"Eating with utensils is kinda racist" -Today's Parent

Habesha chick took me to an Ethiopian restaurant tonight. You already know we scooped the chicken and lamb stews with the injera using our hands.

Food was :pimp:

Most definitely cultural but I'm not knocking it.

Article is lengthy but accurate.

It’s these subtle constant reinforced behaviors and mentality that compound to make one set of people (white / euro colonizers) appear as the de facto superior way of living and others to be inferior.

Its similar to the black engineer girl that felt that black people at Google had to “act” white to fit in. Tho i thought that was trash I get what it means. This is supposed to be the land of live and let live so having one race or set of people dictate what the norm is rubs a lot of people the wrong way. And it’s sometimes so subtle like this that you don’t even know what it is that’s got you feeling some sort of way.

These are just cultural differences.

Ain't no way I'm eating some bussup shot and curry chicken with a knife and fork.

But maybe an article like this is fir white ppl growing up in the middle of the country where mostly everyone is white and not living in major cities so there are no restaurants from other cultures.

I am. You’re just not putting it together. What you described, is systematic racism. Not plane Jane racism. No, black people are not in a position to be systematically racist in the US, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discriminate or antagonize someone because of their race. Therefore, black can be racist.
Wrong.

Back
Top Bottom