age then when you are a teen because the brain is still developing 

As clueless and conditioned as those type of people are you really can't blame them. It's easy for me to read posts like "weed makes you lazy and dumb...drugs are bad and ruin your life" and think "idiot" but you gotta remember most of us are products of the D.A.R.E generation. It's embedded in our minds to have those sort of thoughts. Growing up I had them too. When I started to think for myself and got out there and explored the world my perception changed a bit.
I can't knock someone for being anti-drugs. It just gets annoying when people aren't educated on what they are talking about.

Funny tho...

I bet all those people who have Apple products have no idea that Steve Jobs used to get it in w/ Psych's and attributes them to shaping his creative vision for Apple 
laugh.gif

I'm 23 and I've never done coke, ecstasy, acid, etc.
Marijuana on the other hand I indulge in on a weekly basis, and used to be on a daily basis when I was in college.  My feeling with drug use has always been that if it isn't affecting your life in a negative manner, then do you.  Smoking has never affected my lifestyle, productivity, or landing a job.  "Recreational use" is such a subjective term but to me it sort of reflects the idea some had touched on of knowing when the time and place is for it.  

As far as other drugs, never really appealed to me to do them so I can see why some would have the same feeling in regards to weed.  

Trees + alcohol is all I need

Originally Posted by smellyginger

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

The war on drugs is something I've also been following for time now, not religiously, however. While I hear both sides of the argument, you cannot possibly believe that legalizing ALL drugs, or those at the center of the war--which is often the really dangerous stuff too--, is a good idea. I can see and am willing to accept the slow transitional legalization of marijuana simply because too many young people already use it and it's already a lost cause as far as banning its consumption, but the other stuff? To hell with its legalization. 

Has anyone really considered the ramifications, like for example, the millions of addicts to be birthed--literally and metaphorically--in an era of legalization? What do you do with them. Whose going to be responsible for their treatment--the government, which legalized the consumption of the substances responsible for creating these addicts, or the addicts who made a personal choice to indulge?The war has been ineffective only because the enforcers (domestic and international government agencies) have been playing both sides. If there is a real commitment to controlling the parading of this stuff, there will be real results. This is my opinion, and I could definitely be wrong though.

http://www.huffingtonpost...alization-_n_889531.html

Don't see your point, because that very same article states that: "A law that became active on July 1, 2001 did not legalise drug use, but forced users caught with banned substances to appear in front of special addiction panels rather than in a criminal court."
Originally Posted by nocomment6

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

LUKEwarm Skywalker wrote:
I don' think it's lame. It opens new and different horizon's, although relying only upon drugs would be a mistake and most great artists didn't. Just a few names:
Like said Hendrix, but I think pretty much every rock star during the 60-70s. And to be honest I'd think most rock stars do. I can't imagine Radiohead without psychedelics, even though they have denied it...Amy Winehouse, from more recent times. MIles Davis, Andy Warhol, Rothko, Modigliani, Berlioz, Baudelaire, Stephen King, Huxley and so on...I think being it alcohol, marijuana or whatever most artists tried it just to experiment, after all they spent their entire lives testing their limits.

Perhaps lame wasn't the best word. But we've already discussed the matter in some detail in the Art thread and I think I conveyed by opinion better there. Like I stated then, one should never tamper with "creativity". 

rashi wrote:

[h1]‘Epidemic’ of Painkiller Overdoses Kills More Than Heroin, Cocaine[/h1]By Janice Wood Associate News Editor
Reviewed by John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on November 2, 2011 

The death toll from overdoses of prescription painkillers has more than tripled in the past decade, according to an analysis released yesterday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The new report shows that more than 40 people die every day from overdoses involving prescription narcotic pain relievers such as hydrocodone (Vicodin), methadone, oxycodone (OxyContin), and oxymorphone (Opana).

“Overdoses involving prescription painkillers are at epidemic levels and now kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined, â€

Originally Posted by TNW

Does it lead to success, does it guarantee not failing?
You make it seem like you need it, as if it vitamin c.

Originally Posted by BrockBo

I'm 16 and live in Ann Arbor Michigan and in the mid west its known as tree city due to are high quality medical marijuana. I started smoking march of my freshman year and have been ever since but my I don't need weed to get through my day. If I'm kicking it will my boys will probably end up rolling a couple doobs packing the bong etc it's just something we do. I've smoked weed tripped shrooms, acid and done DMT all oh which I'd do again. I feel that you need to know your limits and I know mine. If placed in the write situation I think I I'll try coke

Relax,young blood.

Aiight.. let's see how I can put this. first off i'm 18 and have done shrooms, currently a heavy pot smoker.. done DMT about 2 times. Never have I done molly, meth, acid, or any other hardcore drug but I will probably try molly once or twice.
I can't really speak on the earlier generations or the future ones but to say the least, my generation is F'd.. I'm not just talking drug/alcohol abuse.. i'm also talking mental wise. Yes, drugs and alcohol do alter your state of mind.. but is it for the good or worse and how often is it being used?! Marijuana has become less taboo now a days, and i'm pretty sure everyone can see it. For example, there are a !*+% load of MJ dispensers in a couple states and soon MJ dispensers will be all over the US. This is probably one of the main reasons why people have tried or smoke MJ.. it's easy to find weed and EVERYONE has inhaled MJ once. another factor that's encouraging kids to smoke weed is to become "cool," I guess.. it seems like it is the thing to do and if you haven't tried it; "you're a lame." Also, I don't think a majority of these kids are doing meth, crack, and coke on a daily basis but of course you have the idiotic ones that do. 

To sum up most of our generations mentally, at least to the ones who are actually "about that life," we feel like this is the age where we're supposed to get F'd up.. get high.. do crazy Dr. Evil stunts and speed down an open freeway. Most of us have been 18 and know what it's like to be 18 with a wild group of friends. I'm sure earlier generations have had their partying days but my question is who parties harder, this generation or the earlier ones?! 

The only problem I have with weed is how everyone feels the need to glorify it to make themselves look cool.

Young kids glorify it because they want to be "cool"

Older people in their early 20's are horrible role models. Its one thing to smoke weed but don't brag about it on twitter/facebook/tumblr etc and brainwash the youth. Let them stumble upon weed themselves. Force feeding them this "lifestyle" making them believe that life is all about weed and "YOLO" is %*%+*!% up the future.

Originally Posted by PRIME

The only problem I have with weed is how everyone feels the need to glorify it to make themselves look cool.

Young kids glorify it because they want to be "cool"

Older people in their early 20's are horrible role models. Its one thing to smoke weed but don't brag about it on twitter/facebook/tumblr etc and brainwash the youth. Let them stumble upon weed themselves. Force feeding them this "lifestyle" making them believe that life is all about weed and "YOLO" is %*%+*!% up the future.

Again...step outside of yourself and look at the generation we're in. 
You only see the glorification of it because of EXACTLY what you just said.

twitter/facebook/tumblr

We're in the digital era. Everyone is connected and see's what everyone else is up to. 

If these things existed 50 years ago...would there be a difference? 

The internet age has had a PROFOUND influence on literally everything that we do compared to earlier generations before us. 

Mollys official, did .2 last night actually. Pure mdma has become more available thats why you hardly see e pills anymore, well at least here in Miami. IMO molly isn't that serious, obviously you don't want to be doing that stuff every weekend though. Marijuana is not a drug so no point in bringing that conversation up. I beef is with legal prescribed drugs. Those are the killers and the most abused drugs.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by TNW

Does it lead to success, does it guarantee not failing?
You make it seem like you need it, as if it vitamin c.
doing drugs or not doing drugs has no effect on your future

a screw up will find a way to fail in life with or without the use of drugs

same way a driven person can  be successful in life with or without drugs

you seem like you are extremely sheltered and narrow minded

drug use has been happening throughout history in some form or another

just because you see all of these hoodboogers and teenie boopers braging about drug use online does not make it anymore common than in previous generations

Back
Top Bottom