Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

Check your top star page. Just got re-upped for another year. No email though.

giphy.gif

Welcome back to Top Star​

Hey Chris,
Now’s your chance to show us your sneaker game’s still on lock. Prove it by spending $1,500 in the next 90 days.

I'm glad they updated the Top Star page...they finally took down the pics of those wankstas wearing a Harry Potter hoodie and their dads sweater

ready for the next sale to swim through a sea of Jordan 1 mids and lows superblytrife superblytrife

Same. Wild that they made a production out of it haha. "Click here to see your results" like it was some kind of huge reveal. :lol:

Screenshot_20231020-161114.png

crumps brother crumps brother you'll be glad to know I was invited to Top Star this week. :pimp: :pimp:

Sadly I don’t think I want to participate in a scheme to keep eBay’s pockets lined. Buying pairs I’m not crazy about just to get the “good” stuff seems like a losing proposition. I’ll just buy the good stuff on my own and pass on the Jordan mids. More for you, my guy. :nthat:
giphy.webp

honestly, the selection is mostly filler but there's always multiple shoes worthwhile

even if it's just to sell for shoe money 🤷‍♂️

Clearly there’s not enough people doing that if they’re letting so many people in who didn’t meet that threshold

I wonder how many people gained status for the first time

Maybe they just opened the floodgates and getting the better options is gonna be like getting hyped shoes on SNKRS and other online sites…many of us leaving empty handed

Clearly there’s not enough people doing that if they’re letting so many people in who didn’t meet that threshold

I wonder how many people gained status for the first time

Maybe they just opened the floodgates and getting the better options is gonna be like getting hyped shoes on SNKRS and other online sites…many of us leaving empty handed

Kinda what I was thinking. Like when they opened SNKRS to desktop.

C'mon vettez06 vettez06 , you're making that number up, right lol? Ain't no way they put that in writing. :lol:

its just not a sustainable ask of ebay, especially with how tough the quarterly drops are now.

just want them to continue to give us those monthly 10% coupons. feels like its a been a while for one of those.

Hey man I never really thought about it but then I did :rofl: Because of this thread.

Them requiring that we spend $1500 every 90 days had me

1697854458672.gif

And after adding up those numbers it was

1697854532475.gif

I think it's $1500 a year. At least that's what mine has been since they changed the terms. That 90 days was just the trial period. Once you're in that, I think you're good for the year. I'm not super concerned about it, but if I spend the money anyway then I'm fine with staying in. I've gotten some cool stuff out of it so far.

I think it's $1500 a year. At least that's what mine has been since they changed the terms. That 90 days was just the trial period. Once you're in that, I think you're good for the year. I'm not super concerned about it, but if I spend the money anyway then I'm fine with staying in. I've gotten some cool stuff out of it so far.

$1500 a year's doable and I spend that anyway too.

At that time, it was the cheapest price I saw between all options. So I did it given my circumstances.

Quick update...I just got an email from StockX about an hour ago saying the pair reached the facility for authentication...seriously man, what is going on here?

Now I'm really confused as to what is going on. I'm convinced they don't know what they're doing over there. Whatever the outcome is with this order, I don't think I'll be dealing with them at all from now on.

I mean they clearly gave you a delivery window which hasn't even passed yet and it seems you messaged them at least 5 times since making the purchase. Maybe just be patient next time or don't order shoes before going on vacation. Stockx didn't do anything wrong imo other than it being on the tail end of the delivery window as opposed to day 1, which it seems like you were expecting.

I mean they clearly gave you a delivery window which hasn't even passed yet and it seems you messaged them at least 5 times since making the purchase. Maybe just be patient next time or don't order shoes before going on vacation. Stockx didn't do anything wrong imo other than it being on the tail end of the delivery window as opposed to day 1, which it seems like you were expecting.
Normally, I don't care about when a shoe gets delivered, but I was only concerned about timelines because of the circumstances. I mean, don't you think 3 FULL WEEKS is enough time to order something to be authenticated and shipped to you? Even with a delay, I'd say that is a reasonable amount of time (I ordered a pair of cement 3s for my brother in March from them, and from order to delivery...it was 9 days). They actually did give me a delivery window on the original order...it was expected to be delivered to me on 10/16, so yes the delivery window did pass....I just thought it was an unusual situation and I was asking for updates. I just didn't appreciate them canceling my order when I specifically asked them not to.

Normally, I don't care about when a shoe gets delivered, but I was only concerned about timelines because of the circumstances. I mean, don't you think 3 FULL WEEKS is enough time to order something to be authenticated and shipped to you? Even with a delay, I'd say that is a reasonable amount of time (I ordered a pair of cement 3s for my brother in March from them, and from order to delivery...it was 9 days). They actually did give me a delivery window on the original order...it was expected to be delivered to me on 10/16, so yes the delivery window did pass....I just thought it was an unusual situation and I was asking for updates. I just didn't appreciate them canceling my order when I specifically asked them not to.

They definitely did you wrong.

You said your delivery window was 10/16-10/23 so no it has not passed. Because you didn't get it on the very first day you concocted some conspiracy involving the seller trying to get more money and stockx covering it up, none of which was true. Just be patient, no need to send endless emails about your order when everything is still technically on time, probably canceled it cause you kept contacting them and complaining. I get it, you needed the shoes before you left but that is entirely on you. No one wronged you here. 3 weeks is not unreasonable, yeah it's a little long but not unheard of and it's about exactly how long they told you it would be.

I just got the top star trial email, but I just spent about $2500 on shoes total the last few months. I’m not buying $1500 worth in 90 days…will they use my past purchases. It was all this year.

I feel like the invite is pointless for me cause it's nothing I really want that is coming out besides the 11s gratitude and after that release nothing

GOAT really has gotten worse when it comes to selling used shoes. Listed a pair of used jjjjound Bape Stas and they kept saying my pic of the box label wasn't clear enough. Emailed them to ask what exactly they wanted to see and they sent me an example that was literally the same type of pic I was including. Waited a few days and tried to list them again, and lo and behold, no issues with the box label! But wait--this time my pictures were too dark. :lol:

This would be well and good other than the fact I took the pics outside at high ****ing noon. :smh::smh::lol:

eBay it is. More hassle setting up an auction, but at least I can attempt to sell my shoes.

Ebay or scamX I tried GOAT they ask for too many pics especially that inside label sometimes they are placed in difficult area to take pics of so no GOAT for me 🤣

GOAT really has gotten worse when it comes to selling used shoes. Listed a pair of used jjjjound Bape Stas and they kept saying my pic of the box label wasn't clear enough. Emailed them to ask what exactly they wanted to see and they sent me an example that was literally the same type of pic I was including. Waited a few days and tried to list them again, and lo and behold, no issues with the box label! But wait--this time my pictures were too dark. :lol:

This would be well and good other than the fact I took the pics outside at high ****ing noon. :smh::smh::lol:

eBay it is. More hassle setting up an auction, but at least I can attempt to sell my shoes.
I had the same issue in the past with certain photos too, I’m assuming it’s due to their software verification process. Even though it’s a hassle I really prefer selling on goat.

I gave up trying to sell used shoes on Goat. Apple or Android, photo box or well lit table, my pictures were always a problem. Some of those size stickers inside the shoe are hell to get a clean shot of too.

Back
Top Bottom