DS OG XIV - midsole is sticky

i wear my og candycanes and have the same thing. it's not hard to clean, so no drama.

i wear my og candycanes and have the same thing. it's not hard to clean, so no drama.

I wonder if it has somthing to do with the lead paint that got the children sizes recalled ?
nerd.gif

The OG XIV are known for the horrendous shark tooth midsole. The paint and glue are garbage. I had the white/black and white/red and both fell apart very quickly. The retros are way better in that regard. That's why I'm excited for the last shots, Leather is on point and the midsoles will hold up over time.

The OG XIV are known for the horrendous shark tooth midsole. The paint and glue are garbage. I had the white/black and white/red and both fell apart very quickly. The retros are way better in that regard. That's why I'm excited for the last shots, Leather is on point and the midsoles will hold up over time.

Mine became sticky as well on all my OG XIV models, which were all DS. It must something about the paint, or whatever that stuff is. There's no damage to the shoes, so I never really worried about it.

Mine became sticky as well on all my OG XIV models, which were all DS. It must something about the paint, or whatever that stuff is. There's no damage to the shoes, so I never really worried about it.

I have 2 pairs, my black toes are sticky, but my white/reds are not....

I used some oxy-sport from finishline and it seemed to work pretty well, just took a bit of scrubbing as well.

I have 2 pairs, my black toes are sticky, but my white/reds are not....

I used some oxy-sport from finishline and it seemed to work pretty well, just took a bit of scrubbing as well.

I wiped mine off with the shoe cleaner spray and a magic eraser a few years ago....it seemed to do the trick....

Back
Top Bottom