Dwyane Wade continues to play through pain, Refuses To Be Shut Down.. UPDATE: Wade done for season

Originally Posted by WILLINC

^ Never miss a chance to come to Wade's rescue, huh?

You and WILLINC.
Nah, I just tell it like it is, unlike some of you kobe/lakers riders

anyway, its about time they made him shut it down,
pimp.gif

This is great news, no need for him to continue to play

Props dude. Its tough telling it like it is.

Yeah, unfortunately, it was about time he shut it down. Might as well get healthy, while giving his team a better chance at the number one. Thats the best wayhe could help the team at this point.

Great, had him in like three fantasy leagues, he can do no right as far as I'm concerned
laugh.gif
. I wish him the best of luck as far as recovering isconcerned, but I'm never drafting dude again!
laugh.gif

YES!! I love seeing D.Dub on the floor but not through injuries and def not in a meaningless season. Matter of fact, I really hope he sits out of theolympics.

When I saw this news on espnews it felt like running outside an yell " GGOOOOOAAAALLLLL" lol JP but man this is great news!

Originally Posted by WILLINC

^ Never miss a chance to come to Wade's rescue, huh?

You and WILLINC.
Nah, I just tell it like it is, unlike some of you kobe/lakers riders

anyway, its about time they made him shut it down,
pimp.gif

This is great news, no need for him to continue to play

tired.gif
Somebody always has to bring up laker fans.

From a heat fan I actually respect I expected more from you.

Wow, crazy news, though the smartest thing for Wade's long-term career (not to mention for the Heat's chances of getting the #1 pick, i.e. MichaelBeasley, in the draft).

Funny how some on here are talking about how Wade is soft, isn't a warrior, etc. Call me crazy, but I'd rather take Pat Riley's opinion on aplayer than a random cat on an internet message board, who just may happen to be from New York (I love NYC, great city, but let's be real: not a lot ofsports love between MIA & NYC). Some words from Riley and Wade regarding his injury:

He said he might be able to return for the last couple of regular-season games before the playoffs start April 21. Even if he does come back, he's still expected to have surgery after the season, with the recovery time estimated at four to six months.

Riley said the organization didn't try to influence Wade's decision.

"He's a warrior. He's a soldier. And these are his guys,"

Riley said. "The doctors are world-renowned, and they said he can go forward this way. This is what you do when you're a defending champion. He has made the decision to try to rehab it and hopefully help the team, and he should be admired for that."

"If I had a crystal ball and I knew we'd be swept by Chicago, I would have done it [shut Wade down at midseason a year ago]. But that's not what a warrior does, that's not what a champion does. So he chose not to have the surgery [immediately] and tried to rehab it and come back and repeat, and we didn't repeat," Riley said.
Guard Dwyane Wade said one of the reasons he wants to play out the rest of the season and not miss games is because he missed basketball too much when he was recovering from offseason knee and shoulder surgeries last summer.

''Any chance I have to get out on the court, I'm happy,'' Wade said. ``Even though we're losing, I still enjoy suiting up. It's never been my personality to quit or give up.'' Wade has stayed healthy this year and continues to play at a high level. Despite recent comments by Pat Riley that Wade may be shut down at some point, it sounds like he could play out the rest of the season instead. In addition, Pat Riley has said he might miss a game or two in order to scout some college games, as the Heat are assured of having a lot of ping pong balls in the hopper on lottery day.

Let's be real here. Wade has been pretty bad this season, at least by the lofty precedent he set for himself thelast few years. But for people to be saying he's ({}), or that his career isn't going to be the same, is a bit premature and spiteful if nothing else. Jumping on the soapbox this season to scream out, "YOU SEE! I BEEN SAYIN' FOR YEARS WADE IS A %$&*@! CALBERT CHEANEY > WHISTLE!" iseasy to do, but it's also a bit self-serving and, well, babyish.

Nobody wants to recognize that last season, rather than look out for himself and not come back, Wade opted to rehab and try to defend the 'chip with histeammates. Ya'll stay killing him for that, just like for the wheelchair (which I won't even get into right now), T-Mobile commercials, and anythingelse you can think of. Yet by way of comparison and offering a different perspective, why is nobody jumping on other players, like say Yao, for choosing toshut it down and have surgery so he can play in the Olympics while his team is in the midst of a heated playoff hunt? Everyone's entitled to an opinion,but let's root those opinions in some sort of even-handedness. When you all kill a guy for things like waiting to have surgery, then kill him for comingback less than 100%, then kill him for shutting it down when his team is dead last in the league, it reeks of espousing a particular preconceived notion of theguy as opposed to anything closely resembling a credible opinion based on reason.

But for people to be saying he's ({}), or that his career isn't going to be the same, is a bit premature and spiteful if nothing else. Jumping on the soapbox this season to scream out, "YOU SEE! I BEEN SAYIN' FOR YEARS WADE IS A %$&*@! CALBERT CHEANEY > WHISTLE!" is easy to do, but it's also a bit self-serving and, well, babyish.

they're just haters..... it seems like the "cool" thing to do on NT these days is to hate "D Whistle"
tired.gif

I mean you'd think he's a scrub just listening to some of these NT'ers if you didn't know about the NBA...

I originally criticized him playing while injured. But after reading what he said about playing because he was just missing being on the court, I can relate.

Well this shuts the door on Minnesota getting the best % points at the first pick
tired.gif

Miami can't win with Wade, that ships going to sink w/o him.

Sorry to see him sit, but it's the right thing to do.

As for why everyone hates dude, it's easy to understand. Anybody who watched the finals and saw the trips to the line are going to take that and run withit. Follow it up with the wheelchair thing and that just puts fuel on the fire. And although there are 4 or 5 Heat fans in this very thread representing, twoyears ago there were TONS of Wade riders with their taunts and
roll.gif
abouthow great the Heat were and all this other stuff. Now that they are back in the dumps, they all gone. (minus the aforementioned 4 or 5) So please Heat/Wadefans, don't be so sensitive when everyone starts bringing the clowning back your way. If the Heat don't win that series with 97 free throws, nobodygives a damn about Wade and nobody talks trash like they do. You take the bad with the good. At least you got the chip.
smile.gif

Am I a hater becuase I called him ({})....

I still think he's a good player....

I still have that image of him going off the court w/ a dislocated shoulder.....in a wheelchair.....

IDK that he was crying or whatever (not really sure if he even was)

But he went off in a wheelchair for a shoulder injury.....

smh.gif
smh.gif

I take what coaches say with a grain of salt if they're talking about their own players. Of course Pat isn't going to say he's done, he's notgoing to have a solid career, he needs to hang it up. I'm not trying to refute what eagleball said and maybe its because I'm not fond of Wade but Ijust don't always take coaches/gms too seriously when they talk about their own. Compare Pats comments to Shaq earlier in the season and where they arenow. I don't think shutting down Wade will do too much to their team, I still expect the same. Lets also remember, just because your the worst teamdoesn't mean you're getting that #1.

To finish my statement, its sad to see the Heat play now, who's left from that 06 Finals team currently healthy, J. Will and Haslem? Jones gone, wade out,shaq gone, antoine gone, posey gone, kapono gone, just doesn't even fel like the heat anymore.

Somebody always has to bring up laker fans.

From a heat fan I actually respect I expected more from you.
You know what your right.

I made that comment because If im not mistaken that guy was a laker fan, but I will leave the Lakers and Kobe riders out of this.

and eagleball always bringing the heat,
laugh.gif

Although Cyprus did OD a bit, he has a point, but that's NT for you man. You'll notice the people who should have any right to be salty (Mavericksfans) don't really ever do the whole posting pictures shennanigans. I don't really mind anymore because of the Mavs positioning right now compared tothat of the Heat.

Wade HAD a motto of always getting back up from a fall, he even had his own commercial, but once his shoulder acted up then his entire credibility was lost inmany peoples eyes for being carted away because of his arm and seeing him cry.

Its not as serious as you make it out to be, Wades life was never at risk or anything, and NikeTalkers will do ANYTHING to try and make at least one personlaugh.

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

Why do ya'll always bring up that wheel chair %!+@?

First of all who cares?

It's not that big of a %%%#%%# deal.

Let it go.

Second of all, y'all really think he was still playing to change his image? Wrong.

Only on Niketalk does Wade have a bad image, and 99% of the time it's Kobe fans who cry about him getting calls (ironic) and then they beat the wheelchair incident like a dead horse.

It's really only that ONE incident that anyone ever mentions, which really wasn't THAT big of a %%%#%%# deal.

So he sat in a damn wheelchair?

Y'all act as if Wade demanded it.

I know for sure if I was in pain like that and someone brought me a wheelchair I wouldn't reject sitting in it just to look hard on the internet.

99% of people in the world who saw that didn't even think twice about it, much less think it makes him a pansy and bring it up every time they talk about Wade.

Y'all really throw up pictures of him cringing in pain like when y'all get hurt y'all are strictly showing no emotion?

You realize how salty that makes y'all look?

If y'all really think Wade was playing through this injury because a few teenagers on the internet think he's soft and he wants to change that 'image', y'all are delusional.

Wade could care less about what anyone on here thinks him.

And, I'm not even a Wade fan, but this @++##*%% y'all bring every time he's mentioned gets real damn tired.

laugh.gif

I will continue to bring it up.

Don't really care w/ you say.

$%#* like that tells you about the player.

Like I said, I don't care about him crying and being in pain, etc. That is acceptable as that is a painful injury.

But the chair was OD.

You can say its not a big deal, whatever.

But it is to me. And I know he could care less about what I or any other person on here says.

All I know is. I see people who suffer severe leg injuries and don't and walk off the field of play. He had a SHOULDER inury and got carted off. Neverhave I seen anything like that in all my life of watching sports. Never.

D-Wade is still that dude though.

Although Cyprus did OD a bit, he has a point, but that's NT for you man. You'll notice the people who should have any right to be salty (Mavericksfans) don't really ever do the whole posting pictures shennanigans. I don't really mind anymore because of the Mavs positioning right now compared tothat of the Heat.

Wade HAD a motto of always getting back up from a fall, he even had his own commercial, but once his shoulder acted up then his entire credibility was lost inmany peoples eyes for being carted away because of his arm and seeing him cry.

Its not as serious as you make it out to be, Wades life was never at risk or anything, and NikeTalkers will do ANYTHING to try and make at least one personlaugh.

Back
Top Bottom