Dwyane Wade continues to play through pain, Refuses To Be Shut Down.. UPDATE: Wade done for season

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2008/03/09/a3b_heatnotes_0309.html

By CHRIS PERKINS

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, March 09, 2008

ATLANTA - Dwyane Wade could barely get out of bed Friday following his afternoon nap. It was his aching left knee again, the one that was surgically repaired in May.

Wade, who is playing in pain, missed Friday night's game against Golden State. But he played Saturday at Atlanta.

Why Wade, the future of the franchise, continues to play in relatively meaningless games is a mystery to many Heat followers. They wonder why Wade doesn't simply shut it down.

"We're moving in that direction," coach Pat Riley said Saturday.

But the Heat is also short-handed. Forward Udonis Haslem (sprained left ankle) and center Earl Barron (knee) each missed the Atlanta game.

And in the second quarter, guard Marcus Banks went out with a right hamstring injury and didn't return. His status for Monday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers is uncertain.

Miami started the regularly scheduled game against Atlanta with 10 players in uniform, but only after recalling guard Daequan Cook and center Joel Anthony sooner than expected from the Iowa Energy of the NBA's Developmental League. They only played three games with the Energy.

"I wish it was five, 10, 12 games," Riley said of Cook. "I wish I would have done it earlier in the season. I think it would have helped him. But we need him now and he's going to play a lot now for us."

Wade, known for his acrobatic assaults on the rim, said when he makes explosive moves toward the basket, it often results in pain for the rest of the game that sometimes lingers into the next day.

He had such an event at Sacramento a week ago Sunday when he tried to dunk on Kings center Mikki Moore.

"I knew for the second half it was going to be stiff and sore," Wade said.

And it was. Still, Wade, for now, insists on playing. He refuses to ask to be shut down.

"Whatever decision we make we make it as an organization," he said, "and we go on from there."

why's he still playing in a meaningless season for the Heat? Dude should be sitting out like J.O is to heal up... plus he's got the Olympics coming upthis summer
smh.gif

edit: looks like he's done for the season

with him out, they wont win many games so it will only help him in the long run. he should think that his team will get a better player in the draft but if heplays they could possibly win a couple of games. why risk a career over pointless games?

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude tryin' to gain rep points for playing through pain, in a meaningless season...
eyes.gif

D-Whistle is far from any sort of warrior. He's a whining, complaining %%++%.

^ Never miss a chance to come to Wade's rescue, huh?

You and WILLINC.

Pusha got it right, he's tryin' to change his image.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

You and WILLINC.

Pusha got it right, he's tryin' to change his image.
Doesn't matter, he's still a top player in the NBA.

I know we gone through hard times this season, but I think its best for him to sit out the rest of the year and get back in shape.

Yeah, he sure is a top player in the NBA....

in turnovers. 4.4 per game. That gives the other team an opportunity to score 8-10 points off of his mistakes alone. Yikes.

Not to be hating, but I share the same sentiments as BullRepeat. They are a lottery bound team this season with no way getting to the playoffs whatsoever...the season is OVER for them. He should at least rest his injury and start recovering for next season. What he's doing now (playing through pain) ismeaningless. I think he's overdoing it.

Props to him for at least giving his all. Sitting out like JO isn't always worthwhile as you'll notice that JO has been out for like 3 years with thesame injuries. But why Wade can't shake this knee injury should give one pause. Wade is a little young to have a knee that won't heal even afterhaving surgery on it already.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

*Posting for Chester McFloppy*
alien.gif
df8257dede664a0980f32a4208ef7ca3b8bc18b.gif
a21252ae046a2aca8c83b8cef132cc837ed76ea.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

e60261117702fd8285bc13ee122b029543f4699b.gif

YOU FAIL.
smh.gif

Doesn't matter, he's still a top player in the NBA.

I know we gone through hard times this season, but I think its best for him to sit out the rest of the year and get back in shape.
indifferent.gif

Get off dudes jock, son. Face it, his career isn't going to be the same.

The hell is he doing?

By playing, they may win more games, fall out of contention for worst record, may not get 1st pick (Seattle and Minny are right there) and he risks his health.

By sitting out, he gets needed rest, Heat lose, can get Beasley in the draft.

It's really not that tough of a decision.

He still ({})

Hopefully this doesn't have any long term effect on his health.....

I mean really.....What player is going to willingly get shut down for the season???? Pride won't allow it....

He really should shut it down. No point in getting hurt for nothing. I wish him the best though.

Riley is known for over-working his players. This the same coach that ran Tim Hardaway's knee into the ground, the same coach that made Alonzo Mourningplay 40 minutes his first game back...from kidney transplant surgery, so this is no surprise.

I feel sorry for D Wade, but that's how he came into the league, fall down 7 times, get up 8.

But the real culprit are those D Wade shoes. Have you tried them on they feel like bricks! If Wade had some Zoom BB's I bet he wouldn't have kneeproblems.

Breaking NewsWade out for season
Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade will miss the remainder of the season because of injuries, the team said Monday.
Story

Originally Posted by franchise3

Breaking NewsWade out for season
Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade will miss the remainder of the season because of injuries, the team said Monday.
Story

if its true. its about time.

Edit....

Procedure to sideline Wade for rest of season
ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 10, 2008, 12:02 PM ET

Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade will undergo a procedure on his left knee and is expected to miss the rest of the regular season, according to published reports.

"I think it's time. We've been walking around on eggshells with this thing," Heat coach Pat Riley told reporters."This treatment will help him."

Wade will undergo a stimulation treatment on Tuesday, according to the Miami Herald.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel said the procedure would keep Wade off the court for 30 days. Miami's season ends April16.

Wade missed Friday's game against the Golden State Warriors after publicly discussing his sore knee. Wade managed to play against the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday, but asked Riley to limithis minutes, according to the Herald.

Heading into Monday's game against the LosAngeles Clippers, the Heat are an NBA-worst 11-51 this season.

You and WILLINC.
Nah, I just tell it like it is, unlike some of you

anyway, its about time they made him shut it down,
pimp.gif

This is great news, no need for him to continue to play

About damn time.
smh.gif

You my dude and all Wade, but you should've BEEN sat out.

Back
Top Bottom