eBay Situation: OPINIONS NEEDED PLEASE

So, I sold this guy the following pair of All-Star XX3s on Feb 24th: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130200410554

On Feb 29th, he leaves me positive feedback, stating: "great seller, fast & easy transaction. It was a pleasure doing business. thanks"

Then, six days after he left me the positive feedback, he sends me this message: hello, thank you for sending the shoes. I received them last week and put themin my attic. However, today when i was going to wear them i realized that both shoes are left sided. They are both 9.5 but they are also both from the left.They are basically unwearable from the right foot.

I told him I was going to call all the places I obtained the sneakers from, to ask if they had a leftover pair containing two right feet. I also asked him forpics, which he did send me, although it doesn't prove much.

I find it somewhat bizarre, and the chances very very low, that Jordan would put two left feet in one box without anybody noticing. And before I send any pairof sneakers out, I fully inspect them to make sure they are OK, and I just don't understand how I could have let something like this slip by me.

Do you guys think he is trying something? How should I deal with this?

Thanks NT!

are you one of those "mega resellers" maybe u didnt even pay attention when u looked at them....why would he want 2 right foot XX3s lol

make sure he sends you tagged pics of both left shoes.
by the way, almost all retail stores put the left shoe on display,
which could mean, he wants 2 pairs of the right shoe to complete the pair.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

are you one of those "mega resellers" maybe u didnt even pay attention when u looked at them....why would he want 2 right foot XX3s lol

I am not a "mega reseller", I'm 17, I don't have time to do major reselling. I just do this to make some extra cash. I have bought fewenough pairs that I have been able to inspect every pair before sending it. And I would tell him to send back both left sneakers, then I would send him aright shoe and a left shoe if I was able to get a right shoe.

Well, as you can see a Jumpman is on the right tongue and a "23" is on the left foot. And it seems to be consistent with every pair, so unless youhave 2 rights right now then he is probably lying.

What I think happened is he jacked 2 left display shoes from a couple mom and pop shops and is trying to bust a switcharoo by taking your right shoe. A freepair of sneakers for him basically.

Originally Posted by drewackall2

make sure he sends you tagged pics of both left shoes.
by the way, almost all retail stores put the left shoe on display,
which could mean, he wants 2 pairs of the right shoe to complete the pair.
Yea make sure the pics are legit.

^^^I took that picture of my first ten pairs, 3 of which were a 9.5, all bought on the 16th. I bought two more pairs of 9.5 on the 19th, meaning one of thepairs bought on the 19th could have been the pair I sent him. But I still find it so bizarre that this could happen.

What would be his motivation behind sending me back two left sneakers?

Tell him to send them back and you will refund him I would rather take the loss and have it in my possession than let him file a claim and have the shoes forFREE.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Tell him to send them back and you will refund him I would rather take the loss and have it in my possession than let him file a claim and have the shoes for FREE.

Cosign. At least this way you'll have your pair so you can sell them to someone else.

Originally Posted by King Lincey

Tell him to send them back and you will refund him I would rather take the loss and have it in my possession than let him file a claim and have the shoes for FREE.

Cosign. At least this way you'll have your pair so you can sell them to someone else.
Who would buy a pair containing two left shoes? I'd rather just return them to the store for a refund, if they'll even take them backconsidering there are two left feet.

But isn't it suspicious that he left me feedback on February 29th, then six days later on March 6th, sends me that message saying I sent him twoleft feet? What happened during all that time. Did he seriously not take a look at a pair of sneakers he paid $228 for, and just threw them in his attic? Idon't know one person that would ever do that.

And also, if he did put in a Paypal claim against me, wouldn't I win, because I have proof of shipping (tracking), and he also left me positive feedback,meaning he was satisfied with how the deal went and what he got. Isn't it the responsibility of the buyer to check the merchandise when he receives it,before leaving feedback?

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Originally Posted by King Lincey

Who would buy a pair containing two left shoes? I'd rather just return them to the store for a refund, if they'll even take them back considering there are two left feet.

But isn't it suspicious that he left me feedback on February 29th, then six days later on March 6th, sends me that message saying I sent him two left feet? What happened during all that time. Did he seriously not take a look at a pair of sneakers he paid $228 for, and just threw them in his attic? I don't know one person that would ever do that.

And also, if he did put in a Paypal claim against me, wouldn't I win, because I have proof of shipping (tracking), and he also left me positive feedback, meaning he was satisfied with how the deal went and what he got. Isn't it the responsibility of the buyer to check the merchandise when he receives it, before leaving feedback?

My bad, I was assuming that you knew that you actually sent him a left AND right, and he was trying to scam you. Just tell him tosend them back and give him his money back. If he declines, then you know something fishy's going on.

You got a point, though. Who buys shoes, and doens't inspect them once they receive them?

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

You got a point, though. Who buys shoes, and doens't inspect them once they receive them?
So your opinion is still refund him the money anyway?

Man, I don't know now. Because if you refund him the money and it's a scam, you can basically kiss that $$ goodbye...this isa tough call.

you said that you had a few pairs of 9.5's right? So if you screwed up that means one other pair has 2 right shoes. If you mailed out all of the remaining9.5s then another buyer is going to complain as well. If you dont receive another complaint then you know the guy is BSing.

I am not buying his story.

tell him to send you the shoes back, and tell him your not gonna send him the refund until the shoes arrive and you inspect them. If he says no to that,he's up to something.

And i think you would win if he files a claim with paypal because thats his fault for not checking the shoes when he got them, and then 6 days later when he"FIRST" looked at them, he found that they were 2 left feet. tell him his story ain't straight

u ain't got nuttin to worry about if you do it the right way.

And also, if he did put in a Paypal claim against me, wouldn't I win, because I have proof of shipping (tracking), and he also left me positive feedback, meaning he was satisfied with how the deal went and what he got. Isn't it the responsibility of the buyer to check the merchandise when he receives it, before leaving feedback?

Nothing's a for sure thing with PayPal. More often than not, unless it is blatantly a false claim, PayPal will side with the buyer. He'dre-tell his story "two left shoes, blah, blah, blah", PayPal would have him ship them back to you, and you would be forced to refund the final priceplus the auction's shipping costs (then the eBay fees on top of that).

His story sounds fishy, but just tell him to ship them back and return them at the shop you bought them from. I don't see why the store wouldn't giveyou a refund, unless we're talking about a shady mom & pop.

one time, i bought a pair of DS am95 comets from some dude on ISS. i bought them for like 160...i tried one on, then threw the box in the closet. about 4 weekslater i decided to rock them...sure enough, there were 2 right shoes. i was really bummed. i was so upset. i thought seller has screwed me. i emailed the guyand told him that he sent me 2 right shoes and i definitely didn't think he was going to believe me...or, if he already knew this, he would say 'toobad i don't believe you'. but dude was cool. he told me he'd check it out. so he called all the retailers in the area, and, sure enough, somebodystill had 2 left shoes. i sent one back and got the other shoe promptly.

i can believe that maybe your buyer wasn't paying attention when he purchased them because i did the same thing. it's easy to just look at one shoe andcall it a 'positive experience'...especially when you don't get to wear your shoes often (like me).

as to your question, i would tell him to send the pair back to you for a full refund. if he says no it's ok, then you can assume he was lying. if he saysok, then you should follow up with the shop you bought them from.

What I was saying is if you ask him to send the shoes back and he sends two lefts he takes the L as well if he is scamming you. Because he has to break a setof his XX3's as well.

hes not breaking a set of 23's if he stole two displays ... hes getting one pair for free (the legit pair dude sent him) and the money for the refund ...tuff @$! scheme ... i wouldnt give him anything especially because there was a week that went by without any problems and he gave you positive feedback ... idtell him you called and no stores have two rights, so you dont believe him

He left you a positive feedback, what are you stressing about? I'd assume the deal is over and done with after that. Don't tell me he didn't openthe package first before leaving you that feedback.
tell him to send you the shoes back, and tell him your not gonna send him the refund until the shoes arrive and you inspect them. If he says no to that, he's up to something.
Now if you wanna stress yourself out, you can ask him to do this. It's the only way to know.

I did this before, I shipped one guy 2 left Spiz'ikes & one guy 2 right Spiz'ikes, lucky for me they both caught it as soon as they got the shoes,I had them send the shoes back & I shipped back out correctly.

I would be contacting the other buyers of the 9.5's & see if anyone got 2 right shoes.

Back
Top Bottom