engagement /marriage thread.

Yep - I’m actually at a wedding this weekend - 35 people have already cancelled

My wedding is Labor Day Weekend - already getting nervous lol

I’m in the same boat. Ours isn’t til July 25th. Luckily all we’ve paid is the deposit. I’m not anticipating canceling our wedding just yet but I will admit those whole coronavirus has me a bit worried. Especially since my girls family is coming from japan and I have family supposed to be coming from Italy.

Yeah I'm in Boston but my fam is from LA and I got family coming from London. We probably have around 70 percent paid for to lessen final deposit load but unsure if the state is going to put some event people cap threshold to actually cancel it/not allow to happen.

We were suppose to go to the Philippines for honeymoon via Hong Kong but had to cancel since travel ban so currently have no where planned.

We were the only Americans invited to a French wedding outside Paris in August - zero chance we go to that now

Any NTfam got a wedding coming up ?

I'm getting married next month and don't know how much this coronavirus is going to affect the day for travel or refunds or what not.

Mine is the end of May. We already cancelled the honeymoon to London/Paris.

Watching it closely.

Mine is the end of May. We already cancelled the honeymoon to London/Paris.

Watching it closely.

Damn yeah the honeymoon is the best part after the whole process - I've been actively looking at places without Coronavirus we saw some cheap flights to cape verde and an all inclusive there but then it flies through Portugal and they just added that euro ban.

Yeah I had a couple lawyer friends look at contracts, I'd lose out on deposits but might be eligible for any excess paid if the state imposes some sort of large event gathering ban like in SF where the warriors playing in empty arenas.

Damn yeah the honeymoon is the best part after the whole process - I've been actively looking at places without Coronavirus we saw some cheap flights to cape verde and an all inclusive there but then it flies through Portugal and they just added that euro ban.

Yeah I had a couple lawyer friends look at contracts, I'd lose out on deposits but might be eligible for any excess paid if the state imposes some sort of large event gathering ban like in SF where the warriors playing in empty arenas.

Yea the large event gathering would get ours cancelled. For the most part our venue is doing the majority of stuff so at least it won’t be haggling with a lot of individual vendors.

Welp..

Guess I'm next.

Anybody that bought off James Allen in here and wasn't happy with their purchase?

I've been doing a bunch of research online and they seem to be the best bang for my buck. Trying to skip out on the local chain jewelers.

The other option is a local mom n pop but with this virus ****, trying to limit going from store to store if possible.. although I really would like to see what I'm getting.

how much yall spending on rings?

i've heard some people say that after a wedding things in the relationship change.

any truth to this?

Welp..

Guess I'm next.

Anybody that bought off James Allen in here and wasn't happy with their purchase?

I've been doing a bunch of research online and they seem to be the best bang for my buck. Trying to skip out on the local chain jewelers.

The other option is a local mom n pop but with this virus ****, trying to limit going from store to store if possible.. although I really would like to see what I'm getting.

I used rare carat. Found the best diamond I could for my budget and had the ring made via the shop that sold it. Overall very easy process. Took about 2-3 weeks to get my ring tho.

SInce we can't look at rings in person I bought a ring sizer on Amazon that came in yesterday. I got home and asked her to stand up. I got down on one knee...

and proceeded to try each size ring until I found the right one. :lol:

My original plan was to size her while she was sleeping but this seemed more fun to me.

Never married the girl that inspired me making this thread. Glad I didn't.

Currently happily married. Spent 3gs on the rings and about 1 on the wedding.

The ring and the ceremony don't mean anything if she isn't the one.
Crazy how life works

Feels kinda weird that all my bestfriends are married and have had their first kid or about to have them. I enjoy my freedom but I can ask all of them about buying rings if I ever get the urge to settle down.

Was invited to a wedding Hawaii in October, but we know we're not attending.

Wife's close friend is getting married in Hawaii next October/November 2021. Planning on attending that.

Back
Top Bottom