ESPN NBA Analyst Ric Bucher says DROSE is Better than LEBRON?!

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

some of you guys man...just because Lebron stopped Rose a couple of times doesn't mean he can really guard him. It's like when analysts were saying that Noah could guard Wade because he shut him down one time..SMH..

In all honesty I still believe Rose has a better offensive game the Lebron.If you have seen Lebron through his whole career then you can clearly see that he has some holes in his offense. He's actually a bit limited. He tends to drive a bit or shoot outside shots. Yes he makes mid range shots once in awhile, but he doesn't really have a mid range game nor a post one. Lebron is just blessed to be as big and as quick as he is, it really helps his game a lot.

Rose just tends to take way too many 3's. But in terms of a really solid offensive game, Rose has a bigger arsenal of moves and shots to get what he wants to get. Lebron is just really good at making the shots he's used to making.However, Rose can do more though.

Now defense is another thing..and I would definitely give that to Lebron. Rose tends to lag when it comes to screens and he seems to not care so much.

I guess the fact that in season and playoffs matchups when LeBron has guarded rose he has made ONE SHOT as in a single basket. They just showed the stat sheet on ESPN. If thats not shutting a person down im not sure what you would call it.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

some of you guys man...just because Lebron stopped Rose a couple of times doesn't mean he can really guard him. It's like when analysts were saying that Noah could guard Wade because he shut him down one time..SMH..

In all honesty I still believe Rose has a better offensive game the Lebron.If you have seen Lebron through his whole career then you can clearly see that he has some holes in his offense. He's actually a bit limited. He tends to drive a bit or shoot outside shots. Yes he makes mid range shots once in awhile, but he doesn't really have a mid range game nor a post one. Lebron is just blessed to be as big and as quick as he is, it really helps his game a lot.

Rose just tends to take way too many 3's. But in terms of a really solid offensive game, Rose has a bigger arsenal of moves and shots to get what he wants to get. Lebron is just really good at making the shots he's used to making.However, Rose can do more though.

Now defense is another thing..and I would definitely give that to Lebron. Rose tends to lag when it comes to screens and he seems to not care so much.

I guess the fact that in season and playoffs matchups when LeBron has guarded rose he has made ONE SHOT as in a single basket. They just showed the stat sheet on ESPN. If thats not shutting a person down im not sure what you would call it.

"You're making my point: Player A v.s Player B debates are stupid because most of the time there's no empirical way to compare them.  The two play different positions."

I understand where you're getting at, but this is false. Positions in basketball are simply a means to an end, and that is to help your team score more points the other team. You can directly show which players help their teams in this regard more than other players (accounting for several importan factors in the game of course).

Rose is a great player and has propelled himself into the top ranks of the NBA's best, but the best player in the league? This isn't supported by evidence. Saying that it's "all opinion" is to disregard the evidence at hand that says he isn't playing better than LBJ, Wade, D12, etc.

"You're making my point: Player A v.s Player B debates are stupid because most of the time there's no empirical way to compare them.  The two play different positions."

I understand where you're getting at, but this is false. Positions in basketball are simply a means to an end, and that is to help your team score more points the other team. You can directly show which players help their teams in this regard more than other players (accounting for several importan factors in the game of course).

Rose is a great player and has propelled himself into the top ranks of the NBA's best, but the best player in the league? This isn't supported by evidence. Saying that it's "all opinion" is to disregard the evidence at hand that says he isn't playing better than LBJ, Wade, D12, etc.

if you think rose is the better player right now, ur opinion on anything related to basketball, sports, and life dont matter.

i had rose for regular season mvp, but right now he's not even the best in his own position.

if you think rose is the better player right now, ur opinion on anything related to basketball, sports, and life dont matter.

i had rose for regular season mvp, but right now he's not even the best in his own position.

Originally Posted by JAEizzle

D.rose>Lebrick.

If LeBrons shooting of 50% is "bricking" then what would you call Drose dismal 33% and 13% in the forth quarter? Dude must be the brick masonry of the NBA. Contractor of the projects.

D.rose>Lebrick.

If LeBrons shooting of 50% is "bricking" then what would you call Drose dismal 33% and 13% in the forth quarter? Dude must be the brick masonry of the NBA. Contractor of the projects.

Originally Posted by LDJ

D.rose>Lebrick.

Guess Rose would be considered Debrick
laugh.gif
. Never understood dumb nicknames for players people don't like.

Originally Posted by LDJ

D.rose>Lebrick.

Guess Rose would be considered Debrick
laugh.gif
. Never understood dumb nicknames for players people don't like.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

But by your reasoning D12 might be the best player in the world...

People argued Shaq was more dominant/important than Jordan.  You can't say something like a position is just a means to an end in helping scoring because that's not true at all.

Players are more skilled at certain aspects of the game.  Some people harp on stats, some people consider skills and what a player shows on the court as the best indicator of how good a player is.  Superstars lose head to head matchups to other superstars all the time.  It doesn't mean anything definite.

It's easy to say "well lebron stops d. rose from scoring more often than naught, so that should be enough" when the bulls run a 1v 5 iso and Lebron is 6'8" and has Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade behind him.

I don't even think D. Rose is the better player, but these debates bother me because they're so silly.

But by your reasoning D12 might be the best player in the world...

People argued Shaq was more dominant/important than Jordan.  You can't say something like a position is just a means to an end in helping scoring because that's not true at all.

Players are more skilled at certain aspects of the game.  Some people harp on stats, some people consider skills and what a player shows on the court as the best indicator of how good a player is.  Superstars lose head to head matchups to other superstars all the time.  It doesn't mean anything definite.

It's easy to say "well lebron stops d. rose from scoring more often than naught, so that should be enough" when the bulls run a 1v 5 iso and Lebron is 6'8" and has Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade behind him.

I don't even think D. Rose is the better player, but these debates bother me because they're so silly.

Lebron is clearly better than Drose. At 6'2 it's really hard to take over game down the stretch. We all saw what happen to Drose. Boy got shut down

Lebron is clearly better than Drose. At 6'2 it's really hard to take over game down the stretch. We all saw what happen to Drose. Boy got shut down

Originally Posted by Nako XL

But by your reasoning D12 might be the best player in the world.

I could make a good argument for that. I personally think he's #2. I'm not sure why you point that out like it's such a crazy conclusion. I thought he was the MVP this year.

I could make a good argument for that. I personally think he's #2. I'm not sure why you point that out like it's such a crazy conclusion. I thought he was the MVP this year.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

i'm not pointing it out liek it's a crazy conclusion.  he used an argument to show why lebron is the best player, and i meant to show that you can use the reasoning to argue any of like 6 guys are.  my point was A v. B is always a never ending argument because of how subjective it is.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

i'm not pointing it out liek it's a crazy conclusion.  he used an argument to show why lebron is the best player, and i meant to show that you can use the reasoning to argue any of like 6 guys are.  my point was A v. B is always a never ending argument because of how subjective it is.

right.  you guys are reacting off ONE and a 1/2 quarters of play.  I think Lebron's the best player in the league (although he has no post game, and refuses to work to make his jumper more consistent the way Rose did [even though evidence shows Rose still has a long way to go])

If he had made this comment before the playoffs would there even be as many people in here up in arms?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

right.  you guys are reacting off ONE and a 1/2 quarters of play.  I think Lebron's the best player in the league (although he has no post game, and refuses to work to make his jumper more consistent the way Rose did [even though evidence shows Rose still has a long way to go])

If he had made this comment before the playoffs would there even be as many people in here up in arms?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

i HATE lebron.. but the last 5 minutes of that game utterly ended this "argument"

Back
Top Bottom