Drunk at work....

Once attended a symposium in Indianapolis and on my last night I figured I'd head out solo dolo on Broad Ripple.

I had to be in these classes the next day for the symposium but I didn't care because I didn't head out with my actual boss. Just another department head who was a bore and went to bed at 9PM.

Fun was had, got really faded and was out past 4AM with some girls I met.

Had to be dressed and in the lobby by 7:30AM. I was feeling like :x :x :x Cheap drinks on college night will do it to ya.

Luckily I sat by this nice shorty who could tell I wasn't feeling the greatest. She got me water and sprite from the beverage table whenever she got up. I think I drank like 5 of those :nerd:z cans of Sprite and 4 more waters.

By 4PM I was back in my hotel room and promptly passed out for a good 5 hours. By the time I woke up I had to pack my stuff to fly out.

Your attitude needs to be adjusted. If you feel that is okay then you're plain and simple a fool. How dare you say it's okay to subject other people to having to cover for your stupid decisions and put their jobs or even lives at risk.

Most people don't sit at a desk and do nothing. People like myself that work with heavy and dangerous equipment can't have people coming in under the influence of anything. We're not even allowed to be under the influence of medication that makes you drowsy while subject to going to work. 

In my career so far a guy showed up to work and he was immediately fired. It doesn't happen too often anymore because most people know how serious the implications of being under the influence in my line of work is.

Like the one guy said previously, if management catches you drunk on their time you deserve to be fired. Plain and simple. There is a time and a place to get drunk and that time or place is not at work. 

yeah but you are comparing two ends of the spectrum. of course, no smart, responsible worker with heavy/dangerous machinery should go to work under the influence.

but for the most part the people in this thread are just retail or office job.

Last edited:
Your attitude needs to be adjusted. If you feel that is okay then you're plain and simple a fool. How dare you say it's okay to subject other people to having to cover for your stupid decisions and put their jobs or even lives at risk.

Most people don't sit at a desk and do nothing. People like myself that work with heavy and dangerous equipment can't have people coming in under the influence of anything. We're not even allowed to be under the influence of medication that makes you drowsy while subject to going to work. 

In my career so far a guy showed up to work and he was immediately fired. It doesn't happen too often anymore because most people know how serious the implications of being under the influence in my line of work is.

Like the one guy said previously, if management catches you drunk on their time you deserve to be fired. Plain and simple. There is a time and a place to get drunk and that time or place is not at work. 

Calm down bro lol, you need a drink.....Ofcourse if I worked at some dangerous place like that I wouldn't drink like that but i'm at work right now...typing this response from my cubicle.

As a matter of fact, forget coming in drunk/hungover, have any of yall gone out on lunch and knocked back a few? Come back and the rest of the work day flys by...... We do it often lol

yeah but you are comparing two ends of the spectrum. of course, no smart, responsible worker with heavy/dangerous machinery should go to work under the influence.

but for the most part the people in this thread are just retail or office job.
^this

if i'm a roofer, no way in hell i'm gonna get wasted the night before then go on a roof barely able to walk.

haha.... yes.clearly if i worked with heavy machinery i wouldnt drink the night before. dude def needs a drink or 6 in his life.....he's stressin haha.....

....Not one person in this thread said that they work w/ heavy machinery my G. You don't partake in those activities..As you shouldn't. Good for you. That career path isn't for everyone. Some people (like myself) enjoy the cubicle life that they've been offered.
pimp.gif

Last edited:

I read this and almost cried.

My G....

You do realize that clearly none of us are in your line of work. When I use to show up to work drunk I worked at FINISH LINE. What would I do, "Accidentally" beat someone to death with a shoe? Or crush a baby with a size 14 sneaker? It was a minimum wage job and I only worked there for the discount. They could've fired me if they wanted, I would have two-stepped my way out the building chucking deuces with a 40 ounce in my hand.

I can't even begin to describe how big of a clown you are.

This is exactly why coming to work drunk/hangover every now and then is okay..

You really seem as if you need to unwind bruh.

Okay but if you READ. 95 percent of the ppl here work in an office or rretail. Not operating heavy machinery and trains. Get off your high horse dude.

I'm the clown. Okay. 

I'm not the one showing up to my place of employment drunk. 

I don't care if you weed gardens with your bare hands for a living. You don't show up to your place of employment drunk. 

And this high horse aforementioned ... maybe if people matured a little they'd see it's just normal people being responsible. 

I'm the clown. Okay. 

I don't care if you weed gardens with your bare hands for a living. You don't show up to your place of employment drunk. 

And this high horse aforementioned ... maybe if people matured a little they'd see it's just normal people being responsible. 

:lol: get off your high horse, bruh.

a lot of my principals and partners at my firm come to work hungover from time to time. its not a big a deal as long as work gets done

even worked a job in college where the CEO would come to work HIGH AS HELL. dude would sit in his office and watch youtube all day :rofl:

The people of this planet continue to disappoint and show how low they can get. 

Show some responsibility and self control. If you have to work the next day or in cases here, a few hours later, DON'T DRINK.

I don't need some co-worker coming to work tanked and putting my career and life on the line because they're too irresponsible to make the choice to not get drunk or high. 

There is absolutely no excuse.

Shame on any of you who have done this. 

damb :lol:

Originally Posted by GP9Rm7221  

The people of this planet continue to disappoint and show how low they can get. 

Show some responsibility and self control. If you have to work the next day or in cases here, a few hours later, DON'T DRINK.

I don't need some co-worker coming to work tanked and putting my career and life on the line because they're too irresponsible to make the choice to not get drunk or high. 

There is absolutely no excuse.

Shame on any of you who have done this.
People go to work drunk everyday B.

Done this too many times. One time I hit the clubs all night untill work started, came in and threw up blood around lunch. Needless to say that was the last time I ever did that

I'm the clown. Okay. 

your moralist roots are showing

we go out for lunches with my boss and others and we put down some drinks; I go back to the office like :D and work like :pimp:

there was a bdubs on my way to work right in the middle of my route to my old job. i was a cashier and my brother had got off work early and we hit up bdubs for happy hour, we pretty much had every beer on tap and some. i went to work right after, i was gone, i bought a **** ton of candy to cover up my breath. it was a good day that i will never repeat.

Back
Top Bottom