DS OG XIV - midsole is sticky

Interesting. I bought an OG pair when they retroed and just assumed the guy before me put something on them. I took some nail polish remover to them and got most of it off. Its hard to tell if it took any of the original color off, but its much better than them being covered with dirt and hair.

Interesting. I bought an OG pair when they retroed and just assumed the guy before me put something on them. I took some nail polish remover to them and got most of it off. Its hard to tell if it took any of the original color off, but its much better than them being covered with dirt and hair.

Originally Posted by rareair45

All of my OG Jordan XIV also do that. Don't think there is any way to prevent it.
your oxy's are sticky as well?
Mjmvp23 mentioned his are perfectly fine and mine seem to be as well.
i'm curious if it happens more so on certain cw's (ie., the black toes).

Originally Posted by rareair45

All of my OG Jordan XIV also do that. Don't think there is any way to prevent it.
your oxy's are sticky as well?
Mjmvp23 mentioned his are perfectly fine and mine seem to be as well.
i'm curious if it happens more so on certain cw's (ie., the black toes).

This is a pretty common problem, i think its something to do with the paint.

I was talking to an ebay seller once that had a pair of original 14's for sale cheap, but no one was buying them because he said he sanded the midsole.

I asked him why, and he said that the paint gets sticky, and the midsole is white underneath, so you almost cant even tell.

you might be about to unstickify them with a magic eraser? It doesnt hurt to try.

This is a pretty common problem, i think its something to do with the paint.

I was talking to an ebay seller once that had a pair of original 14's for sale cheap, but no one was buying them because he said he sanded the midsole.

I asked him why, and he said that the paint gets sticky, and the midsole is white underneath, so you almost cant even tell.

you might be about to unstickify them with a magic eraser? It doesnt hurt to try.

Since mine have been used since they originally came out, I assumed it was just my problem.
Looks like I'm not the only one.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Wozman23

Bad suggestion with the nail polish, it's highly corrosive.I just use washing detergent dissolved in warm water and use a soft brush to clean it off, comes ip looking tip top and the stickiness is gone, but it slowly becomes sticky again over time.

Originally Posted by Wozman23

Bad suggestion with the nail polish, it's highly corrosive.I just use washing detergent dissolved in warm water and use a soft brush to clean it off, comes ip looking tip top and the stickiness is gone, but it slowly becomes sticky again over time.

Same sticky sides here on OG Black Toes! Thought it was a personal problem, but glad (though unfortunate) there are more sharing the same experience!

Same sticky sides here on OG Black Toes! Thought it was a personal problem, but glad (though unfortunate) there are more sharing the same experience!

you're NOT alone homie,WHITE/Black CW was worse than that,horrible,thats why its my beater and the outer sole is already separated,,,glue is really frustrating

you're NOT alone homie,WHITE/Black CW was worse than that,horrible,thats why its my beater and the outer sole is already separated,,,glue is really frustrating

Just pulled my pair of 1998 OG white/black ones and yes, I have it too. What a waste.

I just tried some degreaser on them which seems to work nicely, but does take off the glitter-@+@ paint. 

If I'd known before I'd sold them a long time ago.

Just pulled my pair of 1998 OG white/black ones and yes, I have it too. What a waste.

I just tried some degreaser on them which seems to work nicely, but does take off the glitter-@+@ paint. 

If I'd known before I'd sold them a long time ago.

My Columbia lows are the same. Tried several cleaning methods and nothing has worked to this point.

My Columbia lows are the same. Tried several cleaning methods and nothing has worked to this point.

Back
Top Bottom