ESPN NBA Analyst Ric Bucher says DROSE is Better than LEBRON?!

i HATE lebron.. but the last 5 minutes of that game utterly ended this "argument"

Hate the guy all you want, but if one cannot realize that Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now, then you need to have a turd taco or a boo boo burger, because you're full of ______

Hate the guy all you want, but if one cannot realize that Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now, then you need to have a turd taco or a boo boo burger, because you're full of ______

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Why do people keep bringing up Lebron's jumper like it's broke? Dude is one of the BEST in the NBA at the mid-range shot. He's the best player on the planet right now....and that's by a wide margin.

*Off hand, does anyone know Rose's FG% when Bron is guarding him?

It was a whopping steller "MVP" status of 13%. But as most leagues "MVP" he def stepped it up too an amazing 9%. This clearly adds to the argument he is the best in the league, hell the best pg in the league.

Why do people keep bringing up Lebron's jumper like it's broke? Dude is one of the BEST in the NBA at the mid-range shot. He's the best player on the planet right now....and that's by a wide margin.

It was a whopping steller "MVP" status of 13%. But as most leagues "MVP" he def stepped it up too an amazing 9%. This clearly adds to the argument he is the best in the league, hell the best pg in the league.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by wiseman299

First never compare Bayless to anyone Bayless is the worst ever. Without Woody silly self on 1st n 10 there is no balance, they should def fire him or get Woody back. None the less what he said isn't that off it's just what type of player you prefer. So let’s compare them; both are fast, strong, got hops, can pass, defense about even, and are streaky shooters at best. To me D Rose is more fearless/ has more heart and Lebron is bigger therefore harder to match up with. So it depends on what you prefer heart or size.
It was most evident last night when Lebron locked up on Rose that even though they're both great players, Rose just isn't on Lebron's level. 

While I agree, I thought that the only thing evident about that was that Lebron is freakishly athletic and versatile to be so big. PAUSE. But we all know that.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by wiseman299

First never compare Bayless to anyone Bayless is the worst ever. Without Woody silly self on 1st n 10 there is no balance, they should def fire him or get Woody back. None the less what he said isn't that off it's just what type of player you prefer. So let’s compare them; both are fast, strong, got hops, can pass, defense about even, and are streaky shooters at best. To me D Rose is more fearless/ has more heart and Lebron is bigger therefore harder to match up with. So it depends on what you prefer heart or size.
It was most evident last night when Lebron locked up on Rose that even though they're both great players, Rose just isn't on Lebron's level. 

While I agree, I thought that the only thing evident about that was that Lebron is freakishly athletic and versatile to be so big. PAUSE. But we all know that.

I think for the first time this playoffs the heat will be playing a better team than them. If they pull it out, my respect they have.

I think for the first time this playoffs the heat will be playing a better team than them. If they pull it out, my respect they have.

go file a complain to the police snitch.
roll.gif

So, after all this talk about Bron choking in the playoffs with the Cavs, it comes to this, huh? Dwight Howard, who is a first round dropout against a team that was clearly beatable gets chosen over LeBron who led a bunch of bums who set a record for most consecutive losses without him to the conference finals and the second round.

The hate is staggering.
laugh.gif

So, after all this talk about Bron choking in the playoffs with the Cavs, it comes to this, huh? Dwight Howard, who is a first round dropout against a team that was clearly beatable gets chosen over LeBron who led a bunch of bums who set a record for most consecutive losses without him to the conference finals and the second round.

The hate is staggering.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rebourne

If I had the choice to pick as a franchise player for my team, I'd pick D-Rose, hands down!!!

If I had the choice to pick the dumbest comment of this thread, it would be this one, hands down!!!

If I had the choice to pick as a franchise player for my team, I'd pick D-Rose, hands down!!!

If I had the choice to pick the dumbest comment of this thread, it would be this one, hands down!!!

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif

Anyone who can sit here with a straight face and say Lebron isnt the best player on the planet right now, (has been since the beginning of 08 season imo) after this run to the finals is just straight lying to themselves. 

Closeout 4th quarter performances to close out boston in game 5. twice in this series against Chicago along with the amazing on ball defense he put on rose in the 4th quarter these last 3 games. People are going to disagree but as of right now i think Lebron Is the best perimeter defender in the NBA and probably the second best defender in general behind only Dwight.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif

Anyone who can sit here with a straight face and say Lebron isnt the best player on the planet right now, (has been since the beginning of 08 season imo) after this run to the finals is just straight lying to themselves. 

Closeout 4th quarter performances to close out boston in game 5. twice in this series against Chicago along with the amazing on ball defense he put on rose in the 4th quarter these last 3 games. People are going to disagree but as of right now i think Lebron Is the best perimeter defender in the NBA and probably the second best defender in general behind only Dwight.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"You're making my point: Player A v.s Player B debates are stupid because most of the time there's no empirical way to compare them.  The two play different positions."

I understand where you're getting at, but this is false. Positions in basketball are simply a means to an end, and that is to help your team score more points the other team. You can directly show which players help their teams in this regard more than other players (accounting for several importan factors in the game of course).

Rose is a great player and has propelled himself into the top ranks of the NBA's best, but the best player in the league? This isn't supported by evidence. Saying that it's "all opinion" is to disregard the evidence at hand that says he isn't playing better than LBJ, Wade, D12, etc.

But by your reasoning D12 might be the best player in the world...

People argued Shaq was more dominant/important than Jordan.  You can't say something like a position is just a means to an end in helping scoring because that's not true at all.

Players are more skilled at certain aspects of the game.  Some people harp on stats, some people consider skills and what a player shows on the court as the best indicator of how good a player is.  Superstars lose head to head matchups to other superstars all the time.  It doesn't mean anything definite.

It's easy to say "well lebron stops d. rose from scoring more often than naught, so that should be enough" when the bulls run a 1v 5 iso and Lebron is 6'8" and has Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade behind him.

I don't even think D. Rose is the better player, but these debates bother me because they're so silly.

First of, it's not unreasonable to say D12 was there with LBJ as the best player in the league this season with his combined contribution to his team on both offense and defense. Second, Shaq was NEVER better than MJ at their best (the peak seasons in their careers).

Also, "skill" is simply a means to an end, which is to score more points than the other team (through offense and defense). You see that in the numbers. That's the PROOF of skill we see on the court.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"You're making my point: Player A v.s Player B debates are stupid because most of the time there's no empirical way to compare them.  The two play different positions."

I understand where you're getting at, but this is false. Positions in basketball are simply a means to an end, and that is to help your team score more points the other team. You can directly show which players help their teams in this regard more than other players (accounting for several importan factors in the game of course).

Rose is a great player and has propelled himself into the top ranks of the NBA's best, but the best player in the league? This isn't supported by evidence. Saying that it's "all opinion" is to disregard the evidence at hand that says he isn't playing better than LBJ, Wade, D12, etc.

But by your reasoning D12 might be the best player in the world...

People argued Shaq was more dominant/important than Jordan.  You can't say something like a position is just a means to an end in helping scoring because that's not true at all.

Players are more skilled at certain aspects of the game.  Some people harp on stats, some people consider skills and what a player shows on the court as the best indicator of how good a player is.  Superstars lose head to head matchups to other superstars all the time.  It doesn't mean anything definite.

It's easy to say "well lebron stops d. rose from scoring more often than naught, so that should be enough" when the bulls run a 1v 5 iso and Lebron is 6'8" and has Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade behind him.

I don't even think D. Rose is the better player, but these debates bother me because they're so silly.

First of, it's not unreasonable to say D12 was there with LBJ as the best player in the league this season with his combined contribution to his team on both offense and defense. Second, Shaq was NEVER better than MJ at their best (the peak seasons in their careers).

Also, "skill" is simply a means to an end, which is to score more points than the other team (through offense and defense). You see that in the numbers. That's the PROOF of skill we see on the court.

Back
Top Bottom