ETHER December 4, 2001

gllahone84

Banned
Ten years ago today...wow. Remember hearing Ether for the first time and the @!#% gave me chills it was so ill. The third verse is straight murder, and who would have thought that Nas would have responded the way that he did. I remember my dude Bushman 2002 letting me know about it in English class, and I couldn't wait to hit up the net and see what everybody was talking about...
eek.gif

399889693.jpg

That @!#% that make your sould burn slow...
sick.gif

Had the !%!%# Jay cryin on Hot97...that interview with Angie was straight comedy.

Greatest Diss of all time IMO

Nas won the battle but Jay won at life, still can't believe he survived that!!

The stuttering and stammering that took place on the Angie show afterwards was mind blowing
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

No one other than Jigga would've survived this. I still remember Jay sounding like he was crying on the radio every single time I hear the song...

...and lowkey I don't blame him I probably woulda shed a tear too.

Other than Hit Em Up this is a no contest for best diss record of all time

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Did this really drop on his birthday? lol

Just noticed this. 
eek.gif
...if it did. Straight disrespectful 
laugh.gif

2nd best diss song of all time...and one of my favorite Nas songs. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who cares? Pimp C died december 4th. Much more important than some diss song that really didn't do anything to Jay. RIP Pimp C or like Johnny Dang would say RIP Bim C. 

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Who cares? Pimp C died december 4th. Much more important than some diss song that really didn't do anything to Jay. RIP Pimp C or like Johnny Dang would say RIP Bim C. 

Fred Hampton dying on Dec 4th > all of this.
But what does that have to do w/ the topic at hand?

Some diss song that crushed the ROC as we once knew it...and the only ROC that ever really mattered.

Say no more jay stan

When have you ever known Shawn not to be able to express himself in an interview?!?! Its still
eek.gif
to this day

Such a great diss. Just the way it climaxes to the 3rd verse.

Then Jigga with a loss for words on his loss. He swore he was gonna win came up to the show all preemptive like expecting to bask in victory
laugh.gif
It's like the losing team showing up to the victory parade before the winners.

EDIT

roll.gif
"Like me as a guy.... like wow!... wow" Son came up to the show and ended up praising the song. It's so sad cuz it goes on like that for a while.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

When have you ever known Shawn not to be able to express himself in an interview?!?! Its still
eek.gif
to this day

I've never heard this. Jay
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

eek.gif
to this day

laugh.gif
Never heard that sh!# either. That beef definitely let a fire up under Nas.

One thing I've noticed is that as the years have gone by the legend of Jay-Z "crying" has grown lol. No such thing happened. Dude definitely sounded rattled though.

Back
Top Bottom