F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

surprised, but NOT disappointed

good decision.
let's see if Ferrari will protest again... don't know if DiResta's sky analysis is good enough though :lol:

edit: ferrari won't protest against the decision. Props to them!

Last edited:
Always has to be controversial with Max. He could've won without it. I think he was scared he'll run out of time after Leclerc out dragged him in the previous lap. Still well deserved win.

Shame for Lewis. I think he could've got 2nd place without the penalty but that plus him breaking his car over the kerbs meant it was damage limitation.
Also Merc need to sort out their cooling issues with the heatwave happening in Europe right now. I hope it's only an issue on high altitude tracks because Canada was also hot.

Gasly and Kubica :sick: :sick: :sick:

Looks like the Merc's just didn't have the pace... lift-and-coast from 400m is a huge deficit.

P6 & P8 (from P19) though. Progress.

It was ridiculous :lol:
It looks like an outlap sometimes but hey I think it still shows the pace the car has if you get 3rd and fifth with all that lift and coast.

Mercedes are going to get washed in Mexico :lol:
They'll be good in the last sector but with the altitude and heat, it's going to be a hard race.

Finally got around to editing my pics from the Canada GP, these are some of my faves. Gonna post more on my IG over the next few days.

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

I think it's the fact that he checked after Ricciardo asked that got me.

Anyway, looking like Gasly after using Max's setup is right up there.
I'll reserve judgement until after the race but it's looking like Red Bull mismanaged this themselves. I won't be surprised if all the focus was on Max and Gasly got the scraps but we shall see.
If it is the case though then it should not have taken what 8 races for this to be sorted out.

What happened to Carlos?! They were looking good up to that point! At least we got a decent spot for Lando.

And WTH happened to Sebby???

Should be good tomorrow.

• Bottas trying to reinstall version 2.0
  • Lewis has better race pace but he will have to worry about Leclerc on softs, starting besides him on the grid.
  • Red Bulls close on a power track. Engine and upgrades working better than ever.
  • Gasly 3 tenths back. Not bad
  • It's looking like 2014 again for Vettel.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m very excited for the race. Let’s go Lewis!
Plus watching Wimbledon. Go Roger!

I hate both events happening at the same time :smh:

Awesome race to watch. Great result for the Silver Arrows, Bottas must be very frustrated. Back luck for him, Hamilton’s strategy really paid off (thanks to Antonio).

Crazy race. Good battle between Charles and Max.
And another mistake by Sebby. A concerning bad patch for him.

And how unlucky for the guys who got screwed over by the SC... Bottas and Lando.
Lando had decent pace too!

Wow, have to feel for Verstappen. Vintage Vettel. :smh:
He's made way too many errors over the past few season, but to call that 'vintage'? Come on now. I'm no fan of his, but you don't just luck into 4 WDCs. RBR had the fastest car, but you still gotta do the job.

Fair enough, probably shouldn’t have used “vintage”. Admittedly I dislike him & was annoyed to see him ruin Max’s day. And, admittedly, he’s one of the greats. My “vintage” was referring to the incredible amount of unforced mistakes since the second half of 2018.

Lewis :pimp: extra point at the end :pimp:
Finally extending the stint worked for the first time 8):lol:

What a race! So many battles! Awesome.

Vettel though... :smh:

The future is bright!

What great racing from Max and Leclerc. I thought Leclerc didn't have the killer instinct but looks like Austria fired him up. I expect many battles with these two in the future.
Leclerc's pass on Gasly was sublime :wow:

Bottas just hasn't got the pace of Lewis. Even without the safety car I don't think he would have won.
I think Lewis should've shut the door after his first pass but I guess he's thinking about the championship.

Fastest lap on 32 lap old hards vs new softs :wow:
Anyways 6 home wins, 80 wins in total. 11 more to go to match Schumacher.

Shame Federer didn't wn, it would've have been a real good Sunday for me.

Last edited:

Won't be surprised if every Red Bull mechanic gets unlimited supply of Red Bull. :lol:
The pit stop is insane. The sounds of the wheel guns were fully synchronised.

I also just remembered Grosjean crashing on his way out of the pits. :lol:
Decided to one up his crash under the safety car.

Back
Top Bottom