Exactly How Dangerous is Colombia???

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

isnt the kidnap rate in colombia outrageous?
nerd.gif

my homeboy just got back from venezuela(sp?) and he said dont wear errings and J's. And he said the kids down there are the worst, the hunt adults in packs, shut down streets just to play a soccer game on it, and carry heat!
eek.gif
lol hell yea i remember doing that while growing up, good times
pimp.gif

but yea OP as long as you dont wear nothing expensive youll be good

been there 3 times, staed in cali. the women, the food, the beach ---heaven. travel in packs dont be out too late. carry a knife, show sum fiight youll befine.

I was thinking about going to Argentina to visit my family but s&*t messed up over ther big time. People getting robbed everyday. My grandma just gotjacked just last thursday. But I still want to go because it's been 15 years since I've been to Argentina. Plus I wanted to take a tour to Rio deJaneiro, Brazil first and then head down to Buenos Aries, Argentina.

Find a video about a drug called Scolpamine. They dose you without knowing and your a walking zombie 4 real. your fully awake and consious but your in a tranceand you do whatever your "handler" tells you to. usually rob you and then kill you. If that dosent keep you from goin nothin will.

i have gone four times already my family live in Medellin. if you go over there travel with a group, don't dress like you just came from a rap video, anddon't go to the mountains by yourself

i got sum friends from there. i've been told basically your straight as long as u don't walk around like you have money and speak english in certainplaces
ohwell.gif

supposedly the kidnap rate is crazy, the gangs there will kidnap you if your not from columbia and hold you for ransom.

If you decide to go to Colombia. I recommend Cartagena. Its very tourist friendly. Its on the coast so it has it has a couple of nice beach locations. I'vemet a few tourists there from all over the world. There was one small family from Sweden there. It was refreshing to have an english conversation. One othercouple mentioned that they managed a chocolate company. The point is that its a popular destination.

Tourism is a big part of Cartagena's economy therefore the people there are encouraged to be friendly because its beneficial to them. Of course, you haveyour weasels that try to jack the prices if you don't know Spanish or you look foreign. The nightlife is awesome because the conversion rate makes thebottles seem like a damn bargain and there are stunning women. Theres a bunch of popular clubs/bars lined down a street at a waterfront. That area is called ElArsenal.

Obviously, don't wear jordans or excessive jewelry. You'll be fine.

My moms is from Peru and when I visited and whenever we went out to some club or bar my cousins would tell me to hide my phone.
laugh.gif

I always hear bad stuff about countries in south america but as long as you dont look like your asking for it or go to the really bad areas then your good.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Colombian women are CRAZY
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

i know first hand.........my g/f is colombian. today was a VERY crazy day matter fact.

her whole side of her moms fam is over in colombia btw. i havnt been down there yet.

its not EVERYTHING people make it out to be. if everything ppl said about colombia was true you'd have a man on every corner sniffin white lines. there iscorruption in every part of the world in some places worse than others. one thing is though, dont try and stand out, even people who are born there, live therefor 25 years come here to live for 5 in NY and go back to visit stand out. trust when i say that young boys will not hesitate to run up on you and strip you ofeverything you have.

on a more positive note

make sure you visit places like Medellin and Cali...the best %+%+%#* woman on the planet
pimp.gif

enjoy the food and old architecture

if you can also try to go to the "fincas" up in the mountains.

there is nothing better than to wakeup to taking a REAL breathe of FRESH AIR on top of a mountain.

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

make sure you visit places like Medellin and Cali...the best %+%+%#* woman on the planet
pimp.gif

if you can also try to go to the "fincas" up in the mountains.

there is nothing better than to wakeup to taking a REAL breathe of FRESH AIR on top of a mountain.
QFT

Originally Posted by racerx

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

isnt the kidnap rate in colombia outrageous?
nerd.gif

my homeboy just got back from venezuela(sp?) and he said dont wear errings and J's. And he said the kids down there are the worst, the hunt adults in packs, shut down streets just to play a soccer game on it, and carry heat!
eek.gif
lol hell yea i remember doing that while growing up, good times
pimp.gif

but yea OP as long as you dont wear nothing expensive youll be good

eek.gif
werd to making "sancocho de gallina en lena en la cuadra del rancho con la cucha gritanto que limpie el cuarto"
roll.gif

im actually leaving this saturday to bogota. last time i went was when i was 6 yrs old ... im 20 btw. from what ive heard and seen bogota has grown alot as intourist stores business etc. im not taking anything flashy. i dont rock jordans so thats not a problem. im taking converse sperry and some nikes. as long asyou look the part and just lay low and not brag that u from the states youll be good.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Somebody post a pic of how you dress when you go on vacation to 3rd world countries. Because just "don't dress nice" is far too subjective. I mean, I can just throw on my 6$ Starbury cargo shorts and a grey 3 for 10$ Hanes wife beater, some old Air Maxes, and still look fresh in it and potentially make myself a target so I don't know, even though the entire value of that fit would be like 30$ Some people are making it sound like I should rip holes in some clothes and splash paint over them on purpose, because frankly I don't own any clothes that bad
Yeah I need to know this too. BTW, do they like Australians, I can pull that accent off good.
grin.gif

depends how you dress and how you carry yourself. If I was you, I would go, but I would carry a pistol
devil.gif

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

im actually leaving this saturday to bogota. last time i went was when i was 6 yrs old ... im 20 btw. from what ive heard and seen bogota has grown alot as in tourist stores business etc. im not taking anything flashy. i dont rock jordans so thats not a problem. im taking converse sperry and some nikes. as long as you look the part and just lay low and not brag that u from the states youll be good.
when you come back be sure to let me know how it went...i really wanna go but i dont want to compromise my life...take a couple of pics if you can

Back
Top Bottom