ESPN = Fox News of Sports?

that "*+#*# in the armor" mess was disgusting.

ESPN is so horrible.

I really find it hard to watch anything on there.

Pti is crap, sports reporters is crap, etc...

its always funny to hear people defend espn with "its just sports"

no, its not "just sports"... its big business and it sculpts the minds of masses.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

that "++*@% in the armor" mess was disgusting.

ESPN is so horrible.

I really find it hard to watch anything on there.

Pti is crap, sports reporters is crap, etc...

its always funny to hear people defend espn with "its just sports"

no, its not "just sports"... its big business and it sculpts the minds of masses.

You can't be serious
indifferent.gif

If ESPN has any part in sculpting your mind, thats your own problem
eyes.gif

IT IS just sports
laugh.gif

Because sports don't consume people and affect their life? While you may be able to seperate sports and not have it 'sculpt' your mind, values and beliefs, don't assume everyone can.

But ESPN is just the product of a media conglomerate. All are corporate owned, all have the Propoganda Model applied to them

Originally Posted by swooshallday

it's amusing when dan patrick rips his previous employer (ESPN) on his sports talk radio. ESPN doesn't allow their talent's to go on the dan patrick show, but other network companies they are allow to go on.

NOt to argue cause it was actually one of the subjects of the interview (why ESPN wont allow their employees to call into Dan's show) but Mike Tirico was on Dan's show friday.
does anyone know the Reasons why Dan left the show? theres gotta be more than Dan just "wanting to pursue other interests outside of ESPN"

ESPN had a half-assed apology as well.
30t6p3b.gif

IMO, Jason Whitlock should have been fired from Fox Sports for his tweet...and the ENTIRE editing department (or whoever was responsible for letting this caption fly) should be canned as well.

I don't watch one minute of ESPN aside from there being a game pm that I want to catch... Nothing on there interests me whatsoever. I rarely go to the website anymore either. Message boards handle most all my sports news consumption.

laugh.gif
have yall seen the latest ESPN Headline for Hines Ward

"no happy Ending"

sdafadsfahdshadsh;hasdfsaf

they Dont even give a !+%%

I read the ESPN book, there's a lot of egos/frat-boy mentality going on at Bristol.

I haven't watched ESPN programming besides games or the 30 for 30 series. They have truly shifted into the Entertainment part of their name.

What do you guys mean?

Deadspin.com

Bristolmetrics: SportsCenter Said "Lin" More Often Than "If" Or "But" Last Week
This is a regular feature breaking down, minute-by-minute, the content that appears on ESPN's 11 p.m. edition of SportsCenter throughout the week.

MOST-MENTIONED ATHLETES
we counted how frequently names were mentioned in the Sportscenter transcripts from the week. The 15 most-mentioned sports people for Feb. 10-16:

Jeremy Lin: 350 mentions
LeBron James: 70
Tiger Woods: 61
Peyton Manning: 56
Phil Mickelson: 46
Kobe Bryant: 44
Blake Griffin: 42
Carmelo Anthony: 37
Amar'e Stoudemire: 32
Dwyane Wade: 30
Chris Paul: 26
Jim Irsay: 24
Rajon Rondo: 23
Tim Tebow: 22
Randy Moss: 20
Notes:
Lin's 350 mentions destroyed the record of 154 mentions set by Tim Tebow in the first edition of Bristolmetrics. That shakes out to 0.93 Jeremy Lin mentions per minute. Jeremy Lin's name was uttered more times than "if" (132) or "but" (241); his last name alone was mentioned 291 times, more than "are" (229), "be" (216), or "what" (207).

You got your Tebow in my Lin: Even though the two stories have very little in common, ESPN couldn't stop themselves from trying to combine the forces of Linsanity and Tebowmania. Tebow was mentioned 22 times this week; 20 of those mentions involved Jeremy Lin. Thanks to ESPN, we now know what Lin thinks of Tebow (he's a fan), and what Tebow thinks of Lin (he's a fan, too).

[h1]Bristolmetrics: Jeremy Lin’s Knicks Got More SportsCenter Coverage Last Week Than All Of Men’s College Basketball Did[/h1]This is a regular feature breaking down, minute-by-minute, the content that appears on ESPN's 11 p.m. edition of SportsCenter throughout the week.

MOST-MENTIONED ATHLETES
we counted how frequently names were mentioned in the Sportscentertranscripts from the week. The 15 most-mentioned sports people for Feb. 17-23:

Jeremy Lin: 181 mentions
Kevin Durant: 68
LeBron James: 61
Carmelo Anthony: 56
Tiger Woods: 51
Dwyane Wade: 39
Kobe Bryant: 34
Russell Westbrook: 30
Dirk Nowitzki: 27
Ryan Braun: 27
Blake Griffin: 25
Phil Mickelson: 22
Dwight Howard: 20
Amar'e Stoudemire: 18
Deron Williams: 18
Notes:
• The Knicks by themselves received more coverage (69 minutes) than all of college basketball (66 minutes)

I mean, I am a bleeding heart liberal and all, but lets not insult fox news like this.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
have yall seen the latest ESPN Headline for Hines Ward

"no happy Ending"

sdafadsfahdshadsh;hasdfsaf

they Dont even give a !+%%

I was gonna ask what's wrong with this headline then I remember that Hines has an Asian parent (mother?).
laugh.gif

And RyGuy I'm surprised those Lin stats aren't higher.

Back
Top Bottom