Entourage (final season 8 ) thread Vol. The End (9/11 10:30PM EST) SERIES FINALE =[

Show should have ended years ago, or at least have had better storylines/writing. Same predictable, rehashed stories season after season.

Also, that ending sucked.

They did what they could in the half hour timeframe

I don't know if the last scene with Ari was so that we would be talking about it like the Sopranos, or if its a clear as day hint that they're doing a movie.

Ending was CORNY!

Vince gets married in 24 hours.. E & Sloan gets back together and Ari quits.

That last scene means Ari gets a spinoff or the movie is coming. I'm excite about that tho.
pimp.gif

Ugh. I came into this season hopeful for some reason... and part of me was still hoping they wouldn't totally @*%$ the bed for this finale, but man... that sucked.

Really? A marriage in the series finale? Did Doug Elin write this from a "how to end a show" mad lib or something? I love how the guys flat out lied to Sloan about Eric sleeping with Melinda, always a good start. That awful ending with Sophia saying how amazing Vince is... is that the lesson of the show? The movie star is awesome? The marriage makes no sense, even for Entourage.

Clearly setting up/planning for a movie. Terrance swearing to kill Eric was unresolved (or just a dumb plot point), the pregnancy, and Ari with his job offer. Ari's storyline was the best thing from this season, and while the conclusion should have been obvious to everyone, it was still the right thing to do for him to quit his job for the family, that was the only answer.

I'm sure people who liked the finale or those who think all criticism is bad and that makes me "salty" or a hater will just say "it's not that serious, it's just a entertaining show" to which I'll reply "duh". But the show had moments of good television and potential to be both an entertaining look into guys living the life and provide a satire regarding Hollywood life with the occasional strong dramatic storyline. The biggest complaint I have for the show is it just stopped being funny. Then add the fact that the writing/acting is awful so the "drama" was force fed and there was never any real threat of Vince failing/dying, the guys bottoming out, etc. It always worked out in the end.

In the end, Entourage is like a lot of shows that started strong, hit their prime, then dropped off dramatically in the final seasons. Where it's different is not many shows have such a huge following while continually putting out subpar material. I probably expected too much from the writers/actors to deliver something of value in the finale and last season. I'll just black out the last couple seasons and only rewatch the earlier stuff.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

That deal from Terrance 
eek.gif
eek.gif

MIND=BLOWN
What's even more mind-blowing is that isn't Terrance
laugh.gif

It was John, the chairman of Time Warner, who owns Warner Brothers among other things.

Still a hell of a deal and pitch.

Edit: for those asking, the deal was for Ari to take over John's position as chairman of Time Warner. He'd be able to buy his football team, have control of a studio, cable networks, etc.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Ugh. I came into this season hopeful for some reason... and part of me was still hoping they wouldn't totally @*%$ the bed for this finale, but man... that sucked.

Really? A marriage in the series finale? Did Doug Elin write this from a "how to end a show" mad lib or something? I love how the guys flat out lied to Sloan about Eric sleeping with Melinda, always a good start. That awful ending with Sophia saying how amazing Vince is... is that the lesson of the show? The movie star is awesome? The marriage makes no sense, even for Entourage.

Clearly setting up/planning for a movie. Terrance swearing to kill Eric was unresolved (or just a dumb plot point), the pregnancy, and Ari with his job offer. Ari's storyline was the best thing from this season, and while the conclusion should have been obvious to everyone, it was still the right thing to do for him to quit his job for the family, that was the only answer.

I'm sure people who liked the finale or those who think all criticism is bad and that makes me "salty" or a hater will just say "it's not that serious, it's just a entertaining show" to which I'll reply "duh". But the show had moments of good television and potential to be both an entertaining look into guys living the life and provide a satire regarding Hollywood life with the occasional strong dramatic storyline. The biggest complaint I have for the show is it just stopped being funny. Then add the fact that the writing/acting is awful so the "drama" was force fed and there was never any real threat of Vince failing/dying, the guys bottoming out, etc. It always worked out in the end.

In the end, Entourage is like a lot of shows that started strong, hit their prime, then dropped off dramatically in the final seasons. Where it's different is not many shows have such a huge following while continually putting out subpar material. I probably expected too much from the writers/actors to deliver something of value in the finale and last season. I'll just black out the last couple seasons and only rewatch the earlier stuff.
Co-sign everything you said.  Exactly what I was thinking, but articulated much better than I could of (in my current, somewhat inebriated state).  

What was the after show thing they were talking about that would be on HBO GO. I'm on it now and I can't find what they were talking about.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

A great ending??!! What??

If there people here really believe this was a great ending I have to contemplate suicide because all my faith in humanity will be lost.

This episode season and the past 2 seasons have been mostly pure unadulterated garbage strait for Mark Walburgs +%*+%!!, which people apparently eat from with a disturbing level of glee. It was nonsense, nothing made sense all and they betrayed all the characters by making them do things that they would never do all to serve a 1/2 an hour time limit.

So I'm a rich man I pay a manager and an agent a hefty salarie to watch over me and my finances and my career, I meet some !*@* and in the span of 2 days I decide marry her possbly giving up half my fortune and everybody is just cool with it. They have never even met or talked to her for than like a second and they are just cool...not only that but mere months ago I got obssesed with a girl and she gave me coacaine habit and which I had to go to rehab for aaaaand in the past my infatuation with mandy moore cause me to almost kill my career...BUT WITH AAAAAL OF THAT SAID they are barley going to even ask me 2 quesitons when I decide to MARRY her??!!! What!!! none sense garbage. Terrible.  

and im not even going to talk about the trite trakly garbage with ari or the mornic conept of some ceo coming and just offering to GIVE his company to OWN for no reason at all, basically here is a free billion dollars enjoy, I know it doesn't make any sense but we only a 1/2 an hour and we a have a movie to tease.

It WASN'T EVEN AN ENDING.

The show has been poor to downright ****y for like 3 seasons and this just put the final cherry on the turd sandswhich they left for us.
tired.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

take it easy my man.sheeesh

What a horrible ending/last few seasons in general.  Thankfully it's over and I won't ever watch it again. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fadeaway88

They did what they could in the half hour timeframe 
They could of damn well push this out to 45mins, or even an hour if they wanted too. 
Originally Posted by DMoney82

Ending was CORNY!

Vince gets married in 24 hours.. E & Sloan gets back together and Ari quits.

That last scene means Ari gets a spinoff or the movie is coming. I'm excite about that tho.
pimp.gif
Agreed.
Ari spinoff would be great, he makes the show in a lot of cases. 

The finale was pretty good imo. I do think that they rushed things with Vince and Sophia I mean getting married after 24 hrs really? Everyone knew that E and Sloan would get back together,he's probably gonna go back to his company after getting back together but I think that his fling with Melinda might cause some problems later on.
Now Ari,crazy how the entire series he was always working and finally at the end he left it all to be with family. Pretty good move on his story I just wish that Dana would find someone
laugh.gif
. I wouldn't mind 
devil.gif
. As for the scene at the end,I think that Ari's probably gonna refuse the offer at first but Mrs Ari will see how huge this is and convince him to go. An Ari spinoff would be great,the ceo of a whole entertainment brand and hopefully they'd include some of the cast from the show in it but I think that they'll save that for the movie.
Pretty much it was happily ever after for everyone which isn't a surprise for the kind of show that it is. I kinda felt bad for Scott at the end the way he was excluded from everything. As much as 90% of you guys stayed bashing this season,I thouroughly enjoyed it. Not the best season or one of the best by any means but still enjoyable. Can't believe it's all over though 
frown.gif
,one of my fav shows of All-Time. Hopefully they make the movie quick. 

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Now I know I'm not the only one who fapped to Mrs. Gold!
eek.gif

didn't fap, but got damn!

i posted this before, but i completely zoned out after seeing that— didn't even know why the dude was calling ari.
laugh.gif

I'll definitely miss this show, my favorite episode was the sherpa kilmer was hilarious
laugh.gif
. This season was not one of the best but it was good especially the last 2 episodes. Can't wait for the movie
pimp.gif

Nothing too special about the finish, kind of what we expected. Can't wait for the movie, hope it doesn't plot Vince's wedding, that would be waaaay to much like sex and the city...

I caught on to this show REAL late. I'm talking watching seasons 1-8, two weeks prior to today late.
laugh.gif

I loved this show and I will have to agree that it slacked in the last couple of seasons. Ending last night was meh, Ari Gold is the man though.
pimp.gif

Can't wait for the movie(s) to come.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom