Dummy politicians PASSED congestion pricing in NYC &TRUMP is blocking it yay!

This is one political issue where we're comrades. I hate these pricing scheme with a passion. I dislike all schemes that assume that commuting is some whimsical lifestyle choice. Wages in the Western World are stagnant, housing in cities is absurdly expensive so people live where housing is relatively cheap, the suburbs or neighborhoods in the city that are far from the central business districts and they drive to where the relatively decent paying jobs are located, in neighborhoods that those workers cannot afford to live in.

Governments should build better mass transit and address the causes of unaffordable housing. Punishing moderate and low income workers for driving to work is a sick joke.

The tax that is collected now is enough. But there is so much corruption with the MTA. They had a damn surplus not too long ago and that disappeared with no explanation how.

If the MTA was ran correctly, there would be no issue.

With the congestion pricing you are forcing people to take a transit system that has problems handling the amount of people it has now. You cant expand the subway system, what we have now is what it is.

You really want to cut traffic in Manhattan? Get rid of the bike lanes and open up the streets. The cyclists for the majority, DO NOT use the lanes they have. Also CUT THE AMOUNT OF UBERS AND TAXIS. If I had to give it a percentage on it, during the day 60 percent of the cars you see on the road are TLC plates. Its insane.

Meanwhile the local Manhattan politicians who are championing for this travel in big Suburban SUV’s. But its ok for them, their drivers turn on the sirens and get the car moving.

**** them, **** this city. Im thinking hard of selling my apartment and look for a job elsewhere. Im tired of being taxed to death and the money is never enough.

AMEN....dudes unrolled massive amount of bus only lanes & bike lanes, to "calm traffic" bit talking out da other side of their mouth about too much congestion... :smh:

Did it here too. Every damn road has a bike lane now and got rid of all the car lanes then they wonder why traffic sucks.

Last I checked we were paying taxes for the roads. Not bikers.

I moved to Staten Island when I was in high school and I’m still here so I’m constantly crossing the Verrazano to get to Brooklyn and Manhattan. This congestion pricing would be a joke. They’re already putting the bridge toll to $19. Adding another $10-15 on that if I’m going to a certain part is disgusting. NYC government is so greedy it makes me sick. If I ever find a good career outside of NY I’m out in a heartbeat.

Honestly who on NT cares about this other than people who live in bum *** nyc

Worst big city in the world
Word place has gotten so wack. 6k a month to live near a chipotle and a chase branch. 0 culture here, only people who think nyc is worth anything are cornballs. Everyone else trying to get paid and get out.

I moved to Staten Island when I was in high school and I’m still here so I’m constantly crossing the Verrazano to get to Brooklyn and Manhattan. This congestion pricing would be a joke. They’re already putting the bridge toll to $19. Adding another $10-15 on that if I’m going to a certain part is disgusting. NYC government is so greedy it makes me sick. If I ever find a good career outside of NY I’m out in a heartbeat.

i got a chick that lives over there I deal with and she says Staten Island residences only pay $5 to cross bridge, non resident folks pay more supposedly.

The tax that is collected now is enough. But there is so much corruption with the MTA. They had a damn surplus not too long ago and that disappeared with no explanation how.

If the MTA was ran correctly, there would be no issue.

With the congestion pricing you are forcing people to take a transit system that has problems handling the amount of people it has now. You cant expand the subway system, what we have now is what it is.

You really want to cut traffic in Manhattan? Get rid of the bike lanes and open up the streets. The cyclists for the majority, DO NOT use the lanes they have. Also CUT THE AMOUNT OF UBERS AND TAXIS. If I had to give it a percentage on it, during the day 60 percent of the cars you see on the road are TLC plates. Its insane.

Meanwhile the local Manhattan politicians who are championing for this travel in big Suburban SUV’s. But its ok for them, their drivers turn on the sirens and get the car moving.

**** them, **** this city. Im thinking hard of selling my apartment and look for a job elsewhere. Im tired of being taxed to death and the money is never enough.

lol bruh... you buggin... taxes arent enough to cover the bare minimum...

What details do you need? They are extorting you for having a car and going to work.

-carve outs whether people who already pass over a bridge/tunnel Toll will vet double tolled.

-hardship exemptions for folks making under a certain threshold

-exemptions for folks who live within da congestion zone

-actual price and whether its gonna be a 24/7 toll or is it gonna be a monday-friday and be off during da evening...

yo, find out who represents your district, and who voted yes on it, and kick em outta office.

Yeah I guess, I’d be heated either way.

They act like people are just casually cruising through horrible traffic for the fun of it.

Yeah I guess, I’d be heated either way.

They act like people are just casually cruising through horrible traffic for the fun of it.

hopefully that reclaim New York group will put much-needed heat under their asses of folks that ok'ed this debacle.

Back
Top Bottom