ELDERWATSONDIGGS STORIES THREAD VOL %100 REAL

EWD we ready for the next story. Tell us
tongue.gif

It's fine to want consistency, it's another to actually do something about it.  If you're not reporting content, you're doing nothing to help. 

There's nothing cheaper or easier to do in this world than to criticize.  

Put yourself in my position for a moment.  There are 24 hours in a day and THOUSANDS of new posts per day.  You are NOT going to spot everything.  You aren't.  When we do come across something, we're going to enforce the rules and we do that more frequently than you'll ever know.  For every deletion or warning you're aware of, there are countless others you weren't even aware of.  

thats the issue, the inconsistent threads are some of the LARGEST ongoing threads on NT. you're right you can tsee everything but the biggest offenders are kinda hard to miss.

but this is the usual goto response, the "we cant see everything"

i remember the days where some of these questionable threads certain mods participated in, then when the axe was put on those same mods came through whistling like the had no idea :lol: (that might be why we dont see those mods around too much anymore)

hey man, you get no argument from me, just an observation.

Some of yall need to chill and let it be. These dudes trying to prove a point are gonna mess around and turn this into Disney talk. It's supposed to be a G rated site, the mods let a lot of PG stuff slip through the cracks, every now and then someone gets called out on it.

A post got deleted, big deal, just let it ride and enjoy the site.

Last edited:
I never understood how words get deleted but NT has "Fat booty Latin big boob appreciation" threads everywhere lol. Just seems a little paradoxical but it's good with you, it's good with me 
smile.gif

I didn't think the story was that bad btw, seems like your average TAY/POF dialogue.
Hey man dont be ******* around and get our appreciation threads deleted. If they do its on you my g
Do cats really think dry snitching is cool these days? 
mean.gif

EWD needs to hit this thread with another fairytale ASAP. 

Last edited:
thats the issue, the inconsistent threads are some of the LARGEST ongoing threads on NT. you're right you can tsee everything but the biggest offenders are kinda hard to miss.
Again, I've already explained where the line is drawn with respect to the "appreciation" threads.  If pubescent teens want to post pictures of women in bathing suits, fine.  Now, sometimes users cross the line and in those cases we delete the content and, if necessary, take action against the user responsible.  

Should we close the ENTIRE thread due to the "elevated risk" of potential violations?  I don't see anyone in here making that argument.  I just see people using these threads as an excuse.  

We closed the original "TAY," and for EXACTLY the same reason that a content deletion was performed in this thread.  

As several people have already mentioned, we've also closed quite a few "appreciation" threads where violations became all too common.  If you want me to ban any and all "appreciation" threads as a matter of course, that's an extreme step and I'm not yet convinced that our fellow members are so bereft of self-control that they can't be trusted with so simple a responsibility as restraining the content they post in accordance with our rules.  

So, it's 100% incorrect to suggest that we're somehow ignoring or turning a blind eye to "TAY" and appreciation threads when we've locked so many of them.  And, guess what?  When we do, people whine about that, too.  

User complaints often abide by the Mel Brooks axiom, "Tragedy is when I cut my finger.  Comedy is when you fall into an open manhole and die."  When the deletion strikes close to home, it's an outrage.  When it doesn't, it's either entertainment or business as usual.  If you want to talk inconsistency, let's start with that.  

Now, I will readily admit that I don't go into the "appreciation" threads every day to proactively scan for violations.  If it's reported, it's acted upon.  Will staff members check in periodically?  Yes.  You're acting like we have to be in there 24/7 just because it's a big thread, and that's not an efficient or effective way to operate.  

Call me when someone actually wants to shut down all "appreciation" threads and isn't just clumsily wielding them as some sort of rhetorical device.  

Call me when someone actually wants to shut down all "appreciation" threads and isn't just clumsily wielding them as some sort of rhetorical device.  
All I needed to hear 
pimp.gif

and nuna yall better be calling Meth up niether. Stop with this foolishness aite? Shut down all appreciation threads...geeze louise 
mean.gif

You guys forget the regimen is tact and Meth is a company man sucking off the company ****. But you cannot say anything to homie, this forum is only upon to exchange of thoughts amongst us the "common folk" not when it pertains to how this place is managed.

[COLOR=#red]My bad...rules are rules even if they are sometimes not evenly enforced. I have no beef with Meth.

Later tonight I'm going to post my overall hoop stories...I'll try to keep the name dropping to the minimum, and I'll also give insight about the under the table benefits of college sports...in this case I really have to be vague because anything more would be dry snitching. It should be interesting for the majority of you in here.

Edited to add: And let me put this in here so I don't forget...I have a story when I tried to impress the daughter of the richest man in the world at the time (The Sultan of Brunei), and it totally backfired on me :smh:
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]My bad...rules are rules even if they are sometimes not evenly enforced. I have no beef with Meth.

Later tonight I'm going to post my overall hoop stories...I'll try to keep the name dropping to the minimum, and I'll also give insight about the under the table benefits of college sports...in this case I really have to be vague because anything more would be dry snitching. It should be interesting for the majority of you in here.

Edited to add: And let me put this in here so I don't forget...I have a story when I tried to impress the daughter of the richest man in the world at the time (The Sultan of Brunei), and it totally backfired on me :smh:
[/COLOR]

very curious about that last story.

How did you end up with the Sultan of Brunel anyway??

You guys forget the regimen is tact and Meth is a company man sucking off the company ****. But you cannot say anything to homie, this forum is only upon to exchange of thoughts amongst us the "common folk" not when it pertains to how this place is managed.
eyes.gif
  I know this is way before your time, but exactly which "company" was I (or anyone here) serving when we started the site in 1999 and established these very same policies?

The rules predate our advertising.  In the early days of the site, Nelson C and I personally covered the cost of removing all of the ads out of our own pockets.  The rules were the same.  Get your facts straight before you step with nonsense like that.

We started NikeTalk because we were sick and tired of seeing racists and hormone-addled brats ruin the existing community experience with hateful, offensive, and inappropriate content.  Our policies were drafted to that end.  

If we wanted to be authoritarian about it, we'd brook no discussion on the matter and simply delete any and all complaints.  We don't do things that way.  

View media item 1118599

I make no apology for the fact that NikeTalk is designed for a diverse audience.  That's why we started the site in the first place.  

As we've proven countless times over the years, there's plenty of fun to be had within those boundaries.  Don't go to an NBA game and leave mad because it didn't have enough nudity. 

The story at issue could easily be edited to comply with the site's terms of service.  Now overreact.

Let me get this straight, you guys rather have raunchy stories than appreciation threads?

You guys do realize if there's gonna be an improvement in consistency, it's not going to be the way of leniency. Things are just gonna get stricter across the board.

Back
Top Bottom