Entourage (final season 8 ) thread Vol. The End (9/11 10:30PM EST) SERIES FINALE =[

to the people that wonder why the "haters" keep watching, we obviously loved the show at one point when it was in it's prime and keep hoping that it will return to form.

btw criticism isn't "hate"

Originally Posted by treewing

Originally Posted by lana85

I think Ari's wife is a lesbian. She said she's discovering things she never knew about herself.
AAAAYYYYEEEEEEE!!!! You're probably right!
eek.gif
eek.gif
Interesting thought. It's already been revealed who it is, though. Watch the trailer if you want to see it.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]mrs. ari + sloan..... [/color]
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]. sload could always get it tho. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]vince trippin with the movie proposal.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]poor ari at the end, my dude.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]E stays gettin dumped.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]turtle is ******ed. wasn't a great opening of the season but still, love me some entourage. [/color]

Why did Ari wife and Sloan call it quits on E and Ari again? Turtle is the size of E now lol

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I swear I don't think Entourage has ever had a good season premiere according to Niketalk.
People complain and say the same thing every week, yet continue to watch and add their comments regardless. Same routine every season via NT

It's light hearted entertainment. Nothing more.
Nice try but I was actually on the other side of the debate just last summer. IIRC, NTer King Arthur is/was a heavy detractor of Entourage and I didn't agree with him at all. I thought last season was good. This episode sucked. There is no reason to sugarcoat anything. Maybe, hopefully actually, the next episode will be good. But this one wasn't. 
 I have to watch because I have to finish it. I'm not watching 7+ seasons and stopping with just seven 30min episodes left. 
Nice try but I wasn't speaking at all about the episode. I was speaking about the overall NT response every year via these threads.

They have tried way too hard to keep Vince a prominent character in the show. Drama and Ari have the best subplots. Focus on those. It's too messy now with that slimy troll that is E's partner.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Ari better pull some nice #%+ since his wife is dippin' out on him

After she told him she was seeing someone else (spoiler:
Spoiler [+]
Bobby Flay I guess?
) I kept thinking that it would be hilarious if he pulled Lizzie
laugh.gif

Only compelling/interesting characters remaining on this show are Drama, Ari, and Scott. The latter seems to be disliked in this thread, but he can actually act and steals just about every scene he's in. Or maybe it's just because he shares most scenes with Connolly.
laugh.gif

Wasn't much of a season premiere, but like most I'm going to see the show through.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I really hope they make that Lifetime movie for Drama.
I want to see an actual Johnny's Bananas cartoon.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Why did Ari wife and Sloan call it quits on E and Ari again? Turtle is the size of E now lol
-Mrs. Gold was embarrassed at the tapes that were leaked against Ari of him acting a fool (his usual self, though) at the agency, slandering women in general, and was fed up with him constantly on his phone and at the office and not spending time with her.
-We don't know why why Sloan ended the engagement with Sloan yet. That definitely threw me off to start the episode with that happening, but I'm sure they get back together.

Originally Posted by bkmac

We don't know why why Sloan ended the engagement with Sloan yet. That definitely threw me off to start the episode with that happening, but I'm sure they get back together.
Because she asked for a pre-nup.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Ari better pull some nice #%+ since his wife is dippin' out on him

After she told him she was seeing someone else (spoiler:
Spoiler [+]
Bobby Flay I guess?
) I kept thinking that it would be hilarious if he pulled Lizzie
laugh.gif
Lizzie and Dana Gordon were the first two to come to mind
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

-Mrs. Gold was embarrassed at the tapes that were leaked against Ari of him acting a fool (his usual self, though) at the agency, slandering women in general, and was fed up with him constantly on his phone and at the office and not spending time with her.
-We don't know why why Sloan ended the engagement with Sloan yet. That definitely threw me off to start the episode with that happening, but I'm sure they get back together.
I think the pre-nup situation was part of the E/Sloan split. too. They did mention it last night for a second

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

We don't know why why Sloan ended the engagement with Sloan yet. That definitely threw me off to start the episode with that happening, but I'm sure they get back together.
I forgot to mention the pre-nup in my post. I'm sure that's part of the reason, but I'm sure there is more to it.

Is it safe to say Sloan is just as much a #%@+! as Mrs. Gold, or is that a reach?

Originally Posted by DubA169

to the people that wonder why the "haters" keep watching, we obviously loved the show at one point when it was in it's prime and keep hoping that it will return to form.

btw criticism isn't "hate"

In this day and age, and on NT, apparently it is.  (The S&T forum is even worse.  Can't criticize any player without being called a "hater" by someone, but I digress). 

Another thing that bothered me about how they jumped into this season was how the E/Scott takeover of Murray's management company had already happend and we didn't get to see it.  IMO, that would have been a pretty compelling plot line to let play out through a season.  To me, it was a little implausible that it took E/Scott (I know there were supposed to be others involved) just a few weeks to boot Murray out and start running the show.  But whatever, its not like I started watching this show for its realism.     

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

I forgot to mention the pre-nup in my post. I'm sure that's part of the reason, but I'm sure there is more to it.

Is it safe to say Sloan is just as much a #%@+! as Mrs. Gold, or is that a reach?
It's a reach, you have to look at it from her standpoint. She comes from a very wealthy family and she's marrying a man who up until recently was completely dependent on the success of his sole client's unstable career, so naturally her father would ask for a pre-nup which most likely set off a chain of events that led to their break up. Mrs. Ari just seems like a coldhearted #$*%+ right now, besides the fact that Ari Gold is a potty-mouthed workaholic what did he do to deserve this from her?

I think there has to be more than the pre-nup that caused Eric and Sloan to split. If I remember correctly it was actually Sloan's dad that wanted Eric to sign the pre-nup and she didn't know anything about it.

Or maybe just the simple fact that when she found out it and that Eric didn't sign it she didn't like that

The only good thing about this episode was the plethora of women that showed up instantly to the party.  Everything else seemed predictable.  Anyone else notice how blatant they made it that E was mad at Vince for not calling him?  
indifferent.gif
 Talk about beating a dead horse with all the sarcastic snaps at Vince.  

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Might have to do with Eric and Scott taking over the company, too. Didn't Sloan hook him up with that job?

That's what I thought. And I think Murray is her godfather.

I am very disappointed. I saw the episode it was hokey, and just badly written. They shorten the finale to 8 episodes, when all the stuff that happened between seasons could have served as more episodes. And vince being sober is not the way to finish a series. Another good show that seems to be headed to a bad ending.

Back
Top Bottom