EMS QUESTION

For EMS shipments, you can follow it up by calling the number below :

854-5257

Just be ready with your EMS tracking number. An EMS tracking number starts with an E followed by another letter and then 9 numbers then 2 letters representingthe country code of the post office where the package originated. Here are sample numbers below :

EB 416 466 989 US (from USA)

EE 415 102 829 TW (from Taiwan)

EI 348 505 615 JP (from Japan)

EE 702 830 557 HK (from Hong Kong)

EQ 000 181 665 AU (from Australia)

Packages from the US arrive in Manila in 4-7 calendar days (as long as the the 3rd or 4th day is not a holiday, saturday or sunday) depending on what state itcame from. Packages sent from the West Coast states of the USA like California arrives 1 or 2 days earlier compared to those sent from the East Coast like NYC.Packages from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Australia arrive much quicker, normally in 3-4 calendar days because these countries are nearer to the Philippines and/orhave more daily flights to the Philippines.

In my opinion, Postal Service Express Mail is the best shipping option when buying kicks from abroad. It is much cheaper than UPS, DHL, or FEDEX (unless theseller has a business account with these courier services and they have preferential rates. A seller once sent out a pair of shoes to me before via DHL and thecharge was only $35 and it arrived in 4 days) , it arrives in no more than 2 weeks and you can track it online. And the best thing is customs authorities arenot that stringent in checking packages and charging duties and taxes when sent thru the post office compared to the other bigger courier companies like DHL orFEDEX.

And for shipments from the U.S.A., the difference in shipping rate between Priority Mail and Express Mail is only $5-$7 per pair of shoes (express being moreexpensive) and so with all the other benefits of EXPRESS MAIL, it's the best shipping option.

Hope this helps.

Hi

May nagooffer sa akin na nakachat ko sa isang car forum. Nagwowork daw sya sa johnny air....6dollars per pound daw.....

Pag dalawang rubber shoes eh ilang pounds yun? (kasi yung sa akin nag try ako two pairs sa digital weighing scale eh zero pounds pa rin)

2 pairs of shoes will be 7-8 lbs depending on the size. That estimated weight is based on my normal shipments of sizes 10.5-11

Johnny Air Cargo should be cheaper now since they base their rates on the US$.

Hi kingcrux31

Nag-message na sa akin.... Check nyo kung ok yung price(wala kasi ako idea kung mura ba or mahal)
normally sa transit time will be 3 to 5 days only upon receiving sa head office namin sa New York.

Kapag rubber shoes lang po normally mga 3 lbs o ito kasama yung box. Depende po sa bigat, please see my example computation.

Airfreight Rates

New York to Manila $ 6.00 / lbs
Chargeable Weight 3 lbs.
$ 5.00 Handling fee
Payable to JAC $ 23.00 or Php 936.10

Ok yung sa Johnny Air or mag EMS na lang ako? Kasi sa post ni revelation218 sa page 2 eh 7dollars lang per pair of shoe. So kung two pairs eh 600pesos langbabayaran ko sa EMS.

Johnny Air Cargo is definitely cheaper so take that option if that's available. Unfortunately, JAC's network in the US is not that wide and so theremay be areas in the US where JAC is not available or where proximity to the branch is an issue.

Johnny Air Cargo uses another parcel service (USPS I think, if not UPS) to deliver packages outside its covered areas in the US.

EMS will cost you more than 3,000 pesos for sending 2 pairs of sneakers to one US address. A little over 2,000 pesos for the 1sst pair. I still don't knowwhy they haven't lowered their rates. EMS Philippines has the highest rates compared to other Asian countries and even the U.S.A. For the nth time, thePhilippines Postal Corporation should be privatized to compete with local cash cow couriers (i.e. Air21, 2GO, LBC, etc.)

Thanks kingcrux31 and revelation 218

Mali pala computattion ko sa EMS. Mas mahal pala
grin.gif

Paano breakdown nyo yung sa computation sa EMS?

I've had it with EMS!

I suggest you just go with Priority Mail service if you're gonna have stuff shipped from the US. Waiting 3-4 weeks is better than dealing with corruptlocal customs appraisers, examiners and collectors.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen how they segregate incoming EMS packages. If the recipient lives in a posh neighborhood, the package won't be delivered and it has to bepicked up from the EMS office in Pasay where they will open the package and tax it inappropriately.

Priority Mail would be something like $5-6 cheaper than EMS for a pair of shoes but the difference per shoe gets smaller if you have more than a pair shipped

i just ordered a pair on ebay. hey Rev, Johnny Air Cargo ba yung sa Yankees and Mr. BBs mo? how much exactly pag 1 pair?

^^^ Nope, those were shipped EMS, pareng TMAC.

Mr. Basketballs will cost you $65-$75 EMS due to the weight of the steel locker. Yankees will be $45-$50 per pair

oh alright..thanks rev.
happy.gif

Airfreight Rates

New York to Manila $ 6.00 / lbs
Chargeable Weight 3 lbs.
$ 5.00 Handling fee
Payable to JAC $ 23.00 or Php 936.10
how about this one? how long until i receive my pair with JAC?

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

I've had it with EMS!

I suggest you just go with Priority Mail service if you're gonna have stuff shipped from the US. Waiting 3-4 weeks is better than dealing with corrupt local customs appraisers, examiners and collectors.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen how they segregate incoming EMS packages. If the recipient lives in a posh neighborhood, the package won't be delivered and it has to be picked up from the EMS office in Pasay where they will open the package and tax it inappropriately.

Good thing I don't live in a posh address.
laugh.gif
Seriously though,I've never had problems with EMS yet. So far, so good. I'm expecting another package this week. Let's see how it turns out.

USPS Airmail/Priority = 4 to 5 weeks / pick up at local post office

USPS EMS = 4 to 5 days / door-to-door delivery

how about this one? how long until i receive my pair with JAC?
the NY offices only sends out packages on fridays.dumadating packages sa pinas a week and a day or two after.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Good thing I don't live in a posh address.
laugh.gif
Seriously though, I've never had problems with EMS yet. So far, so good. I'm expecting another package this week. Let's see how it turns out.

Got my package without any hitches. Still perfect with EMS.
happy.gif

Hi revelation and kingcrux.... anyone....

may nagsabi sa akin kung magpapa-balikbayan box daw ako eh yung ALAS from california? Ok ba yun? 35-40$ daw.....

Pag balikbayan box kailangan ko ba ideclare kung magkano ang laman....hindi na bubukasan yung package and wala na tax di ba...

Kasi ang ipapadala ko eh Porter Cable 7424, Klasse AIO and SG(1 liter each), Stoner Invisible Glass(1 dozen), Duragloss Glass Cleaner, Aqualpel, PakshakMicrofiber, Chemical guys Microfiber.......Nike Air Force 1 (karamihan pang detailing ng kotse)

Pag ganyan hindi na mahigpit sa customs di ba.....

Totoo din ba pag Johnny air na balikbayan box eh hindi na daw binubuksan sa customs?

thanks

Out of Topic- Saan kayo bumibili ng silica packs?

Sa loob ng shoes nyo ba nilalagay or around the shelve?

ALAS takes 4-6 weeks. No need to declare the items, like what you just did.

thanks kingcrux

Pero yung binanggit ko no tax na yan di ba? First time ko kasi magpapabalikbayan box..... Kasi baka bigla ako itax....personal use lang....

ALAS boxes (also other sea freight balikbayan box services) don't go through the normal customs screening and boxes are never opened.

Back
Top Bottom