Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

there was one other time I had two sales just a few weeks apart rather than quarterly...can't complain about that

I'd be less irritated by it if I didn't feel like I HAVE to buy something from every collection. There's just nothing I need or don't already have in this one. Nothing interesting in my girlfriend's size either.

Top Star order came in today

2CD70F23-7916-43F6-BDC0-9A6D355F593C.jpeg

🤷‍♂️

Went for Jordan 4 SB but they didn’t my size to begin with and spent too much time waffling between the TS VI and black white 85 1’s so I ended up grabbing something not my size for shoe money instead of being left with a bunch of Jordan 1 mids and lows at retail

they're trying to deter the bamboozlers

not a bad thing 🤷‍♂️

I noticed now they make it more apparent that shoes are used, as it was something that people could have overlooked when locking into a trade

I was trying to work out a trade with my popcorn Air Force 1's I have no box for and I don't think the potential trade partner realized while entertaining my offer 🙈

they're trying to deter the bamboozlers

not a bad thing 🤷‍♂️

I noticed now they make it more apparent that shoes are used, as it was something that people could have overlooked when locking into a trade

I was trying to work out a trade with my popcorn Air Force 1's I have no box for and I don't think the potential trade partner realized while entertaining my offer 🙈
That's bs :lol: . Everybody on tb should have the right to be bamboozled if they choose too. 30% could be a 100 shoe for a 70 dollar shoe which I don't consider being bamboozled. Is their fee based on value?

Ebay has gotten ridiculous with its fees they almost like stockx and I use to get better payouts from them not so much now. Stockx payout looks better depending on what you selling

Ebay has gotten ridiculous with its fees they almost like stockx and I use to get better payouts from them not so much now. Stockx payout looks better depending on what you selling

**** eBay. I’ve been buying and selling shoes on eBay for over 20 years now. Fees are basically the same as the other sites. Then they forced a refund that I’m still battling. Guy left me positive feedback and everything, then a month later the sole fell off. Shoes are 17 ish years old, that’s not my fault. eBay gave him a refund because the shoes didn’t go through their authenticity process but if they did, I would be good. Been debating on reaching out to my bank but I buy and sell so much **** on eBay, I don’t want to get blocked or some ****.

^I filed a dispute on a chargeback once

Sold a Rugby beanie and buyer filed a dispute to return and get a refund claiming it was dirty and not as I claimed in listing

Funny thing is I never got a notification that the buyer shipped it back and later got a message from eBay the the matter had beer resolved and nothing else was needed on my end

Not too long after that I got another message that they were putts charge on my card for the cost of the item to refund the buyer

I contacted eBay and got the tracking information, contacted my post office and turns out the packed was addressed and delivered to the CVS pharmacy in my town

Went go CVS about it but it was awhile after it got delivered there and by then it was long gone…they said they occasionally get random mail for previous managers/pharmacists and just throw it out

I sold a pair of Sb’s oN eBay last week. Tell ‘em why I shipped them and everything, then I get a random message from eBay saying they failed authentication and I can’t repost them. Sigh. And they didn’t even give a reason. They just said X person didn’t think they were authentic. I bought them from a skate shop 11 years ago

So few questions on Ebay selling:

been a while since I sold stuff myself.

How do shipping costs work nowadays, it used to be creating a list of destinations you would ship to and specify shipp costs per destination. But now you first ship to some Ebay location ?? How does this affect this process exactly?

And is it still possible to (de)select certain destinations/countries?

Last edited:
I too have a question. Do all sneakers have to be authenticated? I only asks as I have some OG stuff from the late 90s early 2000s that I wouldn't want handled by some noobs with no regards to their condition. Shoes like OG Foamposite Max, OG Jumpman Pros, etc. And I wouldn't even be asking much for them, but they didn't really have fakes back then and I would want them to stay as packaged (wrapped in bubble wrap to keep the shoes from moving around in the box during transit).

How do shipping costs work nowadays, it used to be creating a list of destinations you would ship to and specify shipp costs per destination. But now you first ship to some Ebay location ?? How does this affect this process exactly?

Flat rate shipping on authentication shoes paid by buyer.
I too have a question. Do all sneakers have to be authenticated? I only asks as I have some OG stuff from the late 90s early 2000s that I wouldn't want handled by some noobs with no regards to their condition. Shoes like OG Foamposite Max, OG Jumpman Pros, etc. And I wouldn't even be asking much for them, but they didn't really have fakes back then and I would want them to stay as packaged (wrapped in bubble wrap to keep the shoes from moving around in the box during transit).
Over a certain price they get authenticated. Once eBay authenticates they can get destroyed on the way to the buyer and the buyer will have to take it up with eBay, no worry on your end.

Last edited:
Flat rate shipping on authentication shoes paid by buyer.

Over a certain price they get authenticated. Once eBay authenticates they can get destroyed on the way to the buyer and the buyer will have to take it up with eBay, no worry on your end.

Thanks for the tip buddy. 👍 Now to find out what that threshold fee is? I hate to have a pair get jacked up because they were unwrapped and then eBay to say that's how they showed up to them instead of taking the blame. It's been a constant fear I have. Only got about 30 or so OG pairs I want to ditch before I'm done with the cleaning house of pairs. 🙏

Last edited:

Buyer pays for shoe + shipping (flat fee for buyers) so no worry or concern on your end
You ship to authenticator
Shoes authenticated
You’re paid and the authenticator sends to buyer
Ebay takes 10% I believe
Almost scam proof nowadays

Has anyone had shoes not pass authentication on ebay? Mine didn't pass for the first time ever after selling dozens. They didn't pass due to condition not matching listing. They were listed as brand new, which they are, but authenticator said they're not. Never even tried them on and box was in reasonable shape for a shoe that released in 2015. I know I can't fight it but now feel I have to lower the price when they're returned and list them as pre-owned, even though they are not. Just wondering if others have experienced that before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom