Eric Koston X Nike SB

High Snob had a feature about the Koston 2 including pics.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/03...-5-favorite-features-of-the-nike-sb-koston-2/

Eric Koston Breaks Down His 5 Favorite Features of the Nike SB Koston 2
By Luis Ruano posted on March 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Since launching an all-out takeover on the skateboarding world more than 20 years ago, Eric Koston has long been regarded as the gold standard in progressive skateboarding, and an undeniable legend. With the release of his latest signature model, the Eric Koston 2, the legend continues to grow. Designed with an unparalleled balance of fashion and function, the Koston 2 showcases a casual sophistication without compromising performance and innovation. Picking up where Eric’s best-selling Nike SB debut left off, Koston’s latest creation features a refined, contoured shape coupled with added interior airflow for the utmost comfort and cushion. Further expanding on his revolutionary introduction of Lunarlon technology in the world of skate, the newly re-engineered Koston 2 offers custom outsole diamond grooves to emphasize complete control for the streets. We caught up with Eric for a quick chat on his 5 favorite features of the new Nike Koston 2, which are offered below. Further insight into the shoe design can be found here.

Sock Liner – Its more anatomically form-fitting, which has helped a lot with my heel pain troubles and arch support. Its much more form-fitting (than the Koston 1) and its paid off.

Inner-Bootie/Tongue – It being all one-piece makes it glove-like. I hate when my feet move around in a shoe.

Heel Counter – The mesh window provides a crash area, which is something I got from running. The heel counter has this window that sort of acts like a break area, so during impact the counter will stay right above your heel, around your achilles to hold with it as it crashes. Its something they did with running (Nike). When you’re constantly running, you don’t want your foot to slide up and down.

Thread – We made the thread a little thicker. It makes the shoe last longer, even if its just 2mm of extra rubber. It helps with stability. People were complaining about the Koston 1 going bald too soon, when it came to the thread. This is helping that a lot without losing any board feel.

Breathability – The shoe has perforations, which are really subtle, but create a cool looking pattern and allow for more breathability. We started playing with different perfs, and when we came upon this slit design, it looked good and become more accentuated as the shoe moved.

Last edited:
Like I said before the Easter Pinks are mehhh at best...

The Black / Pink, Black / Gold will be copped on Monday...

saw the black/pink and black/gold today. alllllmost bought em both but bought too much from yahoo japan recently so i had to resist. they are very nice.

Picked up some Pink Koston 2's on the low

One pair for myself and the other two will be Easter presents 
smile.gif

Last edited:
that pic of the pinks looks so much better. Getting to the states for vacation on the 18th of April, wonder if i will be able to find them round somewhere

Although the koston 1s classics in my eyes, I think I might like the overall design of the 2 better. They still kept it simple and minimal but it seems like the detail on these are really good. That's what I like in my shoes. Subtle yet detailed

Last edited:
Nice pic as always Stuntman Mike. They do look better on feet. How do they compare versus the K1? Do they fit the same? Is it more comfortable or the same?

pretty solid IMO. I think they look great. Pi 55 ed that PYS accepted my order initially and then cancelled it today. Thanks for that Richard Tease. :smh:

saw the black/pink and black/gold today. alllllmost bought em both but bought too much from yahoo japan recently so i had to resist. they are very nice.

ughhh i still need to become well versed in that link you sent me a while ago! i can only imagine what you've bought! :nerd:

anddd is that jacket KOSTON is wearing made by Nike?

Didn't even realize those pink kostons were limited. I've only got the K1 mints, but the K2 pinks brought me here. Not going to ask for handouts or info, cause I'm a firm believer in doing work on your own... or just heading over to feebay.

Nice pic as always Stuntman Mike. They do look better on feet. How do they compare versus the K1? Do they fit the same? Is it more comfortable or the same?
i'm sure i could tell a difference if i used them to skate but for now, they feel pretty much the same on foot as the k1. maybe they hug the feet a little nicer. i had to get a 9.5 instead of my usual 9 in the pinks because the shop i got them from didn't get a fsr so it's a little hard to tell.

hey guys, not a skater at all, but really like the koston 2s.. i think these:

Nike Eric Koston 2
Black/Metallic Gold
580418-070
04/01/13
$90

were supposeed to come out today but i can't find them. can anyone help me out?

Got my K1's from SPOT today...That brings my total for the model to 11 pairs over the course of their run...Def a classic in my book...

Picking up a couple pairs of K2's next week so I can get started on this model as well...Killer skate shoes all the way around and even better for just lounging...

Does anyone know where I could find the Pink 2s from? I'm currently in New York on vacation from Australia so any help will be great!!

Back
Top Bottom