EMS QUESTION

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

naghahabol ng collection ang gobyerno natin. Kaya walang ligtas kapag bibili online kasi siguradong subject for custom tax.
smh.gif

ouch. this is the reason why i avoid buying shoes and stuffs online

is the qc central post office open tomorrow? got a package coming from taiwan thru ems

Originally Posted by jau014

naghahabol ng collection ang gobyerno natin. Kaya walang ligtas kapag bibili online kasi siguradong subject for custom tax.
smh.gif

it doesn't have to be that way if you know where to ask for help
wink.gif

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

smh.gif

wink.gif
Maxtempo96 knows....
pimp.gif

smh.gif

wink.gif
Maxtempo96 knows....
pimp.gif
any tips??
happy.gif

who should i ask?
laugh.gif

smh.gif

wink.gif
Maxtempo96 knows....
pimp.gif
any tips??
happy.gif

who should i ask?
laugh.gif

ask ka kung sinong may paypal account kung gusto mo magpabili ng sapatos
happy.gif

smh.gif

wink.gif
Maxtempo96 knows....
pimp.gif
any tips??
happy.gif

who should i ask?
laugh.gif

ask ka kung sinong may paypal account kung gusto mo magpabili ng sapatos
happy.gif

i see.. might be a dumb question..but what difference will it make if i ask from someone who has a paypal?
roll.gif

Jau, refer to Tony's (Maxtempo96's) sig. He ships from the U.S. through Johnny Air Cargo (JAC). That way, you can avoid the hassle of going to thecustoms and paying their lucrative fees.
smile.gif

maybe you don't understand but there's a difference between asking for help and asking for a hook up.
wink.gif

^Dude, that's why the guy is asking for help coz he doesn't know what to do. Perhaps you can explain it. If not, then you're not helping at all.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by sickchasedsam

Jau, refer to Tony's (Maxtempo96's) sig. He ships from the U.S. through Johnny Air Cargo (JAC). That way, you can avoid the hassle of going to the customs and paying their lucrative fees.
smile.gif
oww..i'm not paying attention to his sig
laugh.gif

thanks sam
smile.gif

experts, quick question, is it true that if the package arrives in your house and youre there to recieve it, youll be spared with being charge of the customs tax as opposed to simply receiving the card and claiming the item from the post office? so what im basically asking is if youre available to receive the package at home you wont be charged with the custom's tax and if youre not around to receive it and theyll leave the claim card, thats the only time youll be subjected to custom's tax?

thanks!

i don't think EMS will deliver straight to your house (metro manila), i think you need to go to their office for customs inspection. They taxed me for my pair even if it's valued low ... For fedex (in my experience), they will deliver straight to your house but you still have to pay the necessary taxes to them before they release the item...

EMS will deliver your goods right on your doorstep. but if you receive those cards it means you have to go to their office to pick up your package..and of course if that happens you have to bring some cash

Originally Posted by Flashout01

EMS will deliver your goods right on your doorstep. but if you receive those cards it means you have to go to their office to pick up your package..and of course if that happens you have to bring some cash

This.

i do hope they deliver to your house and tax free ... all my EMS deliveries were picked up in their Pasay office even with a low declared value, maybe i'm not so lucky... I just hate the fact that you pay for shipping and yet you still have to pick up the items in their office

^^^ The customs people know that most of the people who buy stuff from abroad will have it marked as gift and declared at a low value. They are not buying that anymore. It's still good dudes get to negotiate for a lower tax than what the customs initially charges. And they get rewarded for making their collection targets and that's why they are so keen on taxing almost everything that comes their way LOL

Anyone here knows someone from Fedex (Parañaque)? I ordered 12 caps from hatclub.com, Fedex called me telling that I need to pay a 6,950php tax first before they deliver my package. Man! That's too much! I hope someone here can help a brother out. TIA

Originally Posted by superswag

experts, quick question, is it true that if the package arrives in your house and youre there to recieve it, youll be spared with being charge of the customs tax as opposed to simply receiving the card and claiming the item from the post office? so what im basically asking is if youre available to receive the package at home you wont be charged with the custom's tax and if youre not around to receive it and theyll leave the claim card, thats the only time youll be subjected to custom's tax?

thanks!
Even if you're there to receive it or not, if it's subject for inspection, they'll leave you with the notice only. There are a lot to consider. First, what is the type of shipping service did you choose, if it's Prority Mail, chances are, you'll receive a notice and you'll pick it up at your local post office which I think is better than EMS office since you can talk to the personnel in-charge there and haggle all the way. If it's Express Mail or EMS, it will depend on the item shipped to you. If it's just a small stuff like a shirt or jacket especially a second hand one and has a declared value of $50 or less, they'll deliver it to your address and just pay the P35 releasing fee. If it's a big package or has a declared value of $50 and up, pray that the custom officers will spare you from big taxes. Most often than not, you will have to pick it up at the EMS office in Pasay and pay the necessary taxes that you will not understand how they came up with it. They'll give you chance to haggle anyway.
laugh.gif
But if they'd say they are targeting to reach a certain quota, they mean exactly that. HTH

thanks also for this info soul228! i was wondering which door to door delivery doesnt require us to pay taxes.... it seems that according to everyone no matter which courier you choose youll have to pay taxes no matter what... cuz i remember back in the day, i think we received a balikbayan box package from the US (via LBC if my memory serves me right) where my timberland boots was included... and i used this experience as basis that somehow, there a way/courier that still delivers door-to-door w/out charging you with taxes... i guess the days of receiving door-to-door packages w/out having to pay anything are long gone...

Back
Top Bottom