F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I agree with OP 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't really hoop but I go to the gym daily to work out/cardio so you'll always catch me wearin some nike shorts and some of my favorite kicks with the black nike socks...

nike-dri-fit-practice-mens-basketball-shorts-profile.jpg
+
nike-3ppk-cotton-half-cush-275-2-0.jpg
+

main rotation...

img5630x.jpg
5sProf2.jpg
air-jordan-8-viii-retro-playoffs-black-varsity-red-white-1.jpg
why would you ever do cardio in any of those shoes?

Originally Posted by copped

wearing socks with sandals must be a black thing or something...i never understood this...

isn't the whole point to wear a T, some shorts and sandals to be cool and comfortable? Why add warm *** socks in 90+ degree weather....(i know because you premadonnas don't want blisters) lulz...

anyways the shorts, white t and some sandals or Air maxes is def a going to the gym look, park, picnic, quick groceries, or lounging around the house...the cats who wear this religiously on some "i dont care" stuff REALLY do care.
Please. Dont go there, it is really not necessary and imo uncalled for. And its not sandals it's flip-flops.

Originally Posted by copped

wearing socks with sandals must be a black thing or something...i never understood this...

isn't the whole point to wear a T, some shorts and sandals to be cool and comfortable? Why add warm *** socks in 90+ degree weather....(i know because you premadonnas don't want blisters) lulz...

anyways the shorts, white t and some sandals or Air maxes is def a going to the gym look, park, picnic, quick groceries, or lounging around the house...the cats who wear this religiously on some "i dont care" stuff REALLY do care.
Please. Dont go there, it is really not necessary and imo uncalled for. And its not sandals it's flip-flops.

Yea don't call them sandals man, I don't wear sandals. Sandals are for old married men and Africans (running joke, don't take it personal). Slides, flip flops. Not the same thing as damn sandals.

But I do think sometimes some of you put too much effort into dressing fresh in certain situations. Like going to work out. Man girls, for the most part, are focused at the gym and don't want anyone bothering/talking to them because they feel nasty and dirty because they are sweating. And they are self conscious because they feel that they might look stupid in non-sexual-flattering situations. So they aren't even trying to make eye contact with folks, for the most part, so they damn sure don't care how fresh your shoes are.

So I think dressing fresh to do cardio is a waste of effort.

Yea don't call them sandals man, I don't wear sandals. Sandals are for old married men and Africans (running joke, don't take it personal). Slides, flip flops. Not the same thing as damn sandals.

But I do think sometimes some of you put too much effort into dressing fresh in certain situations. Like going to work out. Man girls, for the most part, are focused at the gym and don't want anyone bothering/talking to them because they feel nasty and dirty because they are sweating. And they are self conscious because they feel that they might look stupid in non-sexual-flattering situations. So they aren't even trying to make eye contact with folks, for the most part, so they damn sure don't care how fresh your shoes are.

So I think dressing fresh to do cardio is a waste of effort.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Again, if you did not know what was and wasn't "acceptable" (fashion wise) you wouldn't know what makes you feel good when wearing. Unless someone compliments you from time to time, you don't know that you are really "doing it." The idea of doing it comes from others approval of what you wear. Or it comes from you viewing others getting approval from others from what they are wearing.

I always said, we all do something for the approval of others. Don't take it personal. Some care more than others do. I am not calling you any names, I am simply saying admit what it is. You are getting preppy for other dudes. (Barbie dudes playing ball).

I am simply saying, that dudes that put so much time and effort into what they wear at the damn basketball court is just funny to me. Notice those are the only people that I targeted, Barbie dudes playing basketball.
No dude, you'r wrong. And to make it worse, you're just repeating the same thing over and over again.
I go to a law school full of over-privileged yuppies that wear nothing but J.Crew and similar stuff, and I dress pretty uniquely here. No one really compliments what I wear, and I don't dress based on what I think people will like. The fact that you can't fathom this says more about you than about reality. 

So yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about, you're just trying to back up an ignorant stance with stubbornness instead of actually comprehending someone's response to what you're saying. 

To you "dressing better" is an effort, to me it's instinct. But it seems that's beyond your comprehension. 

Edit:

You're also displaying your ignorance of what "Dressing Better," both the NT thread and the concept generally, is really about. You think it's about being "fashionable" and wearing certain types of clothing. That's why you're under the impression that it's necessary to know what people will like to "dress better."

"Dressing better" is actually 80%+ about how your clothes fit, not about what brand your clothes are or whether they're fashionable in the eyes of others. And guess what? I can tell whether or not stuff fits me with the help of a mirror. So, like your other points, the assertion that one can only know whether or not he is "dressing better" based on the reaction of others is false and ignorant. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Again, if you did not know what was and wasn't "acceptable" (fashion wise) you wouldn't know what makes you feel good when wearing. Unless someone compliments you from time to time, you don't know that you are really "doing it." The idea of doing it comes from others approval of what you wear. Or it comes from you viewing others getting approval from others from what they are wearing.

I always said, we all do something for the approval of others. Don't take it personal. Some care more than others do. I am not calling you any names, I am simply saying admit what it is. You are getting preppy for other dudes. (Barbie dudes playing ball).

I am simply saying, that dudes that put so much time and effort into what they wear at the damn basketball court is just funny to me. Notice those are the only people that I targeted, Barbie dudes playing basketball.
No dude, you'r wrong. And to make it worse, you're just repeating the same thing over and over again.
I go to a law school full of over-privileged yuppies that wear nothing but J.Crew and similar stuff, and I dress pretty uniquely here. No one really compliments what I wear, and I don't dress based on what I think people will like. The fact that you can't fathom this says more about you than about reality. 

So yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about, you're just trying to back up an ignorant stance with stubbornness instead of actually comprehending someone's response to what you're saying. 

To you "dressing better" is an effort, to me it's instinct. But it seems that's beyond your comprehension. 

Edit:

You're also displaying your ignorance of what "Dressing Better," both the NT thread and the concept generally, is really about. You think it's about being "fashionable" and wearing certain types of clothing. That's why you're under the impression that it's necessary to know what people will like to "dress better."

"Dressing better" is actually 80%+ about how your clothes fit, not about what brand your clothes are or whether they're fashionable in the eyes of others. And guess what? I can tell whether or not stuff fits me with the help of a mirror. So, like your other points, the assertion that one can only know whether or not he is "dressing better" based on the reaction of others is false and ignorant. 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

I agree with OP 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't really hoop but I go to the gym daily to work out/cardio so you'll always catch me wearin some nike shorts and some of my favorite kicks with the black nike socks...

+
+

main rotation...

img5630x.jpg
5sProf2.jpg
Those shoes my everyday shoes... I do everything with them.
They don't look fresh i'll tell ya that lol
edit: my dunkmans still look pretty fresh tho surprisingly

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

I agree with OP 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

+
+

main rotation...

img5630x.jpg
5sProf2.jpg
Those shoes my everyday shoes... I do everything with them.
They don't look fresh i'll tell ya that lol
edit: my dunkmans still look pretty fresh tho surprisingly

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Obviously DC argues just to argue, but the point he's making is that no one is born out of the womb with a tacit knowledge of what is considered sloppy or proper. At the end of the day it's all relative, so what dude is saying is true what we consider "better" or "bad" dressing is all in the context of what society tells us  Nothing wrong with that...

Obviously DC argues just to argue, but the point he's making is that no one is born out of the womb with a tacit knowledge of what is considered sloppy or proper. At the end of the day it's all relative, so what dude is saying is true what we consider "better" or "bad" dressing is all in the context of what society tells us  Nothing wrong with that...

Originally Posted by 0cks

Edited my post above to address that point. And I don't know who DC is or how he posts, so if he is in fact a troll, I'll stop feeding.

Edit:

Well, duh. Tabula rasa...that's elementary.

Yet, people don't all respond the same way to cultural influences... I wonder how that happened?? Free will?!

Edited my post above to address that point. And I don't know who DC is or how he posts, so if he is in fact a troll, I'll stop feeding.

Edit:

Well, duh. Tabula rasa...that's elementary.

Yet, people don't all respond the same way to cultural influences... I wonder how that happened?? Free will?!

It's all about dressing to the way that makes you feel good about yourself and to give you the look of confidence.

But if you're wearing bball shorts and sandals and getting girls all the time, you can get the same girls in a nice shirt/cardi, etc. and a pair of jeans.

It's all about dressing to the way that makes you feel good about yourself and to give you the look of confidence.

But if you're wearing bball shorts and sandals and getting girls all the time, you can get the same girls in a nice shirt/cardi, etc. and a pair of jeans.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i've always been anti flip flops

youre not alone
hate that (&#$

cats use to think that (&#$# was cool during finals/mid terms in HS or walkin aroud college campus like that 

you look dumb

I don't think it looks dumb but seriously cannot walk around in flip flops/sandals. Need the shoes. Nike Free 5.0s w/ bball shorts
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i've always been anti flip flops

youre not alone
hate that (&#$

cats use to think that (&#$# was cool during finals/mid terms in HS or walkin aroud college campus like that 

you look dumb

I don't think it looks dumb but seriously cannot walk around in flip flops/sandals. Need the shoes. Nike Free 5.0s w/ bball shorts
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom