Eminem : Revival

this seems like a classic rap song... like Beastie Boys or Run DMC, LL Cool J type steez

Lyrics are hard, beat not my flavor but I appreciate it.

2nd half of the song is tough as hell tho!!!

And streets act as a narrator
Don't gotta read comics
Or be that into characters
just to see that just to be black
you better be strapped, with a derringer
or be "capped in America"
like Steve Rogers

So they call it a Kapernick tantrum
if you don't stand for the national anthem
We raised it, you better praise it
or you'll be made to feel like a traitor we'll
Treat you like Rodney Dangerfield
Home of the brave is still racistville
So the whole nation feels like a plantation field
In a country that claims that its foundation was based on united states ideals
That had its Natives killed
Got you singing this Star Spangled spiel
to a piece of cloth that represents the land of the free that
made people slaves to build

Bars for days. Em can't be touched lyrically. I understand if you don't like the "music", but don't act like this dude can't spit.

People saying he's trash lol...if this is trash, I'd love to here what this other music is called.

Dude still spit flames. His past issues have been his voice (screaming, word voice), subject matter, beats, and most importantly FLOW.

Dude lyrically didn't body Jay on Renegade. But his flow did. The rhyme scheme and then way he delivered those bars is what made him so sik. Ems bar construction is still elite, just depends on the flow of delivery and how it sounds wit the beat

People are wild calling this trash. What because you can't dance to it? Listen to the songs and the lyrics. The dichotomy between white and black is not only reflected in the lyrics but the actual music.

People are wild calling this trash. What because you can't dance to it? Listen to the songs and the lyrics. The dichotomy between white and black is not only reflected in the lyrics but the actual music.

LOL. Eminem's problem has never been content and technical aspects, it's been his delivery and production in recent years. Great content and concept, trash everything else. "because you can't dance to it" :rofl: :rofl:

The second half of this song is cool though

LOL. Eminem's problem has never been content and technical aspects, it's been his delivery and production For a the past decade + Great content and concept, trash everything else. "because you can't dance to it" :rofl: :rofl:
Fixed. Em been trash for a long time now.

Nobody is saying Em can't spit. Dude just can't write a song to save his life.
Exactly. For the most part I liked Relapse but everything else that came after it has truly been absolutely horrendous to me. All that technical skill is great and all but what's the point if he can no longer write a song that actually sounds good. I really can't think of any post-Relapse Em song that I like.

about 5 songs in
so far I only like Kehlani vocals on nowhere fast
skip the song with pink, it's more her song with a guest appearance by Em

^^

Trap Shady

edit: I can't listen to a whole album of this, however, the last 2 songs really drew me in.

I think this is his final album. I really hate the beats on this. It'd be nice if he put out acapella versions of his songs and let people make their own beats like how Jay did w Black Album

Last edited:
Remind Me is torture. Actually sat out the whole thing too when really I should've just skipped it as soon as the guitar came in. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom