ETHER December 4, 2001

KelisFaceDataAwards.jpg
Beyonce.jpg

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Who cares? Pimp C died december 4th. Much more important than some diss song that really didn't do anything to Jay. RIP Pimp C or like Johnny Dang would say RIP Bim C. 

Fred Hampton dying on Dec 4th > all of this.
But what does that have to do w/ the topic at hand?
Church.

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

KelisFaceDataAwards.jpg
Beyonce.jpg
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 You were like 6 or 7 when this came out, you know your opinion doesn't matter.
I had no idea this came out on Jay's birthday though. 

Still don't get it.

I still think this is a case of everyone pulling for the underdog.

Getting called ugly w/ big lips < Getting condoms left on your child's baby seat.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Still don't get it.

Getting called ugly w/ big lips < Getting condoms left on your child's baby seat.

It was 1 of the few times Jay lost in chess.
Takeover wasn't a diss song directed entirely at Nas. He threw out a warning shot and Nas responded with a Napalm Bomb directly back at him.

Jay tried to scramble with a quick comeback but the Ether missile was too powerful. Super Ugly was straight trash. No 2 ways around it.

Jigga composed his self and came back with the classic Blueprint 2 track but it was too late at that point, the winner of the battle was already decided.

Plus Nas followed up with Last Real _ Alive to wrap everything up perfectly.

I had it on my computer like five years ago. Does anyone know where to find the audio of when they premiered Ether or Supa Ugly for the first time on Hot97

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Still don't get it.

It was 1 of the few times Jay lost in chess.
Takeover wasn't a diss song directed entirely at Nas. He threw out a warning shot and Nas responded with a Napalm Bomb directly back at him.

Jay tried to scramble with a quick comeback but the Ether missile was too powerful. Super Ugly was straight trash. No 2 ways around it.

Jigga composed his self and came back with the classic Blueprint 2 track but it was too late at that point, the winner of the battle was already decided.

Plus Nas followed up with Last Real _ Alive to wrap everything up perfectly.
I guess. But you're talking to someone who doesn't think Ether was a "missile" and I'm a Nas fan.
Again...I think it's a classic case of people rooting for the underdog. But that's just me. It's all subjective.

Look, when this came out...Jay fans (and Jay too, apparently) were hurt. There was no doubt who won at *that* moment. It wasn't close. It wasn't a debate. Ether was it. At least in the circles I ran in.

Then SuperUgly came out and it just wasn't strong enough. It wasn't angry enough. It was kinda...corny. Still jokey. Even if true, it was just a corny thing to say. _'s didn't really honor that.

All the post game, super slow mo, box score analysis is whatever. The moment matters. And at *that* moment...Jay and The Roc were looking bad in these streets.

I might be alone in this one...but I enjoy "You Gotta Love it" alot more when it comes to Jay disses.

Wackest Diss Ever.

I really don't understand how calling someone gay x10 times makes this a cool song?

At least Jay's sounded better AND had more actual personal shots.

"I was told a long time ago, ghosts and spirits don't like the fumes from ether, and I just wanted to affect him with my weapon and get to his soul."

$*++ was to
sick.gif

but you woud be a !$@#$%*#+$$%$ liar if u think Hov lost the war

Originally Posted by gunnascott

I still don't see how Jay-Z survived that record

Cause little brother never beats big brother, it simply doesn't happen.

Nas took his foot off jay-z's neck and went away like he always does...he could've easily Ja rule'd him if he kept da pressure.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Nas took his foot off jay-z's neck and went away like he always does...he could've easily Ja rule'd him if he kept da pressure.

So we're gonna pretend that Stillmatic, God's Son and the 8 Mile record don't exist?And the fact that you would reduce Jay's career to Ja Rule's only reinforces your stupidity on this board
laugh.gif
Just stop.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

All the post game, super slow mo, box score analysis is whatever. The moment matters. And at *that* moment...Jay and The Roc were looking bad in these streets.
Exactly what these kids don't understand

Ether is so overhyped it's unreal. Like dude was just cracking jokes on Jay.
Whereas Jay was straight disrespectful on Takeover.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Come on champ, that's like saying some local burger spot around the way could take out McDonald's. That's simply not the way it works.  At some point in time the local burger spot deep down knows and realizes that McDonald's is bigger and better than them.  Same rules apply in this situation here.  I like both parties by the way, just wanted to put that out there
wink.gif

Originally Posted by rhester

thats all its ever been.
dudes just fell in love with that lunch room roasting isssh that they couldnt look pass it.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

thats all its ever been.
dudes just fell in love with that lunch room roasting isssh that they couldnt look pass it.

The funny thing is, Jay and Nas are probably out enjoying Jay's birthday as we speak while random dudes are on a message board telling us how Ether turned Jay into Ja Rule, from a beef that ended half a decade ago.

NT for the +%!++#! win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

thats all its ever been.

The funny thing is, Jay and Nas are probably out enjoying Jay's birthday as we speak while random dudes are on a message board telling us how Ether turned Jay into Ja Rule.NT for the +%!++#! win
laugh.gif

True sh!#.Dude really said Nas coulda Ja Rule'd him though.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom