Eminem : Revival

Only on NT can you look at a tracklist (with zero context, zero idea about production, etc.), and have an opinion on an album. :lol:

I saw that on his IG and thought the same thing.

At least MMLP2 had a K Dot feature

yeesh @the tracklist

ay but what if Em overcomes this adversity and delivers a certified classic, would he be the greatest to ever do it? :nerd:

what if that was his plan, purposely sabotage the album and try to pull thru like a 2 min drill :nerd: #staywoke

Last edited:
Classic Em > new Em
Old Em used to be a lyrical beast. I still remember how he outshined Jay Z on the ''Renegade'' track. #facts

Paging @wavycrocket , he'll tell you Fab, Paul Cain and Jay was better than Em on that song. Then he'll say Wayne was even better. HAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Irv Gotti came out recently and said Em killed Jay on that song. I remember Snoop saying he would be mad if Em killed him like that, wouldn't want him on his album.

Apparently that song is what made Em fly to NYC to get in the studio w bruh lol

He said Em took 2chainz off the song to put him on there :lol:

But it wasn't good at all. :lol:

Yep, that song was terrible, and may have been the worst song on a pretty forgettable album.

Also, almost 17 years later and people still forget Em’s Renegade verse was already done for months and Jay still didn’t have a verse close to it :lol:

Yep, that song was terrible, and may have been the worst song on a pretty forgettable album.

Also, almost 17 years later and people still forget Em’s Renegade verse was already done for months and Jay still didn’t have a verse close to it :lol:
Wasn't Renegade supposed to be on Royce's album? I believe it sat cause of the beef between Royce and em at the time. The og version is fire. That's also why I hated that Nas line, it wasn't originally a jayz song that he gave em a feature on.

Wasn't Renegade supposed to be on Royce's album? I believe it sat cause of the beef between Royce and em at the time. The og version is fire. That's also why I hated that Nas line, it wasn't originally a jayz song that he gave em a feature on.

Nah, if anything it makes Nas line more potent. Jay already knew what Em spit for however long he had the song for and still couldn’t come up with something better.

l still don't feel like Em killed Jay on that song. Seems like people just run with that just because. Em's verse was great but what Jay was saying connects more with me.

Mfers,
Say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
That same dude you gave nothing, I made something doing
What I do through and through and
I give you the news, with a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
The renegade, you been afraid
I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
Pop toasters, and they live with they moms

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent of lives lost on the project bench
What you hollering? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in
By the bodega, iron under my coat, feeling braver
Doo-rag wrapping my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me, I'm awkward, I box leftier often
My pops left me an orphan, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown, 'specially on nights
I brought something home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor, thirty years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raisin green up
Raisin my fingers to critics, raisin my head to the sky
Big I did it, multi before I die (*****)
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

Jay Z doesn't really say Em was better than him on ''Renegade'', but he did say that he didn't go as hard as Em, and then he explains why? etc.

Last edited:
Paging @wavycrocket , he'll tell you Fab, Paul Cain and Jay was better than Em on that song. Then he'll say Wayne was even better. HAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Irv Gotti came out recently and said Em killed Jay on that song. I remember Snoop saying he would be mad if Em killed him like that, wouldn't want him on his album.

To both of these quotes... sometimes I think people blow it out of proportion that Em killed Jay on this song. Yes, Em did good, but to say oh he killed Jay, took his soul, made him look foolish etc. etc. is overboard.

Now the part about Jay knowing what Em was going to spit and still couldn't come up with something better... bruhs in that point in time Em was a beast and hardly anyone was seeing dude like that.

But in the end look how their careers ended up... Jay is considered in the Mt. Rushmore of Rap and Em is an afterthought to most.

to add to Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius point

Jay verse resonated more with people...Em from a technical standpoint went in, but Jay was talking more relatable...”do you fools listen to music or do you skim through it” holds true in this debate

05E4F3E9-2260-4C84-BF07-4B9C8634B95F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom