ESPN the Mag or Sports Illustrated???

I use to have both but I enjoyed SI more. I got SportingNews now as well. Really enjoy that one as well. Good thing about ESPN is you get free membership intothat insider part of ESPN.com

i dont subscribe to either so i dont really have a preference...both have their faults, ESPN occasionally will have some very good articles, Stephen A Smith,as much as i dislike him on television is an excellent writer and very knowledgeable...However, with certain writers on ESPNs staff ive certainly noticedracial undertones i wasnt happy about on more than one occasion

anybody havee any free subscription links? I signed up for espn mag a few months ago and it ended up being espn deportes...haha...anyone?

laugh.gif
@ judging a magazine for the pictures.

SI gives you more recent material because its weekly.

ESPN has more material (the magazine is huge) and having ESPN Inside is a plus, but by the time the issue arrives, you're reading outdated stuff. So tofight that, ESPN often does story pieces instead of articles about recent events.

Example - SI would probably have something about Texas Tech's victory over Texas. While ESPN the Mag would have an article on Colt McCoy's life.

i've been subscribing to SI for years and i'm not gonna switch. never really checked out ESPN though

I used to have SI and I like it more than ESPN. But I can't beat the 4 years of ESPN for 12 bucks

Stop being cheap and get both it will benefit you in the end!

SI is nice and has been going a long time but ESPN magzine has come up

Just get both!

SI > ESPN

At least that's my opinion..

I really like the layout of SI + the stories in my opinion are better. I wish Rick Reilly would come back to do the last page though
ohwell.gif

I like both but I feel the journalism is a little better in Sports Illustrated.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

laugh.gif
@ judging a magazine for the pictures.

SI gives you more recent material because its weekly.

ESPN has more material (the magazine is huge) and having ESPN Inside is a plus, but by the time the issue arrives, you're reading outdated stuff. So to fight that, ESPN often does story pieces instead of articles about recent events.

Example - SI would probably have something about Texas Tech's victory over Texas. While ESPN the Mag would have an article on Colt McCoy's life.

I have ESPN and the first thing I do when I get it is flip to the 3 or 4 pages they have each week with the full-double paged high def pictures. they capturereally awkward, classic or amazing moments in sports with amazing detail. picture is worth 1000 words. also ESPN is bi-weekly and I've never had a realproblem with stuff being out of date (no more than any other publication). plus a lot of ESPN's stuff is personal stories and commentary that doesn'tchange from one week to the next. if you are looking for quality play-by-play type sports reporting try the Sporting News. they come up with pretty cheapsubscriptions too and are one of the longest running sports publications. weekly too.

i get both and i prefer si. more recent articles and better journalism. tom verducci
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom