DS OG XIV - midsole is sticky

Oxidized green have been worn a bunch of time no problems. Will have to check to see if there sticky havent worn them for like two years....

Oxidized green have been worn a bunch of time no problems. Will have to check to see if there sticky havent worn them for like two years....

My Indigos are sticky like that on the left midsole only and the crazy thing is I just noticed it a few weeks ago when I wore them to get the Cement 4's.

My Indigos are sticky like that on the left midsole only and the crazy thing is I just noticed it a few weeks ago when I wore them to get the Cement 4's.

This problem primarily occurs on the White black red (like the OP's) shoes.  I have had this problem on numerous white black reds but never on any other colorway . . In my opinion and experience The problem isn't the material,  but I believe the final finish was never put on the midsole.  What you see is the "glitter" underneath and is very sticky. It will pick up everything under the sun and gets really annoying. If you  have not worn them yet and they are still clean, you can put some clear coat nailpolish on it and it will get rid of the problem although it isn't perfect.  If you did get it dirty and stuff is stuck on it, clean it off and pick a pearl colored nail polish or just use clear coat.   

This problem primarily occurs on the White black red (like the OP's) shoes.  I have had this problem on numerous white black reds but never on any other colorway . . In my opinion and experience The problem isn't the material,  but I believe the final finish was never put on the midsole.  What you see is the "glitter" underneath and is very sticky. It will pick up everything under the sun and gets really annoying. If you  have not worn them yet and they are still clean, you can put some clear coat nailpolish on it and it will get rid of the problem although it isn't perfect.  If you did get it dirty and stuff is stuck on it, clean it off and pick a pearl colored nail polish or just use clear coat.   

The polyurethane teeth turns to goo over time, my OG white/blacks are also slowing dissolving as well.  Sell you Js or wear them, they all will turn to dust or goo one day.  

The polyurethane teeth turns to goo over time, my OG white/blacks are also slowing dissolving as well.  Sell you Js or wear them, they all will turn to dust or goo one day.  

Happened on my OG's too.

I hated it. So I sold them.

I did like the ventilator pocket by the midsole though. I miss that part.

Happened on my OG's too.

I hated it. So I sold them.

I did like the ventilator pocket by the midsole though. I miss that part.

All the OG XIV's will do this over time. This is most likely why the retros did not use the same paint.

All the OG XIV's will do this over time. This is most likely why the retros did not use the same paint.

i'd prefer this than paint chipping and peeling. it's heaps easier to wipe them down every few months than repaint them. you'll hear no complaints from me. <3 my og white/reds. probably the best fitted shoe i own.

i'd prefer this than paint chipping and peeling. it's heaps easier to wipe them down every few months than repaint them. you'll hear no complaints from me. <3 my og white/reds. probably the best fitted shoe i own.

Back
Top Bottom