European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by Boogiexdown

So are the Catalans celebrating with Spain winning?

My cousin in Molins de Rei says that there are mixed reactions. The ones who aren't celebrating  aren't disappointed or anything, just a "we couldn't care less" kind of attitude. Most of the people celebrating are just happy that the Catalan players are adding to their silverware. 

Yes that's pretty much the reaction I'm getting as well however their are Catalans out there who are angry that Spain/Castile is taking so much of the international limelight when the teams core makeup and players are Catalan. The football system they play is from Barcelona too, so there are some bitter Catalans out there. Especially those who want a Catalan International team.

I really hate how after every elimination the announcer says "They shouldn't be disappointed, they've done a lot". Really? Italy shouldn't be disappointed? Feeling bad for Balotelli but that's how it goes. Kinda wish portugal comes back for revenge but I doubt it. The only person that seemed to be pissed about it was Ronaldo.

Xavi played unreal today. Took control of the midfield and created so many chances. Crazy that he could just turn it on after he looked so dead this tournament.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by Boogiexdown

So are the Catalans celebrating with Spain winning?

My cousin in Molins de Rei says that there are mixed reactions. The ones who aren't celebrating  aren't disappointed or anything, just a "we couldn't care less" kind of attitude. Most of the people celebrating are just happy that the Catalan players are adding to their silverware. 

Yes that's pretty much the reaction I'm getting as well however their are Catalans out there who are angry that Spain/Castile is taking so much of the international limelight when the teams core makeup and players are Catalan. The football system they play is from Barcelona too, so there are some bitter Catalans out there. Especially those who want a Catalan International team.
Yup, that's pretty much why I didn't want Spain to win (apart from still being bitter that they beat Portugal, who played better than them for 90% of the match). Spanish media/fans bash Barca's players and playing style but then praise the same @#$% when it's for the national team. Be consistent please

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Torres is gonna win the Golden Boot 
roll.gif
Lol... yeah... how the... WTH!? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Someone needs to make a Torres "Deal With It" gif.  That would be boss.
I forgot which thread it was posted in, either this one or the other soccer thread but what was that book that was about the playing style of the Spanish team?  I need stuff to read and it sounded interesting.

Congrats to Spain. There were some big upsets but I must say overall this was a pretty weak tournament in terms of excitement/great memorable games. 

Just got home from the bar I went to; had a few beers afterwards to cope with the loss 
frown.gif

laugh.gif

Did not expect the game to go down the way it did. I was in shock when at one point in the second half, a stat appeared that said it was 50/50 for ball possession, because even though Italy had the ball for a little while early on, the rest of the game Spain had possession on lock.

I think this game showed more how dominant this Spain squad is than it did any 'weaknesses' from the Italians. Italy played with house money this tournament. Glad they made it this far, hopefully a stronger finish next Cup. All the credit for Spain though. This really might be one of the greatest teams of all time.

Balotelli jersey is being ordered ASAP, though.

I don't see how anybody can possibly say this was a poor final.

Only thing worth complaining about is the Italians injury/substitute situation.

Incredible display from Spain, will remember it for the rest of my life.

dont think it would have helped but i thought italia made the third sub way to early 56th minute i think it was then thiago gets the hamstring injury right away they should have subbed di natale in at the 56th min then saved that last sub for later on . especially since they had the forced sub early in the first half

Spain dominated.  I think Jogi Löw and the DFB XI are lucky they didn't play in the final b/c I think they would've got their +*@es handed to them.

Enjoy these years of success, Spain.

Peace

laugh.gif

4656170_700b.jpg

Who knows what the state of European soccer will be by then, though. But, at least for the WC, they have to face S. American teams.

Glorious. Three major tournaments in a row. To think, just half a dozen years ago Zidane was killing off another knock out stage defeat, and we were collectively wondering if we'd ever see them win one having gone forty some odd years without any success.

Viva Espana. This won't solve the real problems, but I'm glad the people of Spain have been given this beautiful respite.

And for the record, the majority of Catalunya is happy with the accomplishment. The fact that the Barca boys and Barca style is the foundation of success is perhaps the main reason, but also nationalism isn't necessarily synonymous with separatism which is a a common misconception.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

But, at least for the WC, they have to face S. American teams.

Not if those S. American teams get kicked out by other European teams like they have in the previous two World Cups.

I'm dying to see Spain vs argentina, brazil, Uruguay.

Tired of seeing Spain play Ireland and croatia. Throw the SA elite at them.

I want to see Spain vs. the real brazil not these inexperience youngsters that lost to Mexico and argentina. The real selecao.

Either a friendly or in a major tournament. World cup is two years too long. Plus In the world cup Spain, Argentina, brazil and uruguay will be in separate groups and probably won't even face each other. (like in 2010)

Last world cup Spain only played chile and paraguay, those teams are not at the level of brazil, Argentina or uruguay.

Italy robbed us of that Germany Spain final. Horrible showing by the azzuri.

That Iniesta-to-Fabregas-to-Silva header was a thing of beauty
pimp.gif
completely outshines the other goals

Oh and Gomez was trolled hard by El Nino.

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

Italy robbed us of that Germany Spain final. Horrible showing by the azzuri.
So you're saying Italy shouldn't have beat Germany the way they played? Germany looked clueless. Spain would have probably toyed with them also.

Back
Top Bottom