Entourage is not a very good show.

Hell I think I even made a few official threads back in the day... I was always hyped.

The show peaked in the sense that I no longer expect anything new from it. The conflicts were always going to be resolved, and they were never much anyway. You always knew what would happen regardless of the "drama" they would create. Did we really think Vince would never get a movie again? or that he'd be forced to move back to Queens? Of course not. And just in time, the magic phone call from Scorsese comes and Vince is a megastar again.

The dramedy is a difficult category, and that's what Entourage is in. Not funny enough to be considered a straight comedy to me, and then there's enough dramatic storylines to pull you away from the funny. I look to shows like Californication, that can seamlessly blend strong and well developed characters, with dramatic elements and throw in hilarious moments throughout. That's what I hoped Entourage would be, but it's not.

I take it for what it is... basically a 23 minute getaway where you try to see the good life of a movie star and his pals. There's going to be good looking women, some laughs, Ari being mean (although he's been nicer recently), and there will be some "drama" that might push the story along. The article's last point is great too, I won't stop watching despite the obvious flaws in the show.

Agreed with everything dude wrote, just not the conclusion.

Entourage is EXACTLY what it is sets out to be: Sex, Living in excess, Sex, Women, Cali Lifestyle, Sex and the biggest theme, Friendship and brotherhood.

Sex and the city is the same damned thing... but geared toward women. Where's the hate there?

Entourage is EXACTLY what it is sets out to be: Sex, Living in excess, Sex, Women, Cali Lifestyle, Sex and the biggest theme, Friendship and brotherhood.

Sex and the city is the same damned thing... but geared toward women. Where's the hate there?

theres so much you can do after a couple seasons.....especially trying to keep the "funny" factor......from season 1 i knew eventually this would happen...

still my fav current show though

theres so much you can do after a couple seasons.....especially trying to keep the "funny" factor......from season 1 i knew eventually this would happen...

still my fav current show though

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Basically. SMH @ dudes watchin this show with Lost-like expectations. Need to just accept the show for what it is. Not one person here can tell me that Ari Gold on his own is not worth watching every single Sunday.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Basically. SMH @ dudes watchin this show with Lost-like expectations. Need to just accept the show for what it is. Not one person here can tell me that Ari Gold on his own is not worth watching every single Sunday.

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

this show is trash along with the wire, and all the other HBO shows you people hype up

I agree with this statement to a certain extent(The Wire is absolute trash), but HBO came through with "curb your enthusiasm" & "Bored to Death", good stuff.

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

this show is trash along with the wire, and all the other HBO shows you people hype up

I agree with this statement to a certain extent(The Wire is absolute trash), but HBO came through with "curb your enthusiasm" & "Bored to Death", good stuff.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The music & women make the show....and I think I found the ONE actor who Keanu Reeves is better than.....Adrian Grenier. Dude sucks.
I couldn't agree more.  With that being said, I will be watching this next season. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The music & women make the show....and I think I found the ONE actor who Keanu Reeves is better than.....Adrian Grenier. Dude sucks.
I couldn't agree more.  With that being said, I will be watching this next season. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom