Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

I’d argue that the people that shoot an offer well below market value are worse…I’ll decline them and say something like “sorry, these are authentic bruh”

My theory is that people list overlooking that it was a default that the listing was set up as a best offer bin…too many new jacks

I'm not even talking about below market. I'm talking about like $10 and they auto decline lol.

Personally I’m more insulted by buyers that want $10 off an already fair price, than buyers shooting for the moon with a lowball offer. If $10 is the make it or break it threshold, you can get all the way outta here. :lol:

Personally I’m more insulted by buyers that want $10 off an already fair price, than buyers shooting for the moon with a lowball offer. If $10 is the make it or break it threshold, you can get all the way outta here. :lol:

Seems pretty simple then. If it's already a "fair price," then don't do OBO.

giphy (2).gif

Seems pretty simple then. If it's already a "fair price," then don't do OBO.

giphy (2).gif

Lmao who said anything about even offering the OBO option? Buyers shoot their shot more often than not via messaging.

But still, please don’t waste a seller’s time asking for $10 off. Just buy the damn shoes lol.

Lmao who said anything about even offering the OBO option? Buyers shoot their shot more often than not via messaging.

But still, please don’t waste a seller’s time asking for $10 off. Just buy the damn shoes lol.

This whole conversation started because of people offering OBO, then not budging on their price.

that's definitely me...gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere and it might just be $10 less than you're asking 🤷‍♂️

guilty of this as well...worst response I can get is no 🤷‍♂️

It's the = (i really can't afford to be in this hobby) people who are constantly trying to lowball anyone that they can. I put up an OG Colorway 1, and a OG Colorway 11 up for sale, mind you both were DS. This was around 4 to 5 years ago. I kept getting offers from $50.00 to $100.00 below my asking price, and this was on a consistent basis.

After 2 months, i folded, because I still was going to make a good profit at the below asking price. I just wanted to sell them at that point. Guess what happened after that point? People started messaging me their sob bs life long stories, about being a sneaker collector.

Then it goes to how they're not doing so good financially, and if im understanding of their situation, that if I could sell them these shoes slightly below retail. After reading the attempted finesse messages, all I could do was 🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂.

I had to take them off the site all together, because im not sure if the problem was because it was a size 14 and 15 that caused this. But it became frustrating trying to resell on Ebay. Goat and StockX are the only way if you're trying to sell some shoes without the unnecessary headaches.

These are the same types of weirdos, that would probably try to take someone's life over a pair of shoes, especially if you would agree to do meet ups with them. I wish that I would've saved the messages, because it was 100% comical. It opened up my eyes to understand that there's people out here that are super desperate to get ahold of some shoes they don't want to pay for, or just can't actually afford them.

Also, never sell to someone who's complaining and battling you over $5.00 to $20.00 on the price. Those cats are the WORSE. They'll actually have all of the money to buy, then all of a sudden they'll renege on the deal over a couple of dollars. This is why Apps/Sites such as GOAT and StockX were highly needed. It's as everybody wants to play mental gymnastics games inside of their head, because they're constantly trying to get a good deal.

But even if they find a good deal, that's also not good enough for them, so therefore, they keep pressing to lowball as much as they can. At that point, alot of sellers get so heated, pulls the deal away all together. Then up the resale price out of spite, just piss anyone off who wants to buy.

what's funny about it, is that once they go on GOAT or StockX, they'll buy the shoes, or leave. It's either pay to play at that point, or shut up and go home in your feelings.

Also, nobody's trying to skim $1.00 to $15.00 away from the gas, food, and clothes prices from the companies that are selling it to you. It's just something about shoe culture that brings out the weirdo pettiness out of people. If $5.00 to $20.00 is the difference maker in you deciding to buy the shoes, then you shouldn't be buying the shoes in the first place. I blame all of the social media and resale store antics for these types of thoughts patterns when it comes to buying shoes. End of Rant!

Also, nobody's trying to skim $1.00 to $15.00 away from the gas, food, and clothes prices from the companies that are selling it to you. It's just something about shoe culture that brings out the weirdo pettiness out of people. If $5.00 to $20.00 is the difference maker in you deciding to buy the shoes, then you shouldn't be buying the shoes in the first place. I blame all of the social media and resale store antics for these types of thoughts patterns when it comes to buying shoes. End of Rant!
This logic goes both way

the extra $10 to $20 could go towards something else

I get it from a seller and buyer POV

I recently made an offer $160 less than the buyers asking price and he accepted it...first offer

I've sold I believe $900 less than my asking price once

but when I have something like a DS pair of cool grey XI's for sale what makes you think I'm going to accept a price below retail?

yea, I made a good buck still on the pair that I sold for $900 less than my asking price

Last edited:
Shoot me your eBay handle so I can add you to my blocked bidders list. :lol::lol:

jshortt jshortt you too.

This type of logic is ridiculous. Certain things I have a threshold on, and I refuse to go over it. Has nothing to do with if I can afford it, or if I should be buying them. I'm just throwing this number out randomly. If somebody has a listing that's $265 obo and the going rate is $250, then don't be upset if someone offers $250. If you have a listing that's $265 with NO obo and my threshold is $250, then I'm just gonna keep looking. Simple as that.

Piggybacking off the convo, I hate when I’m putting an offer in on eBay as an icebreaker to get then conversation going and the person just declines instead of countering. And to be clear, I’m not putting disrespectfully low offers in, I’m talking $10-20 less than their asking price. What is the point of allowing offers if you don’t want to field any?

Piggybacking off the convo, I hate when I’m putting an offer in on eBay as an icebreaker to get then conversation going and the person just declines instead of countering. And to be clear, I’m not putting disrespectfully low offers in, I’m talking $10-20 less than their asking price. What is the point of allowing offers if you don’t want to field any?

This is the point a couple of us are trying to make.

Update on my situation (not that anyone cares), but StockX def let sellers back out and dishonor their agreements when they see prices go up for a shoe. My situation...

I am going away and I ordered the shoe within a range knowing they would arrive before I leave for vacation...

10/3 - ordered playoff 8s for $226 before fees, not great, but not super terrible...(expected arrival dates 10/16-10/23)
10/3 -10/8- Price of AJ 8 in my size (11.5) goes up to ~255 or so...
10/6 - I notified CS that the seller has not sent the shoes during these dates, was told seller has extra time to send out shoes....
10/9 - Spoke with another cs rep asking why the shoes have not been shipped out....
10/9- later got an email saying that seller finally shipped (their rules say the seller has to ship within 2 business days of sale)
10/15 - email saying order might be delayed in transit....
10/18 - spoke with CS rep over the phone asking about status of order, asked if they could hold it at their facility until I come back because I have no control over the seller shipping late. Was told by yet another cs rep that they would contact the carrier to see about the status of the package and they would get back to me. I was told that the order would be canceled if it was found that it would not reach me by 10/25. I told cs rep that I do NOT want to cancel the order, I just wanted to know where it was and if they could hold it for me. I was told that I would be notified by email...
10/19 - 8:09am email notification saying my order might be delayed
10/19- 10:45am - email saying a refund was issued for my order....given a discount code for $25

I was mad af. They did exactly what I asked not to do, and didn't give me a reason why. I'm pretty sure the seller backed out of the sale because they saw the price go up. It's BS. Why even list it at that price if you're going to do that? The buyer loses again because they don't get their shoes and are forced to buy at a higher price potentially. I spoke with a cs rep later in the day and told them that $25 means nothing if the price goes up well beyond what I paid in a couple of weeks. Why should the buyer have to pay more money for things they had zero control over. My feeling, I don't even think the seller even sent the shoes out to begin with and they are covering for the seller making it seem like there was a delay. This is exactly why I don't fw stockX mainly. Smh.

Update on my situation (not that anyone cares), but StockX def let sellers back out and dishonor their agreements when they see prices go up for a shoe. My situation...

I am going away and I ordered the shoe within a range knowing they would arrive before I leave for vacation...

10/3 - ordered playoff 8s for $226 before fees, not great, but not super terrible...(expected arrival dates 10/16-10/23)
10/3 -10/8- Price of AJ 8 in my size (11.5) goes up to ~255 or so...
10/6 - I notified CS that the seller has not sent the shoes during these dates, was told seller has extra time to send out shoes....
10/9 - Spoke with another cs rep asking why the shoes have not been shipped out....
10/9- later got an email saying that seller finally shipped (their rules say the seller has to ship within 2 business days of sale)
10/15 - email saying order might be delayed in transit....
10/18 - spoke with CS rep over the phone asking about status of order, asked if they could hold it at their facility until I come back because I have no control over the seller shipping late. Was told by yet another cs rep that they would contact the carrier to see about the status of the package and they would get back to me. I was told that the order would be canceled if it was found that it would not reach me by 10/25. I told cs rep that I do NOT want to cancel the order, I just wanted to know where it was and if they could hold it for me. I was told that I would be notified by email...
10/19 - 8:09am email notification saying my order might be delayed
10/19- 10:45am - email saying a refund was issued for my order....given a discount code for $25

I was mad af. They did exactly what I asked not to do, and didn't give me a reason why. I'm pretty sure the seller backed out of the sale because they saw the price go up. It's BS. Why even list it at that price if you're going to do that? The buyer loses again because they don't get their shoes and are forced to buy at a higher price potentially. I spoke with a cs rep later in the day and told them that $25 means nothing if the price goes up well beyond what I paid in a couple of weeks. Why should the buyer have to pay more money for things they had zero control over. My feeling, I don't even think the seller even sent the shoes out to begin with and they are covering for the seller making it seem like there was a delay. This is exactly why I don't fw stockX mainly. Smh.
Should've just went the ebay route

Should've just went the ebay route
At that time, it was the cheapest price I saw between all options. So I did it given my circumstances.

Quick update...I just got an email from StockX about an hour ago saying the pair reached the facility for authentication...seriously man, what is going on here?

Now I'm really confused as to what is going on. I'm convinced they don't know what they're doing over there. Whatever the outcome is with this order, I don't think I'll be dealing with them at all from now on.

At that time, it was the cheapest price I saw between all options. So I did it given my circumstances.

Quick update...I just got an email from StockX about an hour ago saying the pair reached the facility for authentication...seriously man, what is going on here?

Now I'm really confused as to what is going on. I'm convinced they don't know what they're doing over there. Whatever the outcome is with this order, I don't think I'll be dealing with them at all from now on.
If you already got your bread back maintain radio silence and let it ride out if it looks like they shipping you a pair after all.

Check your top star page. Just got re-upped for another year. No email though.

giphy.gif

Welcome back to Top Star​

Hey Chris,
Now’s your chance to show us your sneaker game’s still on lock. Prove it by spending $1,500 in the next 90 days.

I'm glad they updated the Top Star page...they finally took down the pics of those wankstas wearing a Harry Potter hoodie and their dads sweater

ready for the next sale to swim through a sea of Jordan 1 mids and lows superblytrife superblytrife

crumps brother crumps brother you'll be glad to know I was invited to Top Star this week. :pimp: :pimp:

Sadly I don’t think I want to participate in a scheme to keep eBay’s pockets lined. Buying pairs I’m not crazy about just to get the “good” stuff seems like a losing proposition. I’ll just buy the good stuff on my own and pass on the Jordan mids. More for you, my guy. :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom