East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

Peeps in NC, How's everything? you guys are pretty much the forecast for us NY'ers. If i don't get a response to this post, i'll take it that your power went out.

I just posted like a few replies up.
laugh.gif
, but the real @#$# aint popped of yet and I'm pretty close to the coast.  I don't think you guys will have my to worry about. Then again like I said the real aint popped off yet.
laugh.gif
Its just a lot of rain an wind right now.

Peeps in NC, How's everything? you guys are pretty much the forecast for us NY'ers. If i don't get a response to this post, i'll take it that your power went out.
Everything here is straight for now, just a lot of rain. All hell is supposed to break loose in about 8 hours though.

Originally Posted by calikev34

The beach was real nice in Cali today
 Cheers 
pimp.gif
its going to be real nice in a few years when y'all are an island
laugh.gif

this thing is going to be a dud. just heavy rain. i is disappoint.

Originally Posted by TheWealth

Everything here is straight for now, just a lot of rain. All hell is supposed to break loose in about 8 hours though.

What town yall in? I worked out in New Bern before movin to charlotte. Im pretty sure we wont get any live updates from the outerbanks.

Originally Posted by chickhien

Originally Posted by TheWealth

What town yall in? I worked out in New Bern before movin to charlotte. Im pretty sure we wont get any live updates from the outerbanks.
I was in Wilmington, but I'm in the small town of Whiteville NC until the storm passes over.

Living on the south shore of long island FTL.  They ordered mandatory evacuations for my area, now i gotta figure out what to take and what to leave just in case its really bad
frown.gif

If I wake up early enough to put a few more things in storage, I'll evacuate with a clear mind

*crosses fingers*

hope everyone is safe.... sneakerheads, time to start selling your kicks cuz u gonna need the money if the storm gets really bad!!!

Are some of you guys really not taking this seriously and brushing it off as a normal rain storm??

I saw a video stating that the biggest concern with a hurricane hitting NYC is the New Yorkers themselves, we believe that just because we live here we aren't afraid of anything. So many of my friends are telling me that its going to be nothing and that it's not that serious. I hope that is the case but you have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Like the video someone just posted said, we are learning from our past and we can't treat this like we did with Katrina.

I also heard that the higher the altitude the stronger the winds are in a hurricane. With so many skyscrapers in our city plus all the debris that will be picked up that can be torpedoed into them....

Also a majority of our subway system is underground and chances are high that they will feel the impact of storm surges. With so millions relying on the MTA who knows how long it will take for everything to get back on track.
Even though its just water, you need to understand how destructive such a enormous amount of water can be, just look at past hurricanes and tsunamis.  And have you seen the size of this?  Its like what 600 mile radius and due to its low speed you'll be in it for 18+ hrs.

I live at the edge of zone B close to zone A, and I am actually pretty excited to see how this turns out. Hope everyone has a safe weekend.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Living on the south shore of long island FTL.  They ordered mandatory evacuations for my area, now i gotta figure out what to take and what to leave just in case its really bad
frown.gif
Be safe man

im on LI too and thank god they havent ordered an evacuation for my area

This is getting intense.. Crazymother.tv ustream video X audio is better than anything on TV currently.. tune in

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

frown.gif
Be safe man

im on LI too and thank god they havent ordered an evacuation for my area

Also on the south shore, basically a mile deep into the evacuation zone 
ohwell.gif

my entire town got automated phone calls from nassau county offices tellin us to evacuate....my parents refuse to leave tho 
tired.gif
  sayin they can handle anything n all that mess

idk how much longer i can keep the news on to show them that this $$+% is the real deal

alll i know is the red areas are close to home REALLY close, i think imma drive up to Mass.

Back
Top Bottom