DUCK DYNASTY on A&E

What is the point of freedom of speech when you can suffer due to your beliefs and opinion. This aint supposed to be Iraq.

You're confusing the creation of "freedom of speech" with the" freedom to not be held liable".  Big difference.

He just says what he remember experiencing with his black co- workers.

You missed the dog whistle part of his statement champ, let me help you out and enlarge it for you.........

"We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Yup, that's the clear shot that people are missing.

How'd they get rich? Watched it a few times and I can see how you end of watching those lil marathons but def didn't know they were the highest rated reality show.

How'd they get rich? Watched it a few times and I can see how you end of watching those lil marathons but def didn't know they were the highest rated reality show.

Theys alot of rednecks. ALOT.

i see sumone wearing real tree camo everyday

I read somewhere that this was the highest rated reality tv show in history??

I gave it a try...

no way this is reality tv :lol:

so scripted :smh:

Yep they said damn near 12 million people watched their season 4 premiere in March that was more than the breaking bad finale

If you watch any "reality" TV today it's all at least semi scripted

I don't see AE doing much tho prolly gonna be just like the Dog situation, act like they care for a few months then put him back on the show

People should really stop saying that his freedom of speech is being encroached upon.

He exercised his freedom of speech perfectly when he made his statements and now he's dealing with the consequences.

Typically I would say that he shouldn't lose his job over his awful views, but I don't like any of those Duck Dynasty guys so I'm fine with seeing less of them on television.

People should really stop saying that his freedom of speech is being encroached upon.

He exercised his freedom of speech perfectly when he made his statements and now he's dealing with the consequences.

Typically I would say that he shouldn't lose his job over his awful views, but I don't like any of those Duck Dynasty guys so I'm fine with seeing less of them on television.
Adding to this, if the general public wasn't allowed to rebuke Phil Robertson's statements their free speech would be suppressed.

The First Amendment protects you from the government, not private corporations.

What do you expect?all of these reality shows aren't really reality and the majority of them should never be on television.

I don't watch it and don't plan on doing so.Living my own life is enough reality for me.

Sad, you hear the talking heads on Fox noise beating the 'free speech' drum, classic case of know your audience

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad, you hear the talking heads on Fox noise beating the 'free speech' drum, classic case of know your audience

...but if it was someone saying something that didn't fall in line with their own views they wouldn't even cover it.

I'm not afraid to admit that I like a couple of the Fox contributors, but as a whole that network is a giant exercise in hypocrisy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Robertson
Degrees and first jobs

After receiving his bachelor's degree
 in physical education
 and a master's
 in education
, Robertson spent several years teaching. He said while his students claim he was an excellent teacher, spending time in a classroom brought him to the conclusion that his time and talents would be better spent in the woods.[SUP][10]
[/SUP]

Degrees in phys ed. and education? Clearly he's intelligent :rolleyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Robertson
Degrees and first jobs

After receiving his bachelor's degree
 in physical education
 and a master's
 in education
, Robertson spent several years teaching. He said while his students claim he was an excellent teacher, spending time in a classroom brought him to the conclusion that his time and talents would be better spent in the woods.[SUP][10]
[/SUP]

Degrees in phys ed. and education? Clearly he's intelligent :rolleyes
:smh:

Why the head shake? There are smart people in every major including those two, but a good number of illiterate people make it into college and only graduate cause they pursued majors like phys ed, comm, education, (insert ethnicity here) studies, etc.. So to say that this redneck is intelligent because he has two easy to attain degrees doesn't make sense

iil·lit·er·ate
1.a person who is unable to read or write.

To say a person with a Masters is illiterate is just plain stupid and shows your ignorance.

Not understanding that it's an exaggeration is stupid. Your standards for intelligence must be pretty low if all it takes to be intelligent is to read or write. Keep drawing attention away from the main topic though :pimp:

Last edited:
I doubt you can be illiterate and have a degree in education. Unless the masters program curriculum depended on all pictures. Illiterate isn't the right word to use here.

By all reports the Duck Dynasty guys are all intelligent and super smart. They play redneck characters for the sake of the show.

Dude thought his "character" and fame would shield him from his ignorant comments, but he was dead wrong. Plain and Simple

-All you dudes claiming "1st Amendment" don't know what you're talking about. That's not how it works

More "before" pics. Dudes are trolling for even more millions

View media item 703387
View media item 703388

Last edited:
By all reports the Duck Dynasty guys are all intelligent and super smart. They play redneck characters for the shake of the show.

Dude thought his "character" and fame would shield him from his ignorant comments, but he was dead wrong. Plain and Simple

-All you dudes claiming "1st Amendment" don't know what you're talking about. That's not how it works

View media item 703387
View media item 703388

These guys were wealthy prior to the tv show. most have degrees and duck and buck commander are family owned and started businesses. These dudes wont be hurting after this show. And like 3 of them are pastors with their own churches.

Not surprised by his statements. I don't put anything past older Southern white people. Nothing shocks me.

Corporations are funny though . . . they want to profit off of Southern redneck characters that they portray and then are shocked when he says something and has the belief system of a 60+ year old white Southern redneck. Reminds me of the Reebok/Ross situation . . . sign a rapper > gets mad when a rapper does something rapper-like

He has a right to feel that way though, as does A&E have a right to fire him. They would be dumb as hell to cancel their cash crop over this though. They have to weigh what's more important, the millions of people that watch this show or being politically correct and not stepping on the toes of the gay community . . . I don't know their demographics, they might rely on that gay demographic and would be better off canceling DD and debuting Squirrel Squad or Raccoon Regime or some **** this fall lol. I doubt it though.

Duck Dynasty the show itself is overrated . . . as far as semi-fake reality shows about country ******, I'll take Lizard Lick Towing over DD . . . plus Ron and Bobby seem like genuinely cool tolerant dudes . . . then again, what we see is scripted so who knows lol. Repo shows in general are funny/interesting as hell lol

By all reports the Duck Dynasty guys are all intelligent and super smart. They play redneck characters for the shake of the show.

hahaha like some reverse Malibu's Most Wanted ****

I was just about to say, it would be hilarious as hell if these dudes were really from like the hills of California

I wasn't initially offended by his comments but I just read what he actually said, this dude really said blacks were happy and singing in the fields before the Civil Rights era . . .

How did that slip by . . . the news is focusing on the gay thing and just felt that the "******* were fine before they got uppity" statement was cool  . . .
laugh.gif

Hope DD falls off now that the main appeal of the show (the family charm) is starting to unravel and Lizard Lick creeps up from behind it and takes its place

Just not my type of comedy I guess.

What's lost in all of this is how many people there are that agree with what he said. I have conversations and know people personally who feel that Black people had it tough, but not "that bad". For instance if anyone ever says the holocaust was worse than slavery, slap them in the face.

It's the opposite of white guilt, its' white denial.

For instance if anyone ever says the holocaust was worse than slavery, slap them in the face.
Now hol' up . . .

Slavery definitely had a worse overall lasting effect . . . but as far as straight up which one would I rather experience if I was forced to have to choose one . . . I would pick slavery bruh . . . they did some cruel and unusual **** in the holocaust . . .

Now hol' up . . .​

Slavery definitely had a worse overall lasting effect . . . but as far as straight up which one would I rather experience if I was forced to have to choose one . . . I would pick slavery bruh . . . they did some cruel and unusual **** in the holocaust . . .​

nah, I would have rather been murked on site than to have to live and die as a slave.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom