"Eating with utensils is kinda racist" -Today's Parent

Placebo :lol:

No. Some foods are better to eat with hands. Early training and culture plays some roles.

My fam is from the country side in pakistan, they pretty much eat everything with their hands

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but it kind of tastes better eating rice and stuff with your hands rather than spoons and forks

Maybe it’s just in my Head

My homeboy from Pakistan, his wife just recently shared a ig snap with him eating some Pakistan food with his hands, I know it perfectly normal to eat with your hands too, cause I'm from Nigeria and we got dishes that is mandatory your suppose to eat with your hands.

The reason you may like not eating with a spoon or fork is because of that metal, stainless steel after taste you get when eating.

I don't eat rice with a spoon, just don't like the taste of a metal spoon. Weird to me.

Systematic racism =/= racism. That’s why the word “systematic” is used. If not, you’re just being redundant.
ur not even answering or replying to anything im saying
but making ur own separate argument
for something im not even saying

My homeboy from Pakistan, his wife just recently shared a ig snap with him eating some Pakistan food with his hands, I know it perfectly normal to eat with your hands too, cause I'm from Nigeria and we got dishes that is mandatory your suppose to eat with your hands.

The reason you may like not eating with a spoon or fork is because of that metal, stainless steel after taste you get when eating.

I don't eat rice with a spoon, just don't like the taste of a metal spoon. Weird to me.

nah u can also eat with plastic ones, but I notice typically South Asian, Middle Eastern and possibly African peoples eat with hands.

But when they come to the States, they and we eating halal with plastic forks/spoons.

ur not even answering or replying to anything im saying
but making ur own separate argument
for something im not even saying

I am. You’re just not putting it together. What you described, is systematic racism. Not plane Jane racism. No, black people are not in a position to be systematically racist in the US, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discriminate or antagonize someone because of their race. Therefore, black can be racist.

I am. You’re just not putting it together. What you described, is systematic racism. Not plane Jane racism. No, black people are not in a position to be systematically racist in the US, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discriminate or antagonize someone because of their race. Therefore, black can be racist.
ok
so when was the last time we as black folks discriminated against another race

nah u can also eat with plastic ones, but I notice typically South Asian, Middle Eastern and possibly African peoples eat with hands.

But when they come to the States, they and we eating halal with plastic forks/spoons.
All depends on the meal that is being consumed.

For example, this Nigerian dish fufu with egusi soup. If I saw someone using a fork/spoon.....
Egusi-Soup-and-Pounded-Yam.jpg

This will be my reaction...
Confused.gif

Plastic fork/spoon don't matter, it's not the proper food etiquette in Nigeria culture to eat this meal with a fork. Just like how if you went to a Japanese sushi spot and asked for fork and spoon to eat sushi.
It's either you learn how to use chopsticks and try, but if your eating with fork imo it's straight up disrespectful.

Certain halal meals can be eaten with hands, halal =koshe not the typical food cart meals served with rice and meat which is called halal

Last edited:
Eating and enjoying the food is respecting the food.

You are not obligated to use chopsticks or attempt to eat food the traditional way.

Sure, it is noble if you do it but it really doesn't matter. (My opinion).

If the food is being eaten, you are in fact giving praise and honor to that culture .

Whenever I get noodle soup, I ask for a fork immediately. No need to play around . I want a fork, not chopsticks. I am only speaking for me though.

ok
so when was the last time we as black folks discriminated against another race

Idk, I’m not an omniscient negro, I can’t speak for all of us. I’ll tell you a story. Once upon a time my grandparents needed someone to come spray for termites. My uncle set up an appointment. They day came, terminex pulled up and my grand dad said no. He’s not letting a white man come into his house to spray any chemicals. In that moment, my grand dad was racist. He was 85 years old, you know where he was coming from.

My point is, the “black people can’t be racist because we don’t have any power” is a defeated mentality. No we don’t have the power to put any systems in place to oppress another race, but we still ain’t slaves either. We can definitely be put into situations where we can be racist.

Idk, I’m not an omniscient negro, I can’t speak for all of us. I’ll tell you a story. Once upon a time my grandparents needed someone to come spray for termites. My uncle set up an appointment. They day came, terminex pulled up and my grand dad said no. He’s not letting a white man come into his house to spray any chemicals. In that moment, my grand dad was racist. He was 85 years old, you know where he was coming from.

My point is, the “black people can’t be racist because we don’t have any power” is a defeated mentality. No we don’t have the power to put any systems in place to oppress another race, but we still ain’t slaves either. We can definitely be put into situations where we can be racist.
u know..............
i have a retort to this
BUT
im not even gonna continue
cause its pointless for us to argue or debate
or whatever u wanna call it
about if black folks can be racist
lets continue getting on white folks and their faults

All depends on the meal that is being consumed.

For example, this Nigerian dish fufu with egusi soup. If I saw someone using a fork/spoon.....
Egusi-Soup-and-Pounded-Yam.jpg

This will be my reaction...
Confused.gif

Plastic fork/spoon don't matter, it's not the proper food etiquette in Nigeria culture to eat this meal with a fork. Just like how if you went to a Japanese sushi spot and asked for fork and spoon to eat sushi.
It's either you learn how to use chopsticks and try, but if your eating with fork imo it's straight up disrespectful.

Certain halal meals can be eaten with hands, halal =koshe not the typical food cart meals served with rice and meat which is called halal
why does that food look like throw up

Back
Top Bottom