DS OG XIV - midsole is sticky

I wiped mine off with the shoe cleaner spray and a magic eraser a few years ago....it seemed to do the trick....

My indiglo's have this problem too.

Been thinking of spraying the midsole area that get sticky with clear gloss spray paint.

Anyone ever try this? Inputs?

My indiglo's have this problem too.

Been thinking of spraying the midsole area that get sticky with clear gloss spray paint.

Anyone ever try this? Inputs?

Only on the left shoe?
How come?
I had the og 14 in white/black varsity red too
And the glossy midsole paint was very sticky
From the beginning and also smelled very strong.
In this case the 2004 retro was better, as the dust
and hairs did not get absorbed like on the ogs.

Only on the left shoe?
How come?
I had the og 14 in white/black varsity red too
And the glossy midsole paint was very sticky
From the beginning and also smelled very strong.
In this case the 2004 retro was better, as the dust
and hairs did not get absorbed like on the ogs.

I took the paint off of mine, had no choice, if i rock em, they'll end up nasty with all kinds of crap stuck to it. I doesnt look bad with the paint off, being as its white anyways, but I might repaint them with the pearl paint it came with. Not sure if it'll stick though. 

I took the paint off of mine, had no choice, if i rock em, they'll end up nasty with all kinds of crap stuck to it. I doesnt look bad with the paint off, being as its white anyways, but I might repaint them with the pearl paint it came with. Not sure if it'll stick though. 

If the paint still looks good just put a coat of Angelus finisher gloss. It will give it a nice dry finish. If the paint looks bad you need to take off and repaint.

If the paint still looks good just put a coat of Angelus finisher gloss. It will give it a nice dry finish. If the paint looks bad you need to take off and repaint.

There really isnt a reason to complain about this IMO, unless people are touching your shoes while you walk?

There really isnt a reason to complain about this IMO, unless people are touching your shoes while you walk?

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

It really does suck tho. My OG pair with this issue picks up hair, dirt, everything when it comes into contact of carpet. Im gonna strip the pearl paint down to avoid it.

It really does suck tho. My OG pair with this issue picks up hair, dirt, everything when it comes into contact of carpet. Im gonna strip the pearl paint down to avoid it.

But you have to always be cautious about where you are walking, to avoid dust, dirt, grass etc... 

But you have to always be cautious about where you are walking, to avoid dust, dirt, grass etc... 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Agreed it would suck to walk around making a mess at home at my house it would suck we have carpet 
laugh.gif

Agreed it would suck to walk around making a mess at home at my house it would suck we have carpet 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Antonito90

laugh.gif

I understand all the complaints. This issue occurred on my OG XIV Carolina PE's but not my OG Indiglos. Weird!

Originally Posted by Antonito90

laugh.gif

I understand all the complaints. This issue occurred on my OG XIV Carolina PE's but not my OG Indiglos. Weird!

Back
Top Bottom