ESPN = Fox News of Sports?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

ATH and PTI is really the only 2 things I watch outside of games so I wouldn't know
I'd also add the amazing 30 for 30 docs. As far as news wise, ESPN sucks ! I have NBA tv,NFL Network, plus the MLB and Hockey channels if i want to get news on a certain sport. 

How is ESPN the "Fox News of Sports" when ESPN has been around a lot longer than Fox News?

ESPN is the best, point blank period...so if ESPN wasTo go what else would you watch the Vs. Channel, NBA Tv isthe worst

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

How is ESPN the "Fox News of Sports" when ESPN has been around a lot longer than Fox News?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

ESPN is the best, point blank period...so if ESPN wasTo go what else would you watch the Vs. Channel, NBA Tv isthe worst

Cats hatin on ESPN???? Like seriously??

ESPN got you watching Womens Soccer so stop it............................

lol its sports for christ sake. i mean theyre pretty bad but what alternative do we have?

Every ESPN show is scripted. Reporters are told which side of the argument to be on and rarely give an honest opinion.

I enjoy a number of their programs including OTL PTI around the horn rome is burning and of course SC... all day every day...

no complaints here.

the "@%%#! in the armor" headline for Lin's poor game last night was a little rediculous and surprising coming from espn... I also don't like how they embrace stories like Tebow and Lin and shove em down your throat...

I enjoy NBATV when it comes to highlights for NBA games. so much more thorough in the 2 minutes

How is NBC's new sports channel fairing? I dont even know what channel its on. Can television companies for anti-trust/monopoly issues? If so, has it ever happened before?

Originally Posted by abutta13

lol its sports for christ sake. i mean theyre pretty bad but what alternative do we have?

Exactly. It's not even that bad; yall are tripping
laugh.gif

Comparing a news network that pushes stories to fit their political agenda is comparable to ESPN who's only fault is that they're hella corny ??

ESPN airs what they think people are interested in. Tebowmania happened, they noticed people wanted to see Tebow, they played dude constantly. Linsanity? Same thing.

I agree the personalities suck but you do have alternatives. With technology how it is nowadays? You have acccess to every city's sports section of their main newspaper and their main sports talk radio station on your cell phones. Go cop that
laugh.gif

First it was Favre.
Then Tiger.

Then LeBron.

Then Tebow.

Now Lin.

I'm very glad that I don't have a TV.

ESPN 
indifferent.gif
 I used to love you.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

How is NBC's new sports channel fairing? I dont even know what channel its on. Can television companies for anti-trust/monopoly issues? If so, has it ever happened before?
far as the product on NBC, it's not great (I'm sure it will get better) -- but they actually discuss *gasp* sports. I've moved over to that channel if I need to catch up with a Sportscenter-esque show. 

the channel formerly known as Versus. I think the official name now is NBC Sports Network.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

the channel formerly known as Versus. I think the official name now is NBC Sports Network.

Whaaaaaaaaa?
laugh.gif
When that happen? I haven't watched ESPN other than games in years. No point. If I need highlights I go to ESPNEWS, but even that is changing.

can't watch sunday NFL countdown - just awful so i watch NFL network instead - better and funnier
usually watch PTI

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yep. Their sensationalism, Northeastern bias, failure to objectively report, and knack for hiring complete numbskulls is grounds for worst sports network on the planet. Ironic that ESPN is the Fox News of Sports, and not Fox Sports.
laugh.gif

Well said

it's amusing when dan patrick rips his previous employer (ESPN) on his sports talk radio. ESPN doesn't allow their talent's to go on the dan patrick show, but other network companies they are allow to go on.

Back
Top Bottom