engagement /marriage thread.

Feels kinda weird that all my bestfriends are married and have had their first kid or about to have them. I enjoy my freedom but I can ask all of them about buying rings if I ever get the urge to settle down.
Enjoy it, man. I hope you don't feel pressured.

Welp..

Guess I'm next.

Anybody that bought off James Allen in here and wasn't happy with their purchase?

I've been doing a bunch of research online and they seem to be the best bang for my buck. Trying to skip out on the local chain jewelers.

The other option is a local mom n pop but with this virus ****, trying to limit going from store to store if possible.. although I really would like to see what I'm getting.
Try to see if there's a family diamond like grandma's or have you told her parents?
Spent only 950 on a diamond band and used a fam diamond. And 600 each on the band splurged in my band. Sorry for my fat fingers.
Also just pick 3 of the 4 color and clarity, and anywhere between 5 and 6mm surface area would look somewhat noticeable but but would be in the $3-4k range

Attachments

• 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200425165840081_COVER.jpg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200425165840081_COVER.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 499
Also was supposed to get married April 25 but all the corona stuff happened, so postponed da party to May 2021. We ended up doing the backyard wedding at the now in-laws house with my parents zooming in from LA and extended fam and her sister got the online ordainment within the week.
Would highly recommend lol

Welp..

Guess I'm next.

Anybody that bought off James Allen in here and wasn't happy with their purchase?

I've been doing a bunch of research online and they seem to be the best bang for my buck. Trying to skip out on the local chain jewelers.

The other option is a local mom n pop but with this virus ****, trying to limit going from store to store if possible.. although I really would like to see what I'm getting.

I would recommend James Allen. Great bang for the buck. Great Customer Service. Great selections for women's engagement and wedding bands.

For Men's wedding bands, I would recommend snmetalwork on insta.

Was supposed to head to Guinea to renew our vows back in April, bought her a new engagement ring as well, then corona hit. Had to cancel all of the plans with several family members. Disappointed. We now must wait until September.

Was supposed to head to Guinea to renew our vows back in April, bought her a new engagement ring as well, then corona hit. Had to cancel all of the plans with several family members. Disappointed. We now must wait until September.

Why not just postpone until next year?

Family. If we must postpone, we will.

We didn’t want to postpone twice so just went from LDW to May 2021.

I’ve heard of people move their dates from now to September - going to stink when they have to postpone AGAIN.

We didn’t want to postpone twice so just went from LDW to May 2021.

I’ve heard of people move their dates from now to September - going to stink when they have to postpone AGAIN.
Hopefully it won't happen. We have family there, and we are in communication with them.

Hopefully it won't happen. We have family there, and we are in communication with them.

Assume you won’t have as much travel - my older family members from NY (and hers from across the pond) traveling to CA isn’t something we were willing to risk.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

I used rare carat. Found the best diamond I could for my budget and had the ring made via the shop that sold it. Overall very easy process. Took about 2-3 weeks to get my ring tho.

Dope, thanks for the reply my g. I'll check it out.

I would recommend James Allen. Great bang for the buck. Great Customer Service. Great selections for women's engagement and wedding bands.

For Men's wedding bands, I would recommend snmetalwork on insta.

Yeah, thus far I've been impressed. Thanks for the confirmation/recommendation

I was supposed to get married in Sept but we canceled it. Too much of a hassle to plan it. We're doing the courthouse thing when the offices open up and using the wedding money we saved up to move to another state. We might do a wedding party or do a traditional African ceremony next year.

Has anyone ever had a Brunch Wedding? I've seen some pictures and the more i think about the idea the more it seems better. Who doesnt love brunch? Just wondering if anyone here has had one or been to one

I was supposed to get married in Sept but we canceled it. Too much of a hassle to plan it. We're doing the courthouse thing when the offices open up and using the wedding money we saved up to move to another state. We might do a wedding party or do a traditional African ceremony next year.
Same here. We’re doing the Courthouse then a family get together brunch/lunch afterwards. No rush at all with circumstances we’re in.
Saving the funds for a re-location.

She has family diamonds she wants to use. Any recs on places that will let you use your diamond then mount it on a band And make a ring?

Same here. We’re doing the Courthouse then a family get together brunch/lunch afterwards. No rush at all with circumstances we’re in.
Saving the funds for a re-location.

She has family diamonds she wants to use. Any recs on places that will let you use your diamond then mount it on a band And make a ring?

So, we decided to not have a courthouse wedding. We'll have a small get together and do it in a park or something for August 1st. Right now, it's difficult to obtain a license here in NYC (through the portal) so we're going to long island to get it (just scheduled it today) done. We already booked a one-way tix for Sept 1st. We're getting this ball rolling.

As far as your question: You'll have to see someone local. You can do it jamesallen.com but I'm not sure if you want to ship your stone. My wedding band was ordered by them and my girl's ring was make by a friend of ours.

being in this thread again has triggered something that bothers me. how many dudes propose to their girls without basically knowing for sure they're gonna say yes? in fact, why would you do that? there's no damn way I wanna be married to someone unless I have a good idea of what kind of person she is. my wife and I dated and lived together for years before we got married. I knew damn well she was gonna say yes way before I even thought about buying a ring. we discussed getting married BEFORE I proposed. anyone that gets rejected on a proposal basically deserves that embarrassment (I think - I could be wrong though).

So, we decided to not have a courthouse wedding. We'll have a small get together and do it in a park or something for August 1st. Right now, it's difficult to obtain a license here in NYC (through the portal) so we're going to long island to get it (just scheduled it today) done. We already booked a one-way tix for Sept 1st. We're getting this ball rolling.

As far as your question: You'll have to see someone local. You can do it jamesallen.com but I'm not sure if you want to ship your stone. My wedding band was ordered by them and my girl's ring was make by a friend of ours.
A Small get together In a park sounds nice. My friend got married like this it was.

Posted in TAN but forgot about this thread. Got married on the 23rd of June. We basically just hired a photographer and she scouted some places for us. We rented a cabin in the woods in Virginia and hiked a bit in the Shenandoah and knocked it out. We had reached out to an officiant a month prior he agreed and met us there and we did it.

Back
Top Bottom