dude loses over 300k on a poker hand..pretty sick (this for poker fans)

in that case, full house > flush right?

and i play enough to know when to bet, i just barely started playing regularly with family tho.

JK suited under the gun at a full table is a call, not a raise...JK is not even that good of a hand to raise with even in later position

eek.gif
smh.gif
good thing i only play 1/2
laugh.gif

i would be
mad.gif
if that +$#$ happened to me. haha gus ftw

Originally Posted by MECKS

in that case, full house > flush right?

and i play enough to know when to bet, i just barely started playing regularly with family tho.

yessir.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

omg your late.
serious? i searched the forums and didnt find this video.im not on NT as much as you maybe so i wouldnt know.send me the link to the other one.

anyway...

I remember I had AK suited,and there was a raise by a loose aggressive guy, a lot of people call.
I shove all in $500, I get called by 9,2 of hearts.
The board goes K,K with one heart.
and then...Runner runner hearts!!!
The runner runner wasn't a big deal, it's the fact that he called such a big bet with 9,2!
You're late because this was like two and a half years ago.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how you play kj suited preflop depends on a lot of things

position
how many people have acted before and how many are left to act
table dynamic
table stacks
players perception of yourself
other players state of mind
the type of players you are going up against

Yeah Farha's first hand at that main event was insane. Oliver Hudson thought he was GOLDEN!! I would too.

Originally Posted by the north west

position
table dynamic
table stacks
as does every hand your dealt
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by the north west

position
table dynamic
table stacks
laugh.gif

hahahahaha true.

That being said, david did mention that he was UTG. I'm not a great player by any means (hell, i'm not even good) but I gotta agree that this is apoor position to be raising with that hand. I would call.

Cooler... No one in Negranu's position would fold that hand. EVER.

To the dude that asked how you play KJ suited... It's either a call or fold, but def. not a raise. I only say call if you're good at post flop play,otherwise it's a fold 80% of the time. Atleast it is for me.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Kingtre wrote:

the north west wrote:

position

table dynamic

table stacks

laugh.gif

hahahahaha true.

That being said, david did mention that he was UTG. I'm not a great player by any means (hell, i'm not even good) but I gotta agree that this is a
poor position to be raising with that hand. I would call.

Calling UTG with KJ in a full ring game is ******ed spew no matter who you are. There are basically 0 occasions where that would be an optimal play, both froma single hand perspective and a meta perspective.

I can see some unusual dynamics where you could take a raise/fold approach from 10/90 to 90/10 if you've got a huge skill advantage and/or are abusing aparticular bubble, but in 95% of games KJ utg is a snap fold without even activating your brain.

Also, nosebleeds play so many mental levels higher than low stakes games that it's useless to even try to wrap your mind around the metagame that'sgoing on there.

Even playing midstakes, like $200-$300 HUSNGs, I do so much #!%! that doesn't even compute at a lowstakes level, and I've played against some nosebleedplayers (in touranments and such) and the dynamics just don't make sense if you don't understand what level you're on. In some cases, stacking offon a 5-bet shove with 86s out of position preflop, 4bet shoving 9 high on an AK5 flop, etc. is so super standard that you don't even think twice about it.

I remember a year or so ago I was playing against AEJones or someone of that caliber in a fun midstakes HUSNG touranment. We were in like our 6th or 7th gameof the match, and I had been 3betting ridiculously light, like 30-33% of the time, and he had responded by 4betting me really light, and we got to the pointwhere I was 5b shoving QJs for value like 120bb eff.

haha wow

didn't even read the part where dude said under the gun preflop

under the gun is auto fold pretty much all the time

KJ utg is easy fold, unless your 6handed
smile.gif
... limping your AA/KK is never good...

Either real or false thought this was a pretty interesting read (poker realated)...

From http://www.pokerlistings.com/blog/wsop/2009/the-cristal-balla

Hang around Vegas a while and you'll hear many tales of luxurious excess, though few can rival this Phil Ivey anecdote we heard moments ago.

Allegedly a group of businessmen were enjoying dinner at the Wynn when they looked over at one of the nearby tables to see none other than Phil Ivey.

Big fans of the poker superstar, they summoned the waiter and asked him to send Ivey a bottle of Cristal champagne, compliments of their table.

Happy with their deed, they went back to tucking into their top-class steaks.

Twenty minutes later, the waiter came back...armed with five bottles of Cristal!

"These are for you, courtesy of Mr. Ivey."

The businessmen were impressed. These bottles were selling at four or five hundred bucks a pop so $2.5k's worth of top class champagne was a very generousgesture.

They felt like they still wanted to send a message to Ivey that they were big fans of his though and took the waiter aside for a word.

"Would you have twenty bottles of Cristal delivered to Mr Ivey please?"

The waiter raised his eyebrows just a notch but took the order, made arrangements and twenty bottles of Cristal were sent over to the poker legend.

The businessmen were satisfied that their point had been made and went back to talking about stocks, shares and of course cracking open a few of the fivebottles of champagne stocking their table.

Some time later, they noticed a group of staff approaching their table.

They watched with ever increasing disbelief as bottle after bottle after bottle of Cristal was unloaded until their table and surrounding area were filled withno less than 200 bottles of the vintage champagne - retailing at approximately $100k!

When the delivery had been made the waiter passed the awestruck businessmen a note.

"This is from Mr Ivey sirs."

As the waiter walked away they all crowded round to read the note.

It simply said, "...and I won't stop."

That's why Phil Ivey is the Cristal Balla!

Back
Top Bottom