Eddie Murphy Not To Play Pryor in Biopic (but guess who might be...)

Originally Posted by All Ready

impressions wise, eddie griffin is also good at mimicking pryor
eddiemurphy-raw.jpg

Game, set, match

I saw Requiem, my question to all you film scholars is this?

How hard is it REALLY to act like a drug addict?

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

DubA169 wrote:
maybe this is all for the best. I mean lets be real, what was the last role eddie murphy shined in?

0.jpg

-
smh.gif
@ anyone not being able to recognize Murphy's skills on the big screen. its as if an actor has to get/take nothing but the best highest grossing films for their skills to be considered relevant by todays sheep.

- make no mistake Murphy is playing those that think he doesnt have it anymore.......playing yall right to the bank. Murphy knows exactly what he's doing with his career now-a-days....getting that Disney money, caking up.....word to Ice Cube and Martin Lawrence.
he's done about 8 BS children movies and then about 4 horrible movies. I'm pretty sure he's set financially. No idea what highest grossing films has to do with anything, this movie is not going to be a blockbuster with or without him. He's not playing anybody. of course eddie murphy can act.... but it takes work to do a movie about one of your good friends. You have to really prepare, and I just don't think he was up for it.

who knows what really caused him to drop out....

and people really like to throw the word "sheep" around way to much these days
laugh.gif

- 8 BS childrens movies?

Mulan
Daddy Day Care (100+ million net profit)
Dr. Dolittle
Dr. Dolittle 2
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek 3
Nutty Professor
Nutty Professor 2

....and these are BS movies?? care to retract that statement chief? i count 9 great children themed films that people loved and profited alot of money, and ileft his BS ones off
eyes.gif

- bs?......BS? maybe you mean a different word. and i cant stand Shrek but im not blind to its popularity. which btw i see Shrek was so BS they're making afourth one
laugh.gif

- fact is, while he's being knocked for his more adult themed works he has been putting in work on the other front, and is still a master of his craft.remember you said:
DubA169 wrote:
maybe this is all for the best. I mean lets be real, what was the last role eddie murphy shined in?

- from what i posted above i see he's still shining....just not shining where you'd like him to. which has nothing todo with his ability to pull off this role, and that whats real.

- as far as him playing his friend, well those are personal demons, and i dont know Murph personally. i just know as long as that man has been putting in workthis role should be no problem for him.

...dont like being called a sheep, dont act like one. "what was the last role Eddie Murphy shined in"
roll.gif
, and this dude was dead serious too.

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

lol Marlon is a serious actor tho. def not the strong silent type but he gets in a role and stands out because he is a diff kind of talent. good kind of different too
really?

white-chicks.jpg

I don't think people doubt Murphy's ability to act, they doubt his career choices.

Dude is one of the most talented actors in Hollywood, but his career choices seem to be based on money not on roles. He had a lot of options after Dreamgirlsand he does Meet Dave?

I hate to say it but Eddie is too old. As much as I am not a Wayne's fan, Marlon will do a good job with this.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

lol Marlon is a serious actor tho. def not the strong silent type but he gets in a role and stands out because he is a diff kind of talent. good kind of different too
really?

white-chicks.jpg
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]You could say the same for Eddie.[/color]
rasputia.jpg

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BTW, has anyone seen Jojo Dancer? It's basically an autobiography.[/color]

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

You could say the same for Eddie.
not really...sure he has some of those types movies...but over his career...he's had a lot more serious roles than Marlon Wayans has.

ummmmmmm.............

whats your definition of "serious"?

in my opinion... yes
but I actually like the pick.

I was just saying that Marlon isn't exactly who I think of as a serious actor.

Originally Posted by gambit215

I saw Requiem, my question to all you film scholars is this?

How hard is it REALLY to act like a drug addict?

- you know....thats what has me wondering if this is going to be a movie based on his whole life or a small portion of it. i mean they've already done thewhole life thing in JoJo Dancer. and while i dont see it making any sense to redo that over again after Rich did it they did make this afterall:

ali-(2001).jpg

.....after Ali played himself in this (based off the same timeline):

greatest.jpg

- and was abig reason why i couldnt get into ALI, because i seen ALI play himself first. i mean like......how do you top THAT?

- add to that ALI's swagger was wayyyyy meaner tha Smith's. Smith came off as some cheap imitation (word to Van Pebbles playing Malcom X
eyes.gif
).

.....DAMN! it just hit me, who i think could really play this role, and do it right aside from how much he doesnt look like rich (but with Hollywood today theycould pull it off)....

jaime-foxx.jpg

It's a hard call to make, but considering how legendary Pryor is, whoever the studio decides to cast will probably have the chops to pull this off.It's not a role that can be picked lightly.

DubA169 wrote:

0.jpg

-
smh.gif
@ anyone not being able to recognize Murphy's skills on the big screen. its as if an actor has to get/take nothing but the best highest grossing films for their skills to be considered relevant by todays sheep.

- make no mistake Murphy is playing those that think he doesnt have it anymore.......playing yall right to the bank. Murphy knows exactly what he's doing with his career now-a-days....getting that Disney money, caking up.....word to Ice Cube and Martin Lawrence.
he's done about 8 BS children movies and then about 4 horrible movies. I'm pretty sure he's set financially. No idea what highest grossing films has to do with anything, this movie is not going to be a blockbuster with or without him. He's not playing anybody. of course eddie murphy can act.... but it takes work to do a movie about one of your good friends. You have to really prepare, and I just don't think he was up for it.

laugh.gif

- 8 BS childrens movies?

Mulan
Dr. Dolittle
Dr. Dolittle 2
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek 3
Nutty Professor
Nutty Professor 2

....and these are BS movies?? care to retract that statement chief? i count 9 great children themed films that people loved and profited alot of money, and i left his BS ones off
eyes.gif

- bs?......BS? maybe you mean a different word. and i cant stand Shrek but im not blind to its popularity. which btw i see Shrek was so BS they're making a fourth one
laugh.gif

- fact is, while he's being knocked for his more adult themed works he has been putting in work on the other front, and is still a master of his craft. remember you said:
DubA169 wrote:

- from what i posted above i see he's still shining....just not shining where you'd like him to. which has nothing to do with his ability to pull off this role, and that whats real.

- as far as him playing his friend, well those are personal demons, and i dont know Murph personally. i just know as long as that man has been putting in work this role should be no problem for him.

...dont like being called a sheep, dont act like one. "what was the last role Eddie Murphy shined in"
roll.gif

I didn't know cartoon movies and eddie in a fat suit or talking to animals proved that eddie murphy shined in movies and can still act
eyes.gif

what does daddy day care making 100 mil have to do with what I'm talking about? what do i care about his money situation? get the mans penis out yourmouth. could have done a real role, chose not to. i don't know why though

DubA169 wrote:

0.jpg

-
smh.gif

laugh.gif

- 8 BS childrens movies?

Mulan
Dr. Dolittle
Dr. Dolittle 2
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek 3
Nutty Professor
Nutty Professor 2

....and these are BS movies?? care to retract that statement chief? i count 9 great children themed films that people loved and profited alot of money, and i left his BS ones off
eyes.gif

- bs?......BS? maybe you mean a different word. and i cant stand Shrek but im not blind to its popularity. which btw i see Shrek was so BS they're making a fourth one
laugh.gif

- fact is, while he's being knocked for his more adult themed works he has been putting in work on the other front, and is still a master of his craft. remember you said:
DubA169 wrote:

- from what i posted above i see he's still shining....just not shining where you'd like him to. which has nothing to do with his ability to pull off this role, and that whats real.

- as far as him playing his friend, well those are personal demons, and i dont know Murph personally. i just know as long as that man has been putting in work this role should be no problem for him.

roll.gif

I didn't know cartoon movies and eddie in a fat suit or talking to animals proved that eddie murphy shined in movies and can still act
eyes.gif

what does daddy day care making 100 mil have to do with what I'm talking about? what do i care about his money situation? get the mans penis out your mouth. could have done a real role, chose not to. i don't know why though

-
eek.gif
roll.gif

- you win.
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

dude at the end of the day i'm just really salty he dropped out. I was looking forward to him in this movie
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom