F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

It's all about dressing to the way that makes you feel good about yourself and to give you the look of confidence.

But if you're wearing bball shorts and sandals and getting girls all the time, you can get the same girls in a nice shirt/cardi, etc. and a pair of jeans.
But what would be a person's motivation for changing up their style if their old style is already working for them?

That is like telling fat girls that they need to lose weight when they are already getting plenty of time, attention, money, and penis from men while they are still in their fat stage?

It's all about dressing to the way that makes you feel good about yourself and to give you the look of confidence.

But if you're wearing bball shorts and sandals and getting girls all the time, you can get the same girls in a nice shirt/cardi, etc. and a pair of jeans.
But what would be a person's motivation for changing up their style if their old style is already working for them?

That is like telling fat girls that they need to lose weight when they are already getting plenty of time, attention, money, and penis from men while they are still in their fat stage?

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

To you "dressing better" is an effort, to me it's instinct. But it seems that's beyond your comprehension. 
Obviously DC argues just to argue, but the point he's making is that no one is born out of the womb with a tacit knowledge of what is considered sloppy or proper. At the end of the day it's all relative, so what dude is saying is true what we consider "better" or "bad" dressing is all in the context of what society tells us  Nothing wrong with that...

You stole my answer Octoman.

DC puts it as plain as possible and while we all may hate the way he phrases it (he obviously phrases it that way to get a reaction) it is the absolute truth.
Dont nobody "dress to feel good about themselves" cause at the end of the day that feeling is based on other peoples approval.

You know those days in the winter when you decide that you are doing absolutely nothing but staying home alone and watching football? Whatever you wear on those days is TRULY "Dressing for yourself" cause you aint worried about !%+# but feeling comfortable.

As much as it pains you to admit it, every outfit we put together or put any effort into is all based on peoples approval. Aint nothing wrong with that bros, just accept it for what it is.

To you "dressing better" is an effort, to me it's instinct. But it seems that's beyond your comprehension. 
Obviously DC argues just to argue, but the point he's making is that no one is born out of the womb with a tacit knowledge of what is considered sloppy or proper. At the end of the day it's all relative, so what dude is saying is true what we consider "better" or "bad" dressing is all in the context of what society tells us  Nothing wrong with that...

You stole my answer Octoman.

DC puts it as plain as possible and while we all may hate the way he phrases it (he obviously phrases it that way to get a reaction) it is the absolute truth.
Dont nobody "dress to feel good about themselves" cause at the end of the day that feeling is based on other peoples approval.

You know those days in the winter when you decide that you are doing absolutely nothing but staying home alone and watching football? Whatever you wear on those days is TRULY "Dressing for yourself" cause you aint worried about !%+# but feeling comfortable.

As much as it pains you to admit it, every outfit we put together or put any effort into is all based on peoples approval. Aint nothing wrong with that bros, just accept it for what it is.

Edited my post above to address that point. And I don't know who DC is or how he posts, so if he is in fact a troll, I'll stop feeding.

Edit:

You're also displaying your ignorance of what "Dressing Better," both the NT thread and the concept generally, is really about. You think it's about being "fashionable" and wearing certain types of clothing. That's why you're under the impression that it's necessary to know what people will like to "dress better."

"Dressing better" is actually 80%+ about how your clothes fit, not about what brand your clothes are or whether they're fashionable in the eyes of others. And guess what? I can tell whether or not stuff fits me with the help of a mirror. So, like your other points, the assertion that one can only know whether or not he is "dressing better" based on the reaction of others is false and ignorant. 
Well I mean you're Persian, what if I said some of your native garb is oversized? What is the definition of oversized? If it ain't spandex is it oversized? (OMG I'm sounding like DC
laugh.gif
) That was a learned concept... right?
Originally Posted by HankMoody

Well, duh. Tabula rasa...that's elementary.

Yet, people don't all respond the same way to cultural influences... I wonder how that happened?? Free will?!
Damb goin hard to school me... thanks tho...

Edited my post above to address that point. And I don't know who DC is or how he posts, so if he is in fact a troll, I'll stop feeding.

Edit:

You're also displaying your ignorance of what "Dressing Better," both the NT thread and the concept generally, is really about. You think it's about being "fashionable" and wearing certain types of clothing. That's why you're under the impression that it's necessary to know what people will like to "dress better."

"Dressing better" is actually 80%+ about how your clothes fit, not about what brand your clothes are or whether they're fashionable in the eyes of others. And guess what? I can tell whether or not stuff fits me with the help of a mirror. So, like your other points, the assertion that one can only know whether or not he is "dressing better" based on the reaction of others is false and ignorant. 
Well I mean you're Persian, what if I said some of your native garb is oversized? What is the definition of oversized? If it ain't spandex is it oversized? (OMG I'm sounding like DC
laugh.gif
) That was a learned concept... right?
Originally Posted by HankMoody

Well, duh. Tabula rasa...that's elementary.

Yet, people don't all respond the same way to cultural influences... I wonder how that happened?? Free will?!
Damb goin hard to school me... thanks tho...

I'm sorry I don't care what any of you say, if you're carefully picking out outfits/sneakers to go to the gym or play basketball then you're trying too hard. End. Of. Story. Don't try to feed me any of that bull about it giving you confidence on the court/bench/treadmill/elliptical, if you are carefully looking through your drawers for an outfit in an attempt to impress people around you at the gym or basketball court you are trying too hard.

I'm sorry I don't care what any of you say, if you're carefully picking out outfits/sneakers to go to the gym or play basketball then you're trying too hard. End. Of. Story. Don't try to feed me any of that bull about it giving you confidence on the court/bench/treadmill/elliptical, if you are carefully looking through your drawers for an outfit in an attempt to impress people around you at the gym or basketball court you are trying too hard.

Nike Frees/Lunars, Air Max 90's/95's, AJ III's

JB or Nike Shorts

white v neck or nike sportswear shirt

obligatory fitted

pimp.gif

Nike Frees/Lunars, Air Max 90's/95's, AJ III's

JB or Nike Shorts

white v neck or nike sportswear shirt

obligatory fitted

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

pimp.gif
I just think mentally it isn't putting you in the right position to KILL it whether you are playing ball or doing your thing at the gym. Going into the battle you are already worrying about the cosmetics. So yea man, I have to agree with what you are saying here.

pimp.gif
Diego
pimp.gif
Octagon
glasses.gif
Prince of Persia

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

-Dressing better look.
-Streetwear look.

-Bball shorts, nike socks/slippers, loose shirt, hat look.

Theres a time and place for it all my friends. Probably 75% of my summer days will be looking like #3 though. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

::edit::

Cmon OP, you gotta atleast have a good shooting form to rock the nike socks/slippers and bball shorts look. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

pimp.gif
I just think mentally it isn't putting you in the right position to KILL it whether you are playing ball or doing your thing at the gym. Going into the battle you are already worrying about the cosmetics. So yea man, I have to agree with what you are saying here.

pimp.gif
Diego
pimp.gif
Octagon
glasses.gif
Prince of Persia

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

-Dressing better look.
-Streetwear look.

-Bball shorts, nike socks/slippers, loose shirt, hat look.

Theres a time and place for it all my friends. Probably 75% of my summer days will be looking like #3 though. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

::edit::

Cmon OP, you gotta atleast have a good shooting form to rock the nike socks/slippers and bball shorts look. 
laugh.gif

so dudes really think they doin it wearin nothin but sneakers and bball shorts/sandals? 

can't cosign this thread NT.

kourtney-kardashian-scott-disick-labor-day-01.jpg

Dressing like a grown up >

so dudes really think they doin it wearin nothin but sneakers and bball shorts/sandals? 

can't cosign this thread NT.

kourtney-kardashian-scott-disick-labor-day-01.jpg

Dressing like a grown up >

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

the motivation is in the fact that it doesn't work as you grow.  You can't be going to clubs/bars dressed like that.  And you won't be picking up those girls as you get older.
Sure, wear what you want at 16, 17, but when you are 20, 21, +, it's time to mature.

the motivation is in the fact that it doesn't work as you grow.  You can't be going to clubs/bars dressed like that.  And you won't be picking up those girls as you get older.
Sure, wear what you want at 16, 17, but when you are 20, 21, +, it's time to mature.

=

Dressing for others. NOTHING wrong with it. Lets just call a spade a spade.

Back
Top Bottom