East Coast Global Warming Appreciation Thread...vol. Today ONLY

Having to walk to work today kind of hit me with the urge to just keep doing so a few days out of th week. Even come the summer time. Only a few blocks from home and it'll save even that much more during the week on gas because I won't feel inclined to drive here and there when I leave work.

Last edited:
Yea, plows push it the side which buries the cars... Few pics in here showing that

Took my 1hr 40min to get to work taking the MTA... Buses in Queens are running on delays because of alternate routes

Some of the streets by me still aren't cleared

Also, in places like Chicago (the suburbs, at least), everyone has a driveway. You don't want your car out on the street when the plow rolls by.

This is so sad. Read about it earlier today. I wonder why they just didn't wait in their home until the father was done shoveling?

It's possible their home lost power and they used the car as a heat source. About ten years ago, a massive wind storm hit Seattle and thousands were without power for as long as a week. People got desperate, and started using charcoal grills and such to heat their homes. There were eight deaths, and more poisonings. It was common in the immigrant population, so the Seattle Times used its entire front page one day to warn people of the dangers of carbon monoxide. They published the message in a bunch of languages to hopefully get through to non-English speakers. The whole situation was pretty sad.

True, although I didn't read anything about a power outage. 20 minutes to sit in a car, while I'm assuming, the apartment/house was nearby, is a LONG time.

Nevertheless, RIP.

*edit*

Yall dudes in the DMV be careful. I went to workout last night, and the main roads, while still quasi-clear, are in BAD shape. Bad shape, meaning there are hardly any turn lanes due to where the snow was plowed and even worse, many two lane roads merge into one because of the snow not being plowed in a straight line. You REALLY have to pay attention because there is obviously no warning about the lanes eventually merging.

Last edited:
As I'm walking home from work, I see these open spots that are completely shoveled out... I'm like "damn, all that hard work for nothing" :lol:

Having to walk to work today kind of hit me with the urge to just keep doing so a few days out of th week. Even come the summer time. Only a few blocks from home and it'll save even that much more during the week on gas because I won't feel inclined to drive here and there when I leave work.
How long is the walk?

That's something I would never have thought about.

I can't understand how this wouldn't be the first thing on someone's mind...it certainly was on mines when I was digging my wife's car out, when I was able to get in and turn it on, first thing I did was pop open the windows....even when I got the car out I told my wife to slam the gas and blow the exhaust out....it just seems like common sense, RIP to that family tho :frown:

That's something I would never have thought about.

I can't understand how this wouldn't be the first thing on someone's mind...it certainly was on mines when I was digging my wife's car out, when I was able to get in and turn it on, first thing I did was pop open the windows....even when I got the car out I told my wife to slam the gas and blow the exhaust out....it just seems like common sense, RIP to that family tho :frown:

I just never thought of the tailpipe being blocked and the fumes being pushed in. I've never heard stories of that until the one that was posted. Guess i've been lucky with my car.

Yup, when I dug my car out before I even turned it on I cleared the exhaust and made sure no snow was inside, still popped the window open and floored it a few times.

It seems like every year someone dies of CO poisoning...or at least every year I read about it, so ever since I've owned a car I've been very conscious of it...I never even try to close my eyes in my car while idled.

Just had the county executive here in PG on TV talking nonsense ..unacceptable that 90% of roads here aren't clear.

I though I was doing it staying at my Girls place thinking they would get clear way before DC :smh:

why don't cars have CO detectors built in? I guess it's such a rare event that it's not cost-effective? Or do some cars have it now?

anyway roads here are still awful. parking is next to impossible if you don't have a garage. some of these neighborhoods are already impossible to park in after 8, without any snow.

Turning on the defroster(I usually blast it) rids the car of smoke. Worked like a charm when I hot box the whip but didn't want to let the windows down and let the smoke pour out.

Somebody got them cheeks clapped.

zoRSr3M.gif

:rofl:

papis still shoveling themselves out :smh:

Last edited:
Where I live at, a lot of quake public transportation. It's not an every 15 minutes bus here like big cities. It's been shut down since Saturday. Folks can't get to work or anything still :x

Back
Top Bottom