Ebola

Have you even read the topic? Before you say dumb **** like this to me, ive been highly active in this topic and there HAS been posts by idiots who deserve reactions like the BS youre giving me.

You and eveyrone else OBVIOUSLY knows which countries Im referring to when Im saying West Africa. Dont act stupid.

This **** is being handled so poorly.

I'm ready to impeach Obama over this, and that's my boy.
He was QUICK to stop fights with Israel as a form a punishment. Had that itchy finger. A possible pandemic? Puts his head in the sand. His true priorities are showing in the second term. The administration stays reacting instead of being proactive. I dont even want to hop on the subway
Anything I've read has suggested that travel restrictions will only negatively affect the countries currently stricken with this outbreak. Of course, it just sounds better to blame the government for everything that's going on. 

Anything I've read has suggested that travel restrictions will only negatively affect the countries currently stricken with this outbreak. Of course, it just sounds better to blame the government for everything that's going on. 
what negative affect would the US temporarily not allowing foreign nationals from affected countries to enter the US have on the heavily impacted countries? I've heard it said too, but haven't really heard a good reason why.

what negative affect would the US temporarily not allowing foreign nationals from affected countries to enter the US have on the heavily impacted countries? I've heard it said too, but haven't really heard a good reason why.

Missing a funeral or final goodbye from a dying relative from another country has to be on the list.

It wouldn't actually prevent the spread of Ebola to the U.S. It will just drive people to flee to other countries. Thomas Eric Duncan flew to Brussels and then flew to the U.S. Are we going to ban flights from all over the world? 

It wouldn't actually prevent the spread of Ebola to the U.S. It will just drive people to flee to other countries. Thomas Eric Duncan flew to Brussels and then flew to the U.S. Are we going to ban flights from all over the world? 
no one is saying it would prevent the spread. It's about minimizing risk to the US. You can't honestly say that wouldn't minimize it.

no one is saying it would prevent the spread. It's about minimizing risk to the US. You can't honestly say that wouldn't minimize it.
As I just pointed out with my example, they will come through other countries. 

SEATTLE -- Billionaire Paul Allen, who owns the Seattle Seahawks and the Portland Trail Blazers, has pledged to contribute at least $100 million to the fight against the deadly Ebola virus. The Microsoft co-founder said Thursday that among the initiatives he's supporting is the development of two medevac containment units that the U.S. State Department can use to safely evacuate health workers who become infected.

Allen's foundation previously pledged $26.5 million.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...er-paul-allen-donates-100-million-fight-ebola

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Missing a funeral or final goodbye from a dying relative from another country has to be on the list.
They better use Skype to view the funeral lol

The team owner donating 100million! Its nothing to him but a tax write off.

I hate it when people say rich people give their money away for the tax write off. The alternative is that he doesn't give $100 million (and that's $100 million less for Ebola research), and then ya'll would just complain about how rich people don't give any of their money to various humanitarian causes. So shut up with all that tax write off nonsense.

I hate it when people say rich people give their money away for the tax write off. The alternative is that he doesn't give $100 million (and that's $100 million less for Ebola research), and then ya'll would just complain about how rich people don't give any of their money to various humanitarian causes. So shut up with all that tax write off nonsense.
Whooaa i wasnt saying it was bad or he was just doing it for a write off. i was just explaining that is a big write off

Whooaa i wasnt saying it was bad or he was just doing it for a write off. i was just explaining that is a big write off

When people mention the tax write off aspect, it implies a negative connotation.

Last edited:
no one is saying it would prevent the spread. It's about minimizing risk to the US. You can't honestly say that wouldn't minimize it.[/QUOTE]

[/quote]

this. how hard is this to understand? i keep hearing about travel restrictions from these west african countries...as if you can get a direct flight to and from west africa.

intense screening is what we can do right now. flight ban would only work via these 3 west african counties closing their own airports to commercial use. plus the united states is more than ready to deal with ebola. it will require personnel to be trained so that dallas doesn't happen again. but people out here thinking its gonna be some walking dead type ****.

a lot of it is education as well. i would argue there is a significant population who are not on the western medicine tip. so ebola is just bullsht to them, even if it truly is the case. and there is the fact that its hard to contain with limited resources and personnel.

As i pointed out several times, several pages back, that is why you temporarily stop granting non-US nationals from the heavily affected countries US Visas.  People just dont walk into the US, there is this thing called US Customs where you can easily put this into place.  It is simple to tell where someone is coming from, there is also something called a passport which is something that you need to enter the US.
this. how hard is this to understand? i keep hearing about travel restrictions from these west african countries...as if you can get a direct flight to and from west africa.

I have not been talking about banning flights, i said MULTIPLE times - a temporary ban on allowing non-US nationals from the affected countries to enter the US.

And again, it wont stop the disease from spreading but it will MINIMIZE RISK.

Last edited:
Little kid in Soundview being tested for ebola?

How this little kid get it. :lol:

Edit:

He traveled from Gineau, didnt show symptoms but developed a slight fever in Bellevue where he went. Kudos to the mother for I guess pre-emptive measures.

Last edited:

As i pointed out several times, several pages back, that is why you temporarily stop granting non-US nationals from the heavily affected countries US Visas.  People just dont walk into the US, there is this thing called US Customs where you can easily put this into place.  It is simple to tell where someone is coming from, there is also something called a passport which is something that you need to enter the US.

I have not been talking about banning flights, i said MULTIPLE times - a temporary ban on allowing non-US nationals from the affected countries to enter the US.

And again, it wont stop the disease from spreading but it will MINIMIZE RISK.

If you ban people traveling from heavily infected regions to the U.S., they are still free to travel to the rest of the world. They can carry and spread the infection into other countries. The people in these other countries are still free to travel to the U.S. and can spread the virus. People don't need to travel to West Africa to become infected with Ebola.

How many Ebola patients in the U.S. were nationals from the afflicted regions?

i don't think you really know what a tax write of is or how it works

besides, you're minimizing his contribution

Back
Top Bottom