F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

It's all about dressing to the way that makes you feel good about yourself and to give you the look of confidence.

But if you're wearing bball shorts and sandals and getting girls all the time, you can get the same girls in a nice shirt/cardi, etc. and a pair of jeans.
But what would be a person's motivation for changing up their style if their old style is already working for them?

That is like telling fat girls that they need to lose weight when they are already getting plenty of time, attention, money, and penis from men while they are still in their fat stage?
the motivation is in the fact that it doesn't work as you grow.  You can't be going to clubs/bars dressed like that.  And you won't be picking up those girls as you get older.
=

Dressing for others. NOTHING wrong with it. Lets just call a spade a spade.

But a person a chose not to go into clubs and bars. Why is clubs and bars an example of "growing." It might be an example of having access to things are you age, but if you are just out and about meeting girls as you go along, while in those "bummy clothes" why should one switch their style up?

Plenty of people don't like the club/bar scene. And I know many (myself included) that don't like it because of the many dress code restrictions.

You gotta dress like a grown up all the time now?
Like I said, theres a time and place for everything. If im just going to be hanging with the boys on some spontaneous day, where we could be ballin one second then just chillin in a spit playing video games, im going to be comfy and do the hooper look. If im going to be in the city, party, mall, somewhere, of course im going to dress a little "better". Usually, if I know im not gonna do any type or sport, and I know I wont just be bummin the day out doing random stuff, ill probably dress up a bit. If not, well, hello adidas slippers.

You gotta dress like a grown up all the time now?
Like I said, theres a time and place for everything. If im just going to be hanging with the boys on some spontaneous day, where we could be ballin one second then just chillin in a spit playing video games, im going to be comfy and do the hooper look. If im going to be in the city, party, mall, somewhere, of course im going to dress a little "better". Usually, if I know im not gonna do any type or sport, and I know I wont just be bummin the day out doing random stuff, ill probably dress up a bit. If not, well, hello adidas slippers.

But a person a chose not to go into clubs and bars. Why is clubs and bars an example of "growing." It might be an example of having access to things are you age, but if you are just out and about meeting girls as you go along, while in those "bummy clothes" why should one switch their style up?

Plenty of people don't like the club/bar scene. And I know many (myself included) that don't like it because of the many dress code restrictions.

This is my go to look in the summer being that its hella hot/humid in NC! This look is definitely appreciated.

Like a few people already stated there is a time and place for this look and "dressing better". Why people are carrying on like you have to choose between one or the other is beyond me.
eyes.gif

This is my go to look in the summer being that its hella hot/humid in NC! This look is definitely appreciated.

Like a few people already stated there is a time and place for this look and "dressing better". Why people are carrying on like you have to choose between one or the other is beyond me.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by spacerace

so dudes really think they doin it wearin nothin but sneakers and bball shorts/sandals? 

can't cosign this thread NT.

kourtney-kardashian-scott-disick-labor-day-01.jpg

Dressing like a grown up >
laugh.gif
at using either one of them as an example of dressing grown up. And those Sketchers/Puma rock climbing looking *$* shoes everyone wears are just horrendous.

Persia, you are 100% wrong if you don't think the entire dressing better thread is a bunch of dudes trying to impress each other. NOt gonna say a name, but look how many pictures one particular dude takes. He even makes captions and does kissy faces at the camera, and he's like 40! He's the male version of a female with too many facebook photos. Hell, it's not even thinly veiled in that thread, it's pretty blatant.

Using the fact you can wear "dressing better" gear to the club as proof it is right or more grownup also fails, because just as you can't wear "athletic/baller" gear to the club, you can't hoop in JCrew x Hollister suits, peacoats, and Kenneth Cole's either.

So now, in a situation where you aren't going to be confined or obligated to dress any particular way and therefore have no motivation other than to pick something that satisfies yourself, what do you pick?

Well, for many of us, that's shorts and a tee. Ignoring that I am in Oklahoma/Texas and temperatures go well over 100, it's just not worth the time or effort to put on one of those types of get ups to just run to the store or anything insignificant of that nature.

so dudes really think they doin it wearin nothin but sneakers and bball shorts/sandals? 

laugh.gif
at using either one of them as an example of dressing grown up. And those Sketchers/Puma rock climbing looking *$* shoes everyone wears are just horrendous.

Persia, you are 100% wrong if you don't think the entire dressing better thread is a bunch of dudes trying to impress each other. NOt gonna say a name, but look how many pictures one particular dude takes. He even makes captions and does kissy faces at the camera, and he's like 40! He's the male version of a female with too many facebook photos. Hell, it's not even thinly veiled in that thread, it's pretty blatant.

Using the fact you can wear "dressing better" gear to the club as proof it is right or more grownup also fails, because just as you can't wear "athletic/baller" gear to the club, you can't hoop in JCrew x Hollister suits, peacoats, and Kenneth Cole's either.

So now, in a situation where you aren't going to be confined or obligated to dress any particular way and therefore have no motivation other than to pick something that satisfies yourself, what do you pick?

Well, for many of us, that's shorts and a tee. Ignoring that I am in Oklahoma/Texas and temperatures go well over 100, it's just not worth the time or effort to put on one of those types of get ups to just run to the store or anything insignificant of that nature.

laugh.gif

Most of the dudes posting
smokin.gif
are either under 18, in college or in the can't get a job thread.

If I'm in the house I have bball shorts a tee and sandals (either slides or flip flops), however if I'm going to to run errands I slip some cargo pants, some J's/Nike's and a Polo (Minimum).  The polo is usually a golf polo, those things are on another level of comfort and don't make you look like a bum.

Wearing a suit on a hot day is
sick.gif
, during the 10 steps that I'm outside.  Leave house, jump in the whip (A/C), park the car in parking garage, hit the office (A/C alllllll day
smokin.gif
).

laugh.gif

Most of the dudes posting
smokin.gif
are either under 18, in college or in the can't get a job thread.

If I'm in the house I have bball shorts a tee and sandals (either slides or flip flops), however if I'm going to to run errands I slip some cargo pants, some J's/Nike's and a Polo (Minimum).  The polo is usually a golf polo, those things are on another level of comfort and don't make you look like a bum.

Wearing a suit on a hot day is
sick.gif
, during the 10 steps that I'm outside.  Leave house, jump in the whip (A/C), park the car in parking garage, hit the office (A/C alllllll day
smokin.gif
).

living in AZ comfy is key but that doesn't mean I wont dress up when the time is right

like most people in here have said time and place for everything. 

living in AZ comfy is key but that doesn't mean I wont dress up when the time is right

like most people in here have said time and place for everything. 

[h3]
[/h3]This thread isn't saying that there are certain times to wear bball shorts, sock with flip flops, and a fitted, but rather 100% of the time, dressing that way looks better or is a better style compared to "dressing better" which is wrong. 

[h3]
[/h3]This thread isn't saying that there are certain times to wear bball shorts, sock with flip flops, and a fitted, but rather 100% of the time, dressing that way looks better or is a better style compared to "dressing better" which is wrong. 

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

laugh.gif

What that dude is wearing is dressing better.  It looks comfortable as hell too.  It's a better casual spring/summer look than bball shorts, socks with slippers, and a fitted.  How the hell is wearing polyester shorts or socks in the summer comfortable AT ALL?

What's wrong with showing up other dudes with the way we dress?  That's male rivalry and competition seen in real life and nature

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

[h3]
[/h3]
This thread isn't saying that there are certain times to wear bball shorts, sock with flip flops, and a fitted, but rather 100% of the time, dressing that way looks better or is a better style compared to "dressing better" which is wrong. 

Im pretty sure he wasnt 100% cereal with that thread title...

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

laugh.gif

What that dude is wearing is dressing better.  It looks comfortable as hell too.  It's a better casual spring/summer look than bball shorts, socks with slippers, and a fitted.  How the hell is wearing polyester shorts or socks in the summer comfortable AT ALL?

What's wrong with showing up other dudes with the way we dress?  That's male rivalry and competition seen in real life and nature

[h3]
[/h3]
This thread isn't saying that there are certain times to wear bball shorts, sock with flip flops, and a fitted, but rather 100% of the time, dressing that way looks better or is a better style compared to "dressing better" which is wrong. 

lol @ this thread.

I wear whatever the ++%@ I want. Funny how many claim to do the same but how few actually do. For me (when not in a business setting) that usually means the first thing I can grab and not have to iron
laugh.gif
If for whatever reason I feel like throwing on something "nicer" I'll go right ahead. I'd be damned if I let another man give me their opinion on what I wear.

The dudes that call this a "look" and put effort into it (I'm talking about the folks rocking the headphones just for the image or those that actually care deeply about the color/brand of their socks) are just as pathetic in my eyes as the dudes picking out fits for the gym.

Could just be me and how I was raised, but I've always found the entire concept of men being overly "into" fashion/clothes one way or another strange as hell. This is NT, so I understand liking certain things (IE: kicks) but some dudes take the fashion/appearance thing beyond what women do
laugh.gif

lol @ this thread.

I wear whatever the ++%@ I want. Funny how many claim to do the same but how few actually do. For me (when not in a business setting) that usually means the first thing I can grab and not have to iron
laugh.gif
If for whatever reason I feel like throwing on something "nicer" I'll go right ahead. I'd be damned if I let another man give me their opinion on what I wear.

The dudes that call this a "look" and put effort into it (I'm talking about the folks rocking the headphones just for the image or those that actually care deeply about the color/brand of their socks) are just as pathetic in my eyes as the dudes picking out fits for the gym.

Could just be me and how I was raised, but I've always found the entire concept of men being overly "into" fashion/clothes one way or another strange as hell. This is NT, so I understand liking certain things (IE: kicks) but some dudes take the fashion/appearance thing beyond what women do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

[h3]
[/h3]

umm... pretty sure he was.

As evidenced by this thread, there are plenty of yall who wears this costume 7 days a week.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

[h3]
[/h3]

umm... pretty sure he was.

As evidenced by this thread, there are plenty of yall who wears this costume 7 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom