Europe/ United States Shoe Scene = Night & Day

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

are the prices high because of the taxes added?
It's not taxes that increases the price, the main reason is the $/€ exchange rate. In 2001, when the Euro was launched the exchange rate wasalmost 1:1, today it's 1:1,43. So the US prices actually are low for europeans not the other way around ... I remember spending my holidays in Californiain '98 before the Euro and Jordans cost exactly the same as here in Germany.

Originally Posted by luc1311

Originally Posted by Retri

French people don't know s**t about sports... So nobody will remember MJ or Lebron or Kobe in 10 to 15 years... apart from those guys I'm part of who get up at 3 AM to watch NBA games...
man, hook a brotha up (I'm not quite french however we aren't that far apart)! Where do you usually get your Jordans from?

I got my Space Jams at Opium Store http://www.oqiumstore.com/boutique/liste_rayons.cfm They already have the presale for the Black Red VI.
And most of the time, I go to my local joint called M&D store. You can check their web site http://www.mdstore.fr/
or I order on Eastbay. But for the white red XII's, my order got blocked by the customs. I don't have them yet. They released em today, so I don't know if I will have some more to pay. Ebay is also a good spot. Try the seller Step To My Run

I got my Space Jams at a french site, http://www.lenewyorker.com/. I paid 160 €, shipping included. They also haveother shoes for sale. It was the first time I bought from them and they have a good service. I have bought from Pickyourshoes, Shoetrends and eastbay. Theworst part is when the shoes get stuck in custom. Even though I get good prices because of the Euro-Dollar conversion, sometimes when you add the customs taxes(20% on the price you paid on the shoes) the price can get a bit higher than what you expected. But even so, I prefer to order the shoes online. At least Ihave a bigger choice.

A lot of people here can relate to the retro's being released. Because they are recognizable back from the day when basketball shoes were a hot item. Ihave some retro XIIIs and I sometimes wear them to practice. One day this guy that was there came to me and said that I had nice shoes and he used to have onesthat he bought back in the 90s. And then he asked how did I managed to keep the shoes until this day. I told them that Nike had released them again some yearsago and they wore doing the same with some other older models. And he was like "ok
ohwell.gif
I didn't know".
People just lost interest. It's simple as that. It's a shame. I remember people would wear the Reebok Pump that Shaq wore back in the day. If you put aPump shoe in a store people would simply pass on them.
Like luc1311, I'l buy Jordans as long as I can afford it. Of course I'm more selective with which ones I buy. I would love that have all of them, butthat simply isn't possible. And I also buy my shoes to ball in, and only I when I see that they're starting to wear out is when I start to think inbuying some new ones. Of course there are exceptions, but most of time is like that.

I got my Space Jams at Opium Store http://www.oqiumstore.com/boutique/liste_rayons.cfm They already have the presale for the Black Red VI.
And most of the time, I go to my local joint called M&D store. You can check their web site http://www.mdstore.fr/
or I order on Eastbay. But for the white red XII's, my order got blocked by the customs. I don't have them yet. They released em today, so I don't know if I will have some more to pay. Ebay is also a good spot. Try the seller Step To My Run

wow awesome man, thanks a bunch.

EDIT: does the Opium store send stuff to Italy? Couldn't really figure it out from the website (I don't speak french unfortunately;; )

EDIT#2: hmm is this shop legit? They got the Air Yeezy in 2 different colorways at 200~ Euro (and the picture of the black one seems fake)...definitely looks fishy to me.

http://www.oqiumstore.com/boutique/liste_produits.cfm?code_lg=lg_fr&type=11

They are 100% legit. They have a great connection with Nike.... Tinker even came to the shop during MJ Europe Tour back in 06... They only ship to Francesorry man... but great heads up on the Yeezy... I thought they sold these ou a long time ago... I think I'll order em in January!!
>> jumpmanpt09 The New Yorker is 100% legit? Coz They seem to havegreat stuff... Very interesting... Where you at in France?

>> Oops... Yeezy are sold out... To see what is sold out you have to pick your size and then see if it's available... Damn...

Originally Posted by pay jape

London
That's the problem right there. I live too far away to be making a trip for some shoes. The FL I go to puts what I need to the side and is alot closer than London.

wow awesome man, thanks a bunch.

EDIT: does the Opium store send stuff to Italy? Couldn't really figure it out from the website (I don't speak french unfortunately;; )

EDIT#2: hmm is this shop legit? They got the Air Yeezy in 2 different colorways at 200~ Euro (and the picture of the black one seems fake)...definitely looks fishy to me.

http://www.oqiumstore.com/boutique/liste_produits.cfm?code_lg=lg_fr&type=11

They are 100% legit. They have a great connection with Nike.... Tinker even came to the shop during MJ Europe Tour back in 06... They only ship to France sorry man... but great heads up on the Yeezy... I thought they sold these ou a long time ago... I think I'll order em in January!!
>> jumpmanpt09 The New Yorker is 100% legit? Coz They seem to have great stuff... Very interesting... Where you at in France?

>> Oops... Yeezy are sold out... To see what is sold out you have to pick your size and then see if it's available... Damn...

Yeah, The New Yorker is 100% legit. Fast service, some shoes have free shipping on them and they have some on sale too. Like I said, got the Space Jams for 160€, bellow the 175 price tag and with the shipping included. And Opium is a great store. I was in Paris in last July and I stopped by the store. Really worththe visit!
happy.gif

Another site I discovered a few months ago, is this spanish one, http://www.manelsanchez.com. You can find some gooddeals here, Jordan and other brands also. The only downside is that the entire site is written in spanish.

I don't live in France. I live in Porto, Portugal.

1) basketball isnt as big in europe... hence why sneaker culture came out of SOCCER fans rocking trainers

2) you're forgetting not only the currency exchange, but the differences in salaries in Europe

3) All over the world, they're more in tune with quality. If they see JB putting out poor product, they're not buying. If Air Maxes are showingpromise, they're smart enough to pass on the Jumpman logo to cop other heat

thats mad cool. ima have to look at some sneakers next time i go over seas, it never even crossed my mind that their j section would be stacked with tbIII's and sj's

Originally Posted by bam528

1) basketball isnt as big in europe... hence why sneaker culture came out of SOCCER fans rocking trainers

2) you're forgetting not only the currency exchange, but the differences in salaries in Europe

3) All over the world, they're more in tune with quality. If they see JB putting out poor product, they're not buying. If Air Maxes are showing promise, they're smart enough to pass on the Jumpman logo to cop other heat

well put sir

i bet the replicats and jagos don't see the sales floor before theyre gone
laugh.gif

Air Jordans don't sell too well in Europe from what I heard...that's why they release the TB 3's to create hype and demand.

THis is nothing, I was in several countries in Asia back in 2006 and the Nike Stores and other US sneaker stores had more heat than what you see here. They hadquickstrike releases that were 2 to 5 years old still deadstock and at or under retail.

Originally Posted by Mjstav019

3) All over the world, they're more in tune with quality. If they see JB putting out poor product, they're not buying. If Air Maxes are showing promise, they're smart enough to pass on the Jumpman logo to cop other heat

well put sir

thanks, just tried making it easier to see the grand scheme of things

eek.gif
@ Spacejams on a wall rack.

I don't even think they bothered displaying SJs in some malls. People KNEW they were coming out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mjstav019

well put sir

thanks, just tried making it easier to see the grand scheme of things

Trust me here in France, apart from Paris, nobody knows what a quality sneaker is. They don't even know what a sneaker is!! So that's true Basketballis like the 3rd sport behind soccer and rugby, but sneakers are just behind all sort of things in people interest. Here in France, sneakers are called"BASKETS" lol, people think I'm crazy coz I'm a sneakerhead. You'll see guys wearin some random AF1, not even knowing what they are...
And as I stated earlier, thugs are the target for FL here. These a**holes are wearing Air Max Tn, which are basically an ugly shoe, so that's whatyou'll see if you come in a FL in France... the remainder won't sell. That's the only truth... But I don't care. It's been a long timesince I bought anything from FL.
mad.gif
mad.gif

And as I stated earlier, thugs are the target for FL here. These a**holes are wearing Air Max Tn, which are basically an ugly shoe, so that's what you'll see if you come in a FL in France... the remainder won't sell. That's the only truth... But I don't care. It's been a long time since I bought anything from FL.
mad.gif
mad.gif
So true.. Here in Portugal is the same thing. FL is full of ugly shoes that the thugs like to wear..

The rest of the shoes sits on the shells until I guess they go on sale or FL just send it back because they don't sell.

The only thing I buy from FL are some insoles. As for the sneakers, I prefer to buy them online. So much better.

Originally Posted by jumpmanpt09

And as I stated earlier, thugs are the target for FL here. These a**holes are wearing Air Max Tn, which are basically an ugly shoe, so that's what you'll see if you come in a FL in France... the remainder won't sell. That's the only truth... But I don't care. It's been a long time since I bought anything from FL.
mad.gif
mad.gif
So true.. Here in Portugal is the same thing. FL is full of ugly shoes that the thugs like to wear..

The rest of the shoes sits on the shells until I guess they go on sale or FL just send it back because they don't sell.

The only thing I buy from FL are some insoles. As for the sneakers, I prefer to buy them online. So much better.

Pics? I wanna see what a French thug looks like
laugh.gif

all CDP's in 08 were AUD$500 in australia
500.00 AUD = 455.622 USD
smh that any sold at all

Back
Top Bottom