ESPN NBA Analyst Ric Bucher says DROSE is Better than LEBRON?!

I have a hard time believing people still say Bron has no jumper. I mean he didn't always have it but Bron will out shoot rose and drive better then rose any day of the week. I still don't know who told Rose he had a 3. But Rose > CP if that helps.

D rose is in his 3rd yr right? lebron in his 8th?

Premature statment by Bucher but could true in a few years

I wouldn't say LeBron can shut down Rose just yet. I'll have to see him do it all game long. Rose didn't sub out at all in the 2nd half and you could tell he was gassed.

I'm not saying he can't, I just need to see it over a longer period of time throughout the game.

I wouldn't say LeBron can shut down Rose just yet. I'll have to see him do it all game long. Rose didn't sub out at all in the 2nd half and you could tell he was gassed.

I'm not saying he can't, I just need to see it over a longer period of time throughout the game.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

right.  you guys are reacting off ONE and a 1/2 quarters of play.  I think Lebron's the best player in the league (although he has no post game, and refuses to work to make his jumper more consistent the way Rose did [even though evidence shows Rose still has a long way to go])

If he had made this comment before the playoffs would there even be as many people in here up in arms?

right.  you guys are reacting off ONE and a 1/2 quarters of play.  I think Lebron's the best player in the league (although he has no post game, and refuses to work to make his jumper more consistent the way Rose did [even though evidence shows Rose still has a long way to go])

If he had made this comment before the playoffs would there even be as many people in here up in arms?

Who cares about all this reporter attention whoring? He got what he wanted out of it: People talking. I mean, had he made the statement about this subject that was the extremely obvious truth, no one would be talking about it and no one would create a thread about it on this forum. These ESPN analysts have found a niche and they're rolling with it: Come with some provocative statement that isn't true just so their names can get mentioned more.

Who cares about all this reporter attention whoring? He got what he wanted out of it: People talking. I mean, had he made the statement about this subject that was the extremely obvious truth, no one would be talking about it and no one would create a thread about it on this forum. These ESPN analysts have found a niche and they're rolling with it: Come with some provocative statement that isn't true just so their names can get mentioned more.

lebron in his 3rd year > rose right now
lebron at age 20: 27.2ppg, 7.4rpg, 7.2apg

lebron at age 21: 31.4ppg, 7.1rpg, 6.6apg -> these are the stats lebron put up in his 3rd year.

rose will never be better than lebron b/c he doesn't dominate defensively, isn't as efficient offensively, and isn't as versatile on both ends. 

lebron in his 3rd year > rose right now
lebron at age 20: 27.2ppg, 7.4rpg, 7.2apg

lebron at age 21: 31.4ppg, 7.1rpg, 6.6apg -> these are the stats lebron put up in his 3rd year.

rose will never be better than lebron b/c he doesn't dominate defensively, isn't as efficient offensively, and isn't as versatile on both ends. 

Originally Posted by Nako XL

lebron's midrange jumpshot is at 45% in te reg season, that's better than KD and kobe bryant. what more do you want? 
bucher did make this statement before the playoffs, and he was still ignorant then. he's just more ignorant now b/c these guys are going against each other 1-on-1 and bron is shutting him down. facts are in front of him and he's still living in his dream world. 

lebron's midrange jumpshot is at 45% in te reg season, that's better than KD and kobe bryant. what more do you want? 
bucher did make this statement before the playoffs, and he was still ignorant then. he's just more ignorant now b/c these guys are going against each other 1-on-1 and bron is shutting him down. facts are in front of him and he's still living in his dream world. 

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

some of you guys man...just because Lebron stopped Rose a couple of times doesn't mean he can really guard him. It's like when analysts were saying that Noah could guard Wade because he shut him down one time..SMH..

In all honesty I still believe Rose has a better offensive game the Lebron.If you have seen Lebron through his whole career then you can clearly see that he has some holes in his offense. He's actually a bit limited. He tends to drive a bit or shoot outside shots. Yes he makes mid range shots once in awhile, but he doesn't really have a mid range game nor a post one. Lebron is just blessed to be as big and as quick as he is, it really helps his game a lot.

Rose just tends to take way too many 3's. But in terms of a really solid offensive game, Rose has a bigger arsenal of moves and shots to get what he wants to get. Lebron is just really good at making the shots he's used to making.However, Rose can do more though.

Now defense is another thing..and I would definitely give that to Lebron. Rose tends to lag when it comes to screens and he seems to not care so much.
Rose himself said that "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you". How can people still say that he has no jumper when he shot 51% and shot 45% from mid-range,the best numbers of his career. All his shooting %'s were better than Rose this year and overall he had better offensive numbers than rose despite the fact that he's also playing with one of the best offensive players in the league.. How exactly would you say that he's limited when he can score from virtually anywhere. What can Rose do more? Prettier lay ups? Explain. Not salty,just curious.

Rose is a great player all around but to say that he has a better offensive game is questionable since he put up worse offensive numbers being the number 1 scoring option on his team than LeBron who's had to share the load with D-Wade. Even during the post-season,Rose hasn't played like the MVP he was during the season while LeBron has been the best player in these playoffs with Dirk.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

some of you guys man...just because Lebron stopped Rose a couple of times doesn't mean he can really guard him. It's like when analysts were saying that Noah could guard Wade because he shut him down one time..SMH..

In all honesty I still believe Rose has a better offensive game the Lebron.If you have seen Lebron through his whole career then you can clearly see that he has some holes in his offense. He's actually a bit limited. He tends to drive a bit or shoot outside shots. Yes he makes mid range shots once in awhile, but he doesn't really have a mid range game nor a post one. Lebron is just blessed to be as big and as quick as he is, it really helps his game a lot.

Rose just tends to take way too many 3's. But in terms of a really solid offensive game, Rose has a bigger arsenal of moves and shots to get what he wants to get. Lebron is just really good at making the shots he's used to making.However, Rose can do more though.

Now defense is another thing..and I would definitely give that to Lebron. Rose tends to lag when it comes to screens and he seems to not care so much.
Rose himself said that "It's extremely hard where a 6-8 guy can easily defend you". How can people still say that he has no jumper when he shot 51% and shot 45% from mid-range,the best numbers of his career. All his shooting %'s were better than Rose this year and overall he had better offensive numbers than rose despite the fact that he's also playing with one of the best offensive players in the league.. How exactly would you say that he's limited when he can score from virtually anywhere. What can Rose do more? Prettier lay ups? Explain. Not salty,just curious.

Rose is a great player all around but to say that he has a better offensive game is questionable since he put up worse offensive numbers being the number 1 scoring option on his team than LeBron who's had to share the load with D-Wade. Even during the post-season,Rose hasn't played like the MVP he was during the season while LeBron has been the best player in these playoffs with Dirk.

They are totally different players.

For DRose's size he is incredible. His improvement over last year is incredible. His next 3 years will be very interesting to see how good he will become.

Lebron is a monster, plain and simple.

They are totally different players.

For DRose's size he is incredible. His improvement over last year is incredible. His next 3 years will be very interesting to see how good he will become.

Lebron is a monster, plain and simple.

Why do people keep bringing up Lebron's jumper like it's broke? Dude is one of the BEST in the NBA at the mid-range shot. He's the best player on the planet right now....and that's by a wide margin.

*Off hand, does anyone know Rose's FG% when Bron is guarding him?

Why do people keep bringing up Lebron's jumper like it's broke? Dude is one of the BEST in the NBA at the mid-range shot. He's the best player on the planet right now....and that's by a wide margin.

*Off hand, does anyone know Rose's FG% when Bron is guarding him?

go file a complain to the police snitch.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

OK and Lebron shoots the midrange less than both players, he should shoot a higher % as the "best player in the world."  How does he shoot the wide open three compared to other players?  The pull up off the dribble?

This debate is stupid.  In the end they're totally different players.  They work on and master different aspects of the game to suit their physical attributes and given gifts.  This is almost as bad as the "Who's better -- Tim Duncan or Allen Iverson?!" debates.

It's why Player A vs. Player B debates never go anywhere.  This isn't the first time Lebron has had to guard D. Rose.  He doesn't always lock him down, but last night he did.  If they iso'd Rose against Bron 100 times how many times do you think D Rose would score?

I don't think Rose is better than LBJ, but I don't necessarily think Lebron is the best player in the league.  My point is however, that people need to just get over what journalists say. 

Originally Posted by nyk buc

OK and Lebron shoots the midrange less than both players, he should shoot a higher % as the "best player in the world."  How does he shoot the wide open three compared to other players?  The pull up off the dribble?

This debate is stupid.  In the end they're totally different players.  They work on and master different aspects of the game to suit their physical attributes and given gifts.  This is almost as bad as the "Who's better -- Tim Duncan or Allen Iverson?!" debates.

It's why Player A vs. Player B debates never go anywhere.  This isn't the first time Lebron has had to guard D. Rose.  He doesn't always lock him down, but last night he did.  If they iso'd Rose against Bron 100 times how many times do you think D Rose would score?

I don't think Rose is better than LBJ, but I don't necessarily think Lebron is the best player in the league.  My point is however, that people need to just get over what journalists say. 

Back
Top Bottom